Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Latu is not hurt

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    He needs to start with Ngata next game, Tryon needs to learn how to play football
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

the way Tryon was a non-factor against EWU and a liability against Cal, I would start Latu

no brainer.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

the way Tryon was a non-factor against EWU and a liability against Cal, I would start Latu

no brainer.
    we shall see
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,290
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’d move Benning back there so we can hold the edge.

A first team of Benning, Levi, Bronson, and Latu would be pretty good. Who do you rotate as 2nd's though?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,290
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

A first team of Benning, Levi, Bronson, and Latu would be pretty good. Who do you rotate as 2nd's though?
    When you 3 and out you don’t get tired
    -Steve Emtman
    I'm not saying don't do it. I like it. Just curious who people would slide into the rotation.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Agreed.

Levi, Bronson, and Tuli are doing fine at holding down the interior DL. Taimani should be able to spot duty

As much as I dislike Benning's passrush and general athleticism, the edge was so bad against Cal its obvious Potato needs to be moved back outside and on the field and let Bronson and Levi hold the middle.

Get the best players on the field. That means Levi, Bronson, and Potato together as much as possible.

Tuli subs inside. Bowman and Rice can spell Potato.
    Problem he is to big now to hold it for the whole game
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    If he wasn't hurt then where did he disappear to?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

He probably was hurt to some degree. Petersen won't answer a question not asked, and the reporter didn't ask if he was hurt.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717

He probably was hurt to some degree. Petersen won't answer a question not asked, and the reporter didn't ask if he was hurt.
    FAKE NEWS.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,321
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I disagree with this. The problem with the defense this season is a complete lack of linebackers. Compounding this problem is that O-linemen are getting to the second level, forcing linebackers to either take circuitous routes to the ball carrier or get caught in the wash altogether. I want one of Taimani and Letuligasenoa in on every single standard down. That means shorter than, say, 3rd and 8. There needs to be at least one lineman who can 2-gap and eat up blockers. The whole core philosophy of this defense has seemingly changed, and clearly it's not for the better.

I FULLY support Benning back to the edge to contain at this point. Hopefully he can shed that 20 pounds somewhat quickly and return to exactly what he was last year, as that would be an upgrade. I want to see a front four of Benning, Tuli, Levi, Latu (when healthy). Second line of Bowman, Taimani, Bronson, Ngata. Obvious passing downs Tryon, Benning, Levi, Latu/Ngata.

Then I want the entire ILB room fitted with shock collars that go off when they get spun or fill the wrong gap. No more blitzing the motherfucking A-gap.
    While we're at it, what the fuck is going on in the secondary? Gordon is a safety playing corner, Hampton rides the pine, meanwhile Williams needs to go back into the incubator for a redshirt year to bulk up and work on tackling. Seems Dom to corner, Gordon to FS is an easy solution to everything.
  • Options
    SeoulDawgSeoulDawg Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I havent rewatched cause I dont wanna have to buy a new tv but it was on a kick off. He made a awkward tackle (got ran into) looked like he got his bell rang at first but ended up limping off the field. 3rd qtr iirc
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I disagree with this. The problem with the defense this season is a complete lack of linebackers. Compounding this problem is that O-linemen are getting to the second level, forcing linebackers to either take circuitous routes to the ball carrier or get caught in the wash altogether. I want one of Taimani and Letuligasenoa in on every single standard down. That means shorter than, say, 3rd and 8. There needs to be at least one lineman who can 2-gap and eat up blockers. The whole core philosophy of this defense has seemingly changed, and clearly it's not for the better.

I FULLY support Benning back to the edge to contain at this point. Hopefully he can shed that 20 pounds somewhat quickly and return to exactly what he was last year, as that would be an upgrade. I want to see a front four of Benning, Tuli, Levi, Latu (when healthy). Second line of Bowman, Taimani, Bronson, Ngata. Obvious passing downs Tryon, Benning, Levi, Latu/Ngata.

Then I want the entire ILB room fitted with shock collars that go off when they get spun or fill the wrong gap. No more blitzing the motherfucking A-gap.
    While we're at it, what the fuck is going on in the secondary? Gordon is a safety playing corner, Hampton rides the pine, meanwhile Williams needs to go back into the incubator for a redshirt year to bulk up and work on tackling. Seems Dom to corner, Gordon to FS is an easy solution to everything.
    I thought about that too. I haven’t seen him play safety but i am wondering if it would solve some things for us.

Hampton or Molden to outside cb.