Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Skinny check down

2»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,644
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

jecornel said:

haie said:

Tom Brady won 10 super bulls checking down. Who gives a fuck.

Randy Moss says hi.
    Who?
    Who?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,231
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

haie said:

Tom Brady won 10 super bulls checking down. Who gives a fuck.

Randy Moss says hi.
    Randy went 18-0 (1)
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,157
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This would be a worry if Haener was still on the sqwad, but he’s not.

Who’s Pete gonna bench him for??
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

A check down when receivers aren't open instead of forcing it into double coverage, running around like a chicken, or taking a sack seems pretty nice.

Dump it off to Ahmed/McGrew/Kamari/Chico/Lowe and let them do work in space. I know you're used to lame ducks floating out there that take 20 seconds and by then the DB or LB is on the guy. But...

Watch the Georgia highlights. Skinny gets it out there fast and the check down man always has it in open space and can get yards. I'll take 3-4 yards with a chance to make a guy miss than whatever the fuck Browning did for 4 years.

Plus, it'll suck up the DB's and then you can take shots over the top. I'm all for letting it rip and using his 60 yard on a rope arm strength. But if the receivers aren't getting open (which happened all the time last year and reports say continued in camps), I'd like to take the easy yards and like the fact that Skinny isn't stubborn.

This.

I want him checking down often unless there are guys running open down the field. The long balls will come.
    So you want Scott linehan ball... awesome.
    Little Jimmy argumentative with liberal use of fallacy as usual. Fuck off little jimmy.

Edit...I want him making reads and throwing to guys who are open enough to get the ball to. Since we dont have any deep threats, at least not that I've seen in live action, I assume this will mean plenty of check downs. Eventually guys will start getting open down the field.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

A check down when receivers aren't open instead of forcing it into double coverage, running around like a chicken, or taking a sack seems pretty nice.

Dump it off to Ahmed/McGrew/Kamari/Chico/Lowe and let them do work in space. I know you're used to lame ducks floating out there that take 20 seconds and by then the DB or LB is on the guy. But...

Watch the Georgia highlights. Skinny gets it out there fast and the check down man always has it in open space and can get yards. I'll take 3-4 yards with a chance to make a guy miss than whatever the fuck Browning did for 4 years.

Plus, it'll suck up the DB's and then you can take shots over the top. I'm all for letting it rip and using his 60 yard on a rope arm strength. But if the receivers aren't getting open (which happened all the time last year and reports say continued in camps), I'd like to take the easy yards and like the fact that Skinny isn't stubborn.

This.

I want him checking down often unless there are guys running open down the field. The long balls will come.
    Little Jimmy argumentative with liberal use of fallacy as usual. Fuck off little jimmy.

Edit...I want him making reads and throwing to guys who are open enough to get the ball to. Since we dont have any deep threats, at least not that I've seen in live action, I assume this will mean plenty of check downs. Eventually guys will start getting open down the field.
    I want a big arm badass pushing the ball down field. What you want is a softcock offense.
  • Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Why wouldn't our receivers get open against Eastern?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Your_Mom said:

Because they suck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your_Mom said:

Because they suck
    This
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

This.

I want a big arm badass pushing the ball down field. What you want is a softcock offense.
    I want the offense to work, move the ball, and score points. It sounds like that's less of a priority for you.
    I do enjoy that Browning ruined you guys to the point that you are all pining for a guy with a big arm regardless of how good he is at playing qb.

Of course, the problem is that eason is a loser and the qb isn't the issue with the offense.
    At least Browning was never replaced for being an injury prone pussy.

Pup agrees.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

This.

I want the offense to work, move the ball, and score points. It sounds like that's less of a priority for you.
    You mean like all the other years besides 2016? Because it's been so awesome?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

This.

Huh? Did you mistake me for someone arguing for more of the same?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

This.

I do enjoy that Browning ruined you guys to the point that you are all pining for a guy with a big arm regardless of how good he is at playing qb.

Of course, the problem is that eason is a loser and the qb isn't the issue with the offense.
    At least Browning was never replaced for being an injury prone pussy.

Pup agrees.

A big arm with accuracy opens up an entire different set of plays and schemes that defenses will have to prepare for. Defenses facing browning had years of film on him. They knew what he couldn't do, hit 40-50 dimes on the reg.

I will take my chances with skinny pushing the ball.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

jecornel said:

chuck said:

I dunno man...

This.

Huh? Did you mistake me for someone arguing for more of the same?
    Well, we get to look under the hood tomorrow.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

If Pete miss uses Eason and does the same dink and dunk bullshit to start games, he needs to be fucking fired. Promote Lake or Kwat and have them get a fucking OC.

I am 100% serious

Downvoted for using "dink and dunk".