Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why is the media so high on Utah?

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Same reason they're high on Justin Herbert. They don't do any research and once that ball starts bouncing around the echo chamber, it gets moving real fast.

I don’t have a problem with Utah being the favorite in the South, but to say they are better than UW is wrong. We’re a more talented team with the proven best coach in the conference, and we beat them every year. The media decided it was Utah’s year for some reason.
    That's exactly right. It's Karl Malone winning MVP over MJ.

There's basically zero reason to not favor UW every single year until they prove otherwise. The best coaching staff, by a million fucking miles, with the at worst 2nd best talent. Fucking duh? I hate it but pretending I don't have cancer isn't gonna make it stop metastasizing.

Also if I stop posting for a few monthsever it's not cause I'm banned. Or it's also because I'm banned.
    This is impressive negaquooking.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We can agree that TBS alone doesn’t predict PAC titles (eg USC and UCLA of late). But no school has won the Pac with Utah level talent in a long ass time. Cuog in 2002 was the last and the would have gotten skull fucked by USC in a PAC 12 championship revenge game. Utah doesn’t hasnt had the horses no matter how well Wittingham develops players.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,826
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Whittingham does more with less. No one wants to pick the defending champ to win again, because they are edge lords like @puppylove_sugarsteel who care more about going out on a limb than actually being right.

ASU or USC in the loaded south. I’m favoring the bitchfork, but Helton won before and USC probably has some decent talent.

Is USC running some version of the air raid that doesn't require a QB? They're going to be dismal.
  • Options
    HonestDonHonestDon Member Posts: 97
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    The most concerning game for me is Arizona in Tucson. Even though the Arizona program is a tire fire, it will be UW’s second road game in two weeks. It’s always hard to win in the desert and a healthy Tate is probably the most dangerous quarterback we? face.

Back-to-back road games in conference should never happen. Fire Larry Scott.

Oregon at home the next week is also concerning. Utah at home coming off a bye doesn’t worry me.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 540
    HonestDon said:

The most concerning game for me is Arizona in Tucson. Even though the Arizona program is a tire fire, it will be UW’s second road game in two weeks. It’s always hard to win in the desert and a healthy Tate is probably the most dangerous quarterback we? face.

Oregon at home the next week is also concerning. Utah at home coming off a bye doesn’t worry me.

you havent seen Gordon in the wet confines of huskie stadium
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HonestDon said:

Uhhh good luck constructing a conference schedule without back to back road games.
  • Options
    YouKnowIt said:

HonestDon said:

you havent seen Gordon in the wet confines of huskie stadium
    That made me chuckle. But if I’m any other team but UW, I’m worried about the latest Leach air raid. Probably good for another 9 or 10 wins which is an insane level of sustained success for the coug.
  • Options

HonestDon said:

Uhhh good luck constructing a conference schedule without back to back road games.
    You’re right you snarky SOB. The event I was thinking of that should never happen is back to back conference road games where the second game is played on a Friday. I think the conference did avoid scheduling that situation.

Looks like at least Utah, Oregon, and the coug don’t play back to back conference road games this year.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    haie said:

Solid RB, Shitty QB. Seems like we should have no problem shutting their offense down. We've beat them 4 straight.

I doubt they even watched Huntley last year as he got owned by fucking Browning.
    This statement is always puzzling.

QB-X really owned QB-Y.

Huh?

Was it a one v one competition? A duel?

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sources said:

Is USC running some version of the air raid that doesn't require a QB? They're going to be dismal.

theyre running a version of the 'air raid' where you run on 1st and 2nd down and throw a checkdown on 3rd down.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Solid RB, Shitty QB. Seems like we should have no problem shutting their offense down. We've beat them 4 straight.

I doubt they even watched Huntley last year as he got owned by fucking Browning.

QB-X really owned QB-Y.

Huh?

Haie is not a bright poster. Or did I miss Browning playing corner?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Why? Because Utah is very good...and BYU is good too. Why are these newbers asking so many fucktardo'd questions lately? Rhetorical yes, but ill supply a few reasons for the slow folks

1. The veteran posters offer nothing (sans Pump)

2. The squad team offers nothing...but at least they try.

Advice to both. Watch a few games, then opine or ask questions. But please, dont ask why the media likes Utah. Utah is the 2nd, maybe 3rd best team in the conference for obvious reasons. If u cant see why, just watch a game, not just the score

Oh, ASU will play for South. Now youve been educated. Go to your dorms and sound educated in front of your fellow dorm dorks now.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Why? Because Utah is very good...and BYU is good too. Why are these newbers asking so many fucktardo'd questions lately? Rhetorical yes, but ill supply a few reasons for the slow folks

Advice to both. Watch a few games, then opine or ask questions. But please, dont ask why the media likes Utah. Utah is the 2nd, maybe 3rd best team in the conference for obvious reasons. If u cant see why, just watch a game, not just the score

Oh, ASU will play for South. Now youve been educated. Go to your dorms and sound educated in front of your fellow dorm dorks now.

I actually agree with the ASU take surprisingly.

The rest of it is a crock of shit
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like ASU too. But I've had front row seats to underweight QBs. It #1 does not last long and #2 does not end well.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most seem to have Utah the front runner in the PAC 12. I agree that they are in the 2-4 range.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

I like ASU too. But I've had front row seats to underweight QBs. It #1 does not last long and #2 does not end well.
    Daniels weighs less than a fart. He won’t last 4 conference games.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    89ute said:

haie said:

QB-X really owned QB-Y.

Huh?

Haie is not a bright poster. Or did I miss Browning playing corner?
    Huntley scored 7.

Browning scored 21.

Like I care what a self loathing beavlet and some loooser who's just happy to be in the Pac 12 think.

Fuck this conference for letting Utah in.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,214
    Founders Club
    Utah comes up to Worshington all beat up after what will be a 7-6 game against at that point in time a desperate Kal team. Oh and the Dawgs face BYE the week before. Dawgs have something to prove against that overrated team they could have destroyed twice with a decent QB last year.