Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Annual Large Bet--Time to Doog

ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited August 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
So every year, there's always one pre-season CFB bet I really like and put a large sum (500-1kish) on. Last year it was Utah to win the South (at 6:1, IIRC).

Stopped off in Vegas last week and put it on UW to make the playoff at 12:1 this year. Don't fucking let me down Pete. Go with Eason. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

DoogItUp.gif

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like it. I took them at 60-1 to win it all but they will likely be higher than 5-1 if they make the playoffs so your bet is probably better.

Other futures:

Championship:
    Okie State 300-1
    Missouri 300-1 (need to win appeal)
    Mississippi State 150-1
    Wisconsin 110-1
    Miami 100-1
    Notre Dame 50-1

Conference:
    Minnesota 26-1
    Virginia 25-1
    Okie State 17-1
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Nice. I like the Ok state to win big 12 at those odds. I did a waterfall with UW, too....hit them to win North, Win Pac12, and make playoff. Hopefully all 3 hit

Praying doog
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Nice. I like the Ok state to win big 12 at those odds. I did a waterfall with UW, too....hit them to win North, Win Pac12, and make playoff. Hopefully all 3 hit

I like UW to win the North and Pac but I don't like to tie up money that I could be putting to use during the season (hopefully to bigger profit) so I only bet longshots on futures.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

I like UW to win the North and Pac but I don't like to tie up money that I could be putting to use during the season (hopefully to bigger profit) so I only bet longshots on futures.
    I feel that. I stopped betting season long win total O/Us a few years back for that very reason.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

ntxduck said:

So every year, there's always one pre-season CFB bet I really like and put a large sum (500-1kish) on. Last year it was Utah to win the South (at 6:1, IIRC).

Stopped off in Vegas last week and put it on UW to make the playoff at 12:1 this year. Don't fucking let me down Pete. Go with Eason. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.

DoogItUp.gif

It's going to be a rough day for you when Eastern dances on the W after Haener's two pick sixes put the Dawgs in a hole and Skinny's comeback falls just short.
    That combined with Oregon losing in Dallas may cause me to commit Seppuku on the 50 at Jerry's place
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

ntxduck said:

DoogItUp.gif

It's going to be a rough day for you when Eastern dances on the W after Haener's two pick sixes put the Dawgs in a hole and Skinny's comeback falls just short.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW to make the playoff at 12:1 is fair. I really like those odds this year. We do play USC but Clay Helton. 12-1 should make playoff.

For the national championship, it's 100% going to Clemson or bama. I wouldn't bet anyone else to win. Not even UW at 60:1.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

UW to make the playoff at 12:1 is fair. I really like those odds this year. We do play USC but Clay Helton. 12-1 should make playoff.

For the national championship, it's 100% going to Clemson or bama. I wouldn't bet anyone else to win. Not even UW at 60:1.

Thats the conventional wisdom. We will see.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

ntxduck said:

You sound poor
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

If Pete can’t beat USC at home he should be fired. I’m only half joking. It shouldn’t even be a tough game.
    I am not joking. @FirePete if he loses to USC
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Longshot bets are for stupid losers. Roll Fuckin Tide.

I take it you will be rooting for your DAWGS against the Duck this year. TYFYS
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clat Helton is a Pac-12 champion.