Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Urban to USC just became very real to me.

13»

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    89ute said:

EwaDawg said:

89ute said:

First of all, I'm a huge Urban ball gurgler. I always believe his bullshit reasons for not only leaving us, but always leaving everyone else. No shit, he told us he was leaving Utah because at Florida he never had to leave the state to recruit and he'd be home often enough to teach his son how to throw a curve ball. True fucking story, and us being the family is everything kind of culture, we bought it hook, line and sinker.

So he leaves Ohio State citing heath reasons, just like why he left Florida, I believed him. Some of you might remember when he took the OSU job, he pulled out a piece of paper which was a contract he signed with his family. That he would be home and shit, go to his daughters volleyball games, sleep, take care of himself bla bla bla... Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Well I bought that too.

So, getting to the point here, I had an opportunity to ask Whittingham about Urban to USC. It was during a booster luncheon today. Full disclosure, I'm a bottom rung Crimson Club member so I'm a fucking knowbody which is why I'm here. Kyle and Urban are truly close friends. Urban was here visiting the U, probably a Fox Sports function, don't really know. Urban spent the night at Kyle's house. After all the ball sauce swapping, they talked football. In response to my question to Kyle regarding Urban to USC, I expected to hear something along the lines of "Urban is done and he's out for good.". But no, he said and I'm paraphrasing, once the season starts and the juices start flowing, he'll get offers and he's certainly going to field them.

So there it is, Urban to USC. You're fucked and I'm fucked. This is the only year we, Utah has a shot. You fuckers can keep you're heads up your Petermen ass all you want, but when Urban arrives at USC we're all playing for second.

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

No. Utah and the rest of the South are playing for second. We? play SC only every other year and Peterman can get UW to the CCG to play for first place. Frequently.

I do agree that UTAH is fucked.
    Frequently? Really? You realized SC fucking boat raced your ass at your place in 2016 and you backed your way into that Pac-12 title because you didn't have to face SC again.
    Yes. (Did I fucking stutter?)

Who does Peterman have to worry about in the north (other than complacency)?

One potential loss (on the average of every other year) won't kill us. We've done okay in the PAC 8 playing every fucking team. And, our current coach might turn out to be even better than the previous one (not name Dobie).

WAC much?

BTW, check out the number of 4* on our roster now versus 2016. IT REALLY DOES TAKE TIM.

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

animate said:

chuck said:

Urban would be a fool not to wait out the LSU job. No way Orgeron lasts there but he will load the roster with talent...better talent than what USC will have.

I'm getting the impression that Orgeron has kinda turned the corner ... But I don't follow them too closely.
    I'll never believe that. Not even if I see it. Orgeron sucks.
    True.

I'm just thinking that the Cajun thing with Orgeron will lend him staying powers with LSU that may eject others a year or two earlier...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

animate said:

chuck said:

Urban would be a fool not to wait out the LSU job. No way Orgeron lasts there but he will load the roster with talent...better talent than what USC will have.

I'm getting the impression that Orgeron has kinda turned the corner ... But I don't follow them too closely.
    I'll never believe that. Not even if I see it. Orgeron sucks.
    Oregeron does well enough to not get fired. I gotta believe Urban would rather be in LA than around psychos in the SEC. lA is a different kind of psycho, but rich people like it.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Love when doogs are in denial about USC. Oh and Chip Kelly sucks now as well. Too fucking rich.

Chip isn’t doing shit at UCLA. I wouldn’t die on the Chip Kelly is great hill. He was great. He’s not anymore. Sometimes that happens.
    You don’t know that.

One bad year doesn’t tarnish his rep. At. All. Writing him off at this point is just silly.
    He went 1-15 his last year in the NFL. For all the talk about Savanna or Pete Carroll failing in the NFL, they never went 1-15.

UCLA will get better. They won’t get to good.
    Irrelevant. Also disagree.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    EwaDawg said:

digits said:

EwaDawg said:

89ute said:

First of all, I'm a huge Urban ball gurgler. I always believe his bullshit reasons for not only leaving us, but always leaving everyone else. No shit, he told us he was leaving Utah because at Florida he never had to leave the state to recruit and he'd be home often enough to teach his son how to throw a curve ball. True fucking story, and us being the family is everything kind of culture, we bought it hook, line and sinker.

So he leaves Ohio State citing heath reasons, just like why he left Florida, I believed him. Some of you might remember when he took the OSU job, he pulled out a piece of paper which was a contract he signed with his family. That he would be home and shit, go to his daughters volleyball games, sleep, take care of himself bla bla bla... Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Well I bought that too.

So, getting to the point here, I had an opportunity to ask Whittingham about Urban to USC. It was during a booster luncheon today. Full disclosure, I'm a bottom rung Crimson Club member so I'm a fucking knowbody which is why I'm here. Kyle and Urban are truly close friends. Urban was here visiting the U, probably a Fox Sports function, don't really know. Urban spent the night at Kyle's house. After all the ball sauce swapping, they talked football. In response to my question to Kyle regarding Urban to USC, I expected to hear something along the lines of "Urban is done and he's out for good.". But no, he said and I'm paraphrasing, once the season starts and the juices start flowing, he'll get offers and he's certainly going to field them.

So there it is, Urban to USC. You're fucked and I'm fucked. This is the only year we, Utah has a shot. You fuckers can keep you're heads up your Petermen ass all you want, but when Urban arrives at USC we're all playing for second.

No. Utah and the rest of the South are playing for second. We? play SC only every other year and Peterman can get UW to the CCG to play for first place. Frequently.

