Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heat Thunder second half on TNT

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

Tequilla said:

As long as Russell Westbrook thinks he is >>> Kevin Durant ... they'll continually get owned in big game spots ...

Know your fucking role Westbrook

I see some people didn't learn from last year's 4-1 loss to the Grizzlies how important Westbrook is to the Thunder. He's been out two months and it was his first game back. I agree that he should dial it back at times and let Durant do his thing, but the Thunder aren't doing shit without Westbrook.

I see you have forgotten that Westbrook got my MVP vote for the Finals when the Heat won 4-1
    You must have been celebrating those wins with too many substances. Don't you mean Harden, who completely disappeared after a great series against San Antonio? 27 ppg in the series for Westbrook including 43 in game 4 on 20-32 shooting. He played shitty in game 5, but the series was already over when Mike Miller shoots 7-7 from 3. The Thunder lost because the Heat were better, not because of Westbrook.

Harden was awful that series and despite that Kendrick Perkins was somehow even worse. Scott Brooks deserves some credit too for being a dumb fuck the entire series.

I wouldn't say Westbrook played well at all that series. He shot 43.3% most of which is weighed by that 20-32 performance. In the other 4 games he shot 32-88(36.3%) which is fucking terrible and averaged 23 a game.

His advanced stats were horrible that series. James Harden was a 16.6 game(Third best in the NBA Finals behind Lebron and Durant) score while Westbrook was a 10.0(worse than Mario Chalmers).

Westbrook minus game 4 where he was amazing played shitty that series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012_finals.html#MIA-OKC
    4-20 in game 5 really fucked up his shooting stats. He was shooting 48% before that game. Look at the box scores. He played pretty well and his +/- was positive or 0 in 3 of the 5 games . Harden shot 37.5% and averaged 12.4, way less than his average. Harden went 2-10 in game 3 and game 4. A normal Harden and they probably win at least one of those games and take the series back to OKC.

I see the advanced stats, but I remember that series. Harden disappearance, especially after his previous series against the Spurs was a major story. Really though, I just think the Heat were better. The Thunder were young and their time was coming. I still bet they win a championship or two in the next few years as long as Durant and/or Westbrook don't bolt, but trading Harden delayed the process.

Edit: I'm a dumb fuck and only read the part about advanced stats. I see where you said Harden was awful.

• Options

Tequilla said:

As long as Russell Westbrook thinks he is >>> Kevin Durant ... they'll continually get owned in big game spots ...

Know your fucking role Westbrook

I see some people didn't learn from last year's 4-1 loss to the Grizzlies how important Westbrook is to the Thunder. He's been out two months and it was his first game back. I agree that he should dial it back at times and let Durant do his thing, but the Thunder aren't doing shit without Westbrook.

I see you have forgotten that Westbrook got my MVP vote for the Finals when the Heat won 4-1
    You must have been celebrating those wins with too many substances. Don't you mean Harden, who completely disappeared after a great series against San Antonio? 27 ppg in the series for Westbrook including 43 in game 4 on 20-32 shooting. He played shitty in game 5, but the series was already over when Mike Miller shoots 7-7 from 3. The Thunder lost because the Heat were better, not because of Westbrook.

Harden was awful that series and despite that Kendrick Perkins was somehow even worse. Scott Brooks deserves some credit too for being a dumb fuck the entire series.

I wouldn't say Westbrook played well at all that series. He shot 43.3% most of which is weighed by that 20-32 performance. In the other 4 games he shot 32-88(36.3%) which is fucking terrible and averaged 23 a game.

His advanced stats were horrible that series. James Harden was a 16.6 game(Third best in the NBA Finals behind Lebron and Durant) score while Westbrook was a 10.0(worse than Mario Chalmers).

Westbrook minus game 4 where he was amazing played shitty that series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012_finals.html#MIA-OKC
    4-20 in game 5 really fucked up his shooting stats. He was shooting 48% before that game. Look at the box scores. He played pretty well and his +/- was positive or 0 in 3 of the 5 games . Harden shot 37.5% and averaged 12.4, way less than his average. Harden went 2-10 in game 3 and game 4. A normal Harden and they probably win at least one of those games and take the series back to OKC.

I see the advanced stats, but I remember that series. Harden disappearance, especially after his previous series against the Spurs was a major story. Really though, I just think the Heat were better. The Thunder were young and their time was coming. I still bet they win a championship or two in the next few years as long as Durant and/or Westbrook don't bolt, but trading Harden delayed the process.

Edit: I'm a dumb fuck and only read the part about advanced stats. I see where you said Harden was awful.

Westbrook was amazing in game 4, awful in game 5 and not up to his abilities in games 1-3 which is still pretty good I think we can agree on that.

Heat won that series in order.

1. Lebron
    2. Lebron
    3. James Harden
    4. Scott Brooks(Perkins should never play and yet 2 years later still does)
    5. Heat role players produced while OKC didn't

So Westbrook doesn't even crack in my top 5 reasons why Heat won.

OKC has no shot in hell of beating Miami without Westbrook. Like I said in another post Westbrook has two career paths he can follow. Option 1 is Kobe in early 2000's with Shaq or option 2 is Stephon Marburry with KG. Either way it will be interesting as a skinny jeans little wise man once said.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Westbrook got my MVP because he scored all those points thus helping Miami avoid the guy that could have beat them, Durrant. Ball hogging point guards don't win titles.
  • Options
    OKC is now 0-3 with all three losses at home since Westbrook has came back.

Holding the ball a lot, playing bad D and I'm not at all surprised by this.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm sure if they had the James Harden trade back they would've never made it. #IbakaoverHarden #Whatafuckingjoke
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

OKC is now 0-3 with all three losses at home since Westbrook has came back.

Holding the ball a lot, playing bad D and I'm not at all surprised by this.

Losing at home to Cleveland is surprising. Still, it's the regular season. Teams lose focus and play shitty sometimes. Westbrook just came back and today was his first game he played 30 minutes. Give it a few weeks for Westbrook to knock off the rust and for the team to get acclimated to having him back. Like I previously posted, before Westbrook got hurt on Christmas, the Thunder were 18-2 in their last 20.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I'm sure if they had the James Harden trade back they would've never made it. #IbakaoverHarden #Whatafuckingjoke

The worst part is they didn't even have to choose. All they needed to do was amnesty Perkins and they could have fit all four key players in. The Thunder are cheap though, despite having the most expensive average ticket in the league.

• Options

dhdawg said:

The worst part is they didn't even have to choose. All they needed to do was amnesty Perkins and they could have fit all four key players in. The Thunder are cheap though, despite having the most expensive average ticket in the league.

I'm absolutely stunned to hear that the Thunder ownership turned out to be absolute shitheads.

Fuck em is my motto!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dhdawg said:

Turns out even when you luck into Kevin Durant and draft super well to add Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Serge Ibaka that running a team in a small market like OKC is really expensive. It's such a shame the Thunder ownership didn't have a legitimate market that would have hosted the team. Poor Clay Clay.