Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Latu is not hurt

2»

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Is there a reason why we seem to be blitzing a lot more than we have in the past? With the inexperience with the center of the D (ILB/Safeties) it seems a little FS...
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,625
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I’d move Benning back there so we can hold the edge.

A first team of Benning, Levi, Bronson, and Latu would be pretty good. Who do you rotate as 2nd's though?
    I disagree with this. The problem with the defense this season is a complete lack of linebackers. Compounding this problem is that O-linemen are getting to the second level, forcing linebackers to either take circuitous routes to the ball carrier or get caught in the wash altogether. I want one of Taimani and Letuligasenoa in on every single standard down. That means shorter than, say, 3rd and 8. There needs to be at least one lineman who can 2-gap and eat up blockers. The whole core philosophy of this defense has seemingly changed, and clearly it's not for the better.

I FULLY support Benning back to the edge to contain at this point. Hopefully he can shed that 20 pounds somewhat quickly and return to exactly what he was last year, as that would be an upgrade. I want to see a front four of Benning, Tuli, Levi, Latu (when healthy). Second line of Bowman, Taimani, Bronson, Ngata. Obvious passing downs Tryon, Benning, Levi, Latu/Ngata.

Then I want the entire ILB room fitted with shock collars that go off when they get spun or fill the wrong gap. No more blitzing the motherfucking A-gap.
    While we're at it, what the fuck is going on in the secondary? Gordon is a safety playing corner, Hampton rides the pine, meanwhile Williams needs to go back into the incubator for a redshirt year to bulk up and work on tackling. Seems Dom to corner, Gordon to FS is an easy solution to everything.
    I 100% agree. Gordon does not look comfortable at corner and has racked up bad penalties. I was very high on Gordon but something isn't quite right at corner. They are desperate playing Williams. He is not ready.

Keeping things in front of Gordon would allow him to make more plays with his athletic talents. He looks physically ready for safety.