Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UCF

Kudos to Stanford for taking on this juggernaut. PAC 12 gets the honor of plungering this dumb team so we can stop hearing about them every year.

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Stanford is an 8-point underdog.

lol. I think they beat that overrated, over-ranked team by 3 to 4 touchdowns.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,080
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

With Costello back is that not an interesting play on Stanford? For recreational purposes only

I think I need to see more of the Stanford defense that gave up 45 points before putting real money on it
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

That’s because you are dumb
    ntxduck said:

Eat paste, halfway quook.

• Stanford wins 23 - 22 on a fluke missed extra point
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

With Costello back is that not an interesting play on Stanford? For recreational purposes only

I think I need to see more of the Stanford defense that gave up 45 points before putting real money on it
    I mean I am certainly not laying the points with UCF. The spread has widened slightly too far in an overreaction to Stanford's two mediocre results and the betting public has overreacted as well with 85% on UCF.

The thing about David Shaw and Stanford though is that they grind out the inferior teams and avoid upsets but they don't have the gameplan or offensive identity to spring upsets on superior teams. They have been very consistent in this pattern.

The other thing about Stanford though that has changed is their success running the football. Everyone assumes Stanford is a running team and Bryce Love was one of a long line of hyped Stanford RBs but they were awful last year running and elite in the passing game. 109th in yards per rush attempt vs 15th in yards per pass attempt. We saw this dichotomy in their second half comebacks vs UW and UO. When they needed to pass they were hard to stop with all their big bodied TE/WRs. When they tried to establish the run against good teams they were unsuccessful.

The running game woes don't seem to have resolved themselves this year and Scarlett is no Love. Does Shaw admit his personnel doesn't match his identity and let KJ loose? Doubtful.

So I don't think Stanford is likely to pull the upset. If they do it will be a close game I don't see a blowout as at all likely since Shaw will not be aggressive if he gets up early.

I am watching the game and might take the points. Certainly won't take UCF.
    Excellent poast
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I mean I am certainly not laying the points with UCF. The spread has widened slightly too far in an overreaction to Stanford's two mediocre results and the betting public has overreacted as well with 85% on UCF.

The thing about David Shaw and Stanford though is that they grind out the inferior teams and avoid upsets but they don't have the gameplan or offensive identity to spring upsets on superior teams. They have been very consistent in this pattern.

The other thing about Stanford though that has changed is their success running the football. Everyone assumes Stanford is a running team and Bryce Love was one of a long line of hyped Stanford RBs but they were awful last year running and elite in the passing game. 109th in yards per rush attempt vs 15th in yards per pass attempt. We saw this dichotomy in their second half comebacks vs UW and UO. When they needed to pass they were hard to stop with all their big bodied TE/WRs. When they tried to establish the run against good teams they were unsuccessful.

The running game woes don't seem to have resolved themselves this year and Scarlett is no Love. Does Shaw admit his personnel doesn't match his identity and let KJ loose? Doubtful.

So I don't think Stanford is likely to pull the upset. If they do it will be a close game I don't see a blowout as at all likely since Shaw will not be aggressive if he gets up early.

I am watching the game and might take the points. Certainly won't take UCF.

I think Stanford is going to get made an example out of and be glad to get the hell out of FL and back to Cali after that game.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

LOL
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LOL
    Won't be funny next week facing an angry Stanford at the Farm after they got punked by a shit team that belongs in a lower division. Put on the red and white, douche bag, because you're not a real duck.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

LOL
    Won't be funny next week facing an angry Stanford at the Farm after they got punked by a shit team that belongs in a lower division. Put on the red and white, douche bag, because you're not a real duck.
    Wait, you're the dumbass that thought Stanford was winning this game but he's the one who wears red and white?

That's some great pumpy logic my fren.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,448
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCF could win the SEC east or whichever ACC division doesnt have clemson
    PurpleJ said:

UCF could win the SEC east or whichever ACC division doesnt have clemson

Or Stanford just sucks. I'm going with that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread aged well
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    OBK. The George Costanza of cfb prgnostion.

UCF would be competitive in this conference dodo bird.