Incorrect. We? play SC 2 years straight, then UCLA 2 years straight, SC 2 years straight, and so on. The conference did this so Pac 12 north teams would be guaranteed to play a game in LA every other year for recruiting exposure, LA players' families being able to see them play in LA, and whatnot.
    Fuck. YOU.ARE.STUPID.

That is all.

Say "high" to the rest of your mensa peeps for me.

@EwaDawg you really are this fucking stupid arn't you. Fuck .. you're one dumb mother fucker. Then, you double down on stupid. I'll buy you a fucking WAM badge if you go through your schedule since 2011 and find anything other than what digits splained to you. You broke dick motherfucker.

You are fucking dumb.

Run along dipshit.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    No worried about about Urban.

No one laid waste to the Pac-X like Pete Carroll did. Pete leaving USC even today creates a huge smile on my face. No longer would I need to watch his Defenses rape us on the 50. They were but a few Texas heroics away from 3 straight NC.

I like Urban...but he's a more polished Bob Stoops. But like Stoops he will always lost that game he shouldn't. Last year it was Purdue and almost Maryland. Urban's a good coach but even at USC he's not going replicate Pete Carrol.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nope. It’s still Urbs to Okie when Riley leaves for the NFL in 2020. Ask me who will be the Coach of tOSU in 2021. The answer may shock you.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

Nope. It’s still Urbs to Okie when Riley leaves for the NFL in 2020. Ask me who will be the Coach of tOSU in 2021. The answer may shock you.

Don't see it. Notre Dame, maybe.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

digits said:

EwaDawg said:

89ute said:

Incorrect. We? play SC 2 years straight, then UCLA 2 years straight, SC 2 years straight, and so on. The conference did this so Pac 12 north teams would be guaranteed to play a game in LA every other year for recruiting exposure, LA players' families being able to see them play in LA, and whatnot.
    Fuck. YOU.ARE.STUPID.

That is all.

@EwaDawg What in the fuck are you talking about? Look at our conference schedule through 2026, Jeenyus:

Washington
    2019-20: USC (home/away), Utah (home/away), Arizona (away/home), Colorado (away/home)
    2021-22: Arizona State (home/away), UCLA (home/away), Arizona (away/home), Colorado (away/home)
    2023-24: Arizona State (home/away), Utah (home/away), Arizona (away/home), USC (away/home)
    2025-26: Arizona State (home/away), Utah (home/away), UCLA (away/home), Colorado (away/home)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/15/pac-12-football-the-conference-schedule-rotation-for-the-next-eight-year-cycle/
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    digits said:

EwaDawg said:

digits said:

EwaDawg said:

89ute said:

Fuck. YOU.ARE.STUPID.

That is all.

@EwaDawg What in the fuck are you talking about? Look at our conference schedule through 2026, Jeenyus:

Washington
    2019-20: USC (home/away), Utah (home/away), Arizona (away/home), Colorado (away/home)
    2021-22: Arizona State (home/away), UCLA (home/away), Arizona (away/home), Colorado (away/home)
    2023-24: Arizona State (home/away), Utah (home/away), Arizona (away/home), USC (away/home)
    2025-26: Arizona State (home/away), Utah (home/away), UCLA (away/home), Colorado (away/home)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05/15/pac-12-football-the-conference-schedule-rotation-for-the-next-eight-year-cycle/
    What I am talking about is that over an extended period of time (in increments of four years) we will play USC (on the average) every other year.

And, since we are only scheduled to play USC (on the average) every other year, it ('SC possibly hiring the mercenary aka Urban Meyers) will impact us half as badly as it does a team (like Utah) that is scheduled to play them every year.

Not really a difficult concept to understand until you thought it made a difference that they play twice in four years as opposed to once every other year.

And, yes, I overreacted a tiny bit. . . . . .What are message boreds for, anyway. . . .?

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Urbs to 'SC: My dad is a big time bandwagon USC homer (has the license plate bracket, underwear, bumper sticker, hat, etc.), having spent his formative years in LA. He called me yesterday to compare our respective teams' QB portal stories, and hawt Helton talk ensued when he mentioned he read an article that ranked which coaches would be fired first. Helton topped the list.

I argued that, what with all of the problems with USC's upper campus, Helton might last longer than Taggart just because of the chaos, but his firing is certainly chinevitable. I then recounted @89ute's tale of Whit hinting at Urban's return to crush the PAC and hear the lamentation of our womens. He responded with a strong disagree. Said the big talk in USC Land is that Mike Tomlin is going to quit the Steelers, bring his defensive staff with him, retain Graham Harrell at OC, reignite the LA recruiting pipeline, and say, "Bend over, SEC, I'm goin' in dry."

Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Urbs to 'SC: My dad is a big time bandwagon USC homer (has the license plate bracket, underwear, bumper sticker, hat, etc.), having spent his formative years in LA. He called me yesterday to compare our respective teams' QB portal stories, and hawt Helton talk ensued when he mentioned he read an article that ranked which coaches would be fired first. Helton topped the list.

I argued that, what with all of the problems with USC's upper campus, Helton might last longer than Taggart just because of the chaos, but his firing is certainly chinevitable. I then recounted @89ute's tale of Whit hinting at Urban's return to crush the PAC and hear the lamentation of our womens. He responded with a strong disagree. Said the big talk in USC Land is that Mike Tomlin is going to quit the Steelers, bring his defensive staff with him, retain Graham Harrell at OC, reignite the LA recruiting pipeline, and say, "Bend over, SEC, I'm goin' in dry."

Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.

Steve Spurrier sighted at SeaTac!