Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Besides Jake Eldrenkamp...

2»

Comments

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

is our 2012 OL class a total bust?

I may be alone in this, but watching to see what if anything our new OL coach can salvage from the fucking mess left behind by Sark-Cozzetto...... will be the most interesting and crucial part of the coaching change. How can so many returning senior starters be expected to improve? And yet, they must get better for there's little or no depth with proven talent backing them up.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

In a word, yes, complete bust although I'm pretty sure Taylor Hindy and Corey Fuavai are going to blow up this year.

That whole fucking class is a bust and Sark's second worst. He inflated the rating by signing an extra QB who will never serve a purpose on the team and by paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to lure Shaq to UW.

OT Taylor Hindy: who?
    DE Pio Vatuvei: flameout
    CB Brandon Beaver: jury still out, passed by a scrawny true frosh for PT last year.
    CB Cleveland Wallace: flameout
    WR Jaydon Mickens: productive player
    OG Shane Brostek: leaning toward bust with wasted RS year
    S Shaq Thompson: Very good player
    K Travis Coons: JC one mediocre year and one good one filling two positions.
    QB Cyler Miles: Let's assume he's staying ahead of Lindquist = productive player jury still out
    OG Jake Eldrenkamp: jury still out
    FB Psalm Wooching: could count the total snaps this kid will see in his career on my fingers and toes
    DE Damion Turpin: who?
    C Corey Fuavai: Corey English was twice the player
    DE Josh Banks: JC two year bust
    DE Corey Littleton: productive player in the DE rotation
    LB Ryan McDaniel: recruited to be a RB, jury still out
    RB Erich Wilson: flameout
    Kalei Auelua: never came to UW
    P Korey Durkee: bust
    WR Kendyl Taylor: productive true frosh, RS, jury still out
    LB Blake Rodgers: flameout
    OT Nathan Dean: flameout
    WR Dwayne Washington: moved to RB, likely #1 RB in 2014
    CB Darien Washington: flameout
    QB Jeff Lindquist: going with the assumption that Miles stays ahead of him, he's a bust.

One of the QBs is a bust even the the jury is still technically out on both.

I count:

1 never enrolled

6 flameouts

5 busts

5 more likely busts

3-5 productive or likely to be productive players

1 really good player.

I only accounted for about 22 of the 25 signees. I'm not sure what to say about a few guys who haven't cracked the functional depth yet but seem like they might still have something to offer. Still, one real good player and 2-4 more productive but not special players out of 25 is horrible for a guy reputed to be a great recruiter. About 17 will be complete wastes of an LOI...out of 25.

Sarkisian apologists smugly dismiss his dumpster fire 2009 class because it wasn't fair. 2012 needs to be thrown in their face more often. The idiots were gargling his balls over it because all they saw was him stealing Tosh and a 5* safety while ignoring the rest of the lackluster effort.

Chuck, let this class at least become upperclassmen before you start spewing your drivel. I just shake my head every time you slap something down on this forum
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2014
    chuck said:

I don't see 11 TTJ. List them. If you're counting guys like Durkee and Brostek, who started as freshmen (out of pure desperation in Brostek's case), sucked, and are never going to start again, then I'm not sure what you've proven.

1. Coons (26 career starts) 2. Thompson (25) 3. Littleton (14) 4. Mickens (13) 5. Wooching (13) 6. Brostek (3) 7. Durkee (3) 8. Miles (1) 9. Taylor (1) 10. Vatuvei (1) 11. Beaver (1)

Don't believe me? Look up their UW bios. Don't like describing a Wooching or a Coons or a Durkee as a "starter?" Semantics. They were at the top of the depth chart on game week at the positions they were recruited to play. What have I proven? Exactly what I said: That 11 of these kids have started at least one game.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

chuck said:

I don't see 11 TTJ. List them. If you're counting guys like Durkee and Brostek, who started as freshmen (out of pure desperation in Brostek's case), sucked, and are never going to start again, then I'm not sure what you've proven.

1. Coons (26 career starts) 2. Thompson (25) 3. Littleton (14) 4. Mickens (13) 5. Wooching (13) 6. Brostek (3) 7. Durkee (3) 8. Miles (1) 9. Taylor (1) 10. Vatuvei (1) 11. Beaver (1)

Don't believe me? Look up their UW bios. Don't like describing a Wooching or a Coons or a Durkee as a "starter?" Semantics. They were at the top of the depth chart on game week at the positions they were recruited to play. What have I proven? Exactly what I said: That 11 of these kids have started at least one game.

I wasn't aware that Beaver or Vatuvei were ever listed as starters.

All I'm saying is that the fact that some of those guys started games, or were at least listed as starters, doesn't mean they have been of any real, lasting value as players. It does come down to semantics.

There are very few good players in that class of 25 and that's my point whether I did a good job of illustrating it or not. Some of the guys I've all but written off can still prove me wrong, but I don't think they will. History will prove there were a couple of very good players, a couple more useful players, a bunch of busts/washouts, and a whole bunch of scholarship fillers.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

Cunty, Fetters like post.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2014

The reading comprehension on this bored seems to be taking a nosedive this weekend. @chuck said "list them," and I did. But don't let that stand in the way of more histrionics about the "real, lasting value" of a class that's only been on campus for two seasons.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

The reading comprehension on this bored seems to be taking a nosedive this weekend. @chuck said "list them," and I did. But don't let that stand in the way of more histrionics about the "real, lasting value" of a class that's only been on campus for two seasons.
    He's right. It was cunty and FettersFS. You're fixated on the number of starters (and when I said list them it was only because I was curious...no malice intended). I'm assessing the quality of players in the class. I know it's a reach when they're only two years in. The amount of attrition and the modest overall rating (especially if they hadn't snagged Thompson) are kinda undeniable though. The low quality and quantity of OL recruited in a year where we were supposed to make up for the lack of OL in 2011 are also kinda hard to debate.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

It was a Fetters like post. I know Chuck asked you to list those 11 guys, but what does listing Brostek, Wooching, Durkee, and Taylor as starters prove? There are not very many impact guys from the class. The 2012 class looks pretty bad to me, although it is fair to give it some more time as some of the guys are young.