Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For your consideration

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I would say put the recruiting board behind the paywall. Win win. More money for the site and keep the random parent peak from being easily accessible.

It's already there in the wam. I think the free recruiting site is fine. Just needs to be cleaned up. I have said this many times over the years. It would be better if the free recruiting board was clean. The main husky board is fine, but clean anything about recruits off that as well.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I don't think the tug is the issue, its when the tug comes to this board

There was a lot of stuff that made people uncomfortable when the Savell shit broke and the whole OKG drama and Pete is a racist

At the tug you know what you're getting. I don't think people liked it here

Speaking for me I didn't freak out at that whole thing because its good to clear the air

I can respect honest opinions of guys like @NorwegianHusky and @LaMichael_Corleone and agree with some and disagree with others.

This board should have more mutual respect but it has to be done by the posters not by a heavy hand IMO

People are generally uncomfortable talking about race and even more so in our super heated country today. They need to toughen up

I agree that the Tug's probably not the problem, but it's also not adding any value. There's really no point to having a subsection of this site that is devoted to far right politics, especially when so many of the resident idiots there don't even post in the football forums.
    There are some far left idiots there too, though not as many. Also APAG.

Moderates in short supply.
    Except moderates like me are painted as far left. Fuck off if you think otherwise.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

So its been established that this site negatively affects recruiting.

Easy question. Is everyone on here a bigger fan of the huskies or a bigger fan of being a self proclaimed degenerate saying bad words on the internet?

If its the former then why not just trim the rough edges and carry on? If the latter then why not start a degenerate site separate from uw fandom that doesnt hinder the program?

I'm a newby to the site so I wont push my opinion but I do find the actual football discussion insightful and entertaining more then the aids...

It’s been established that this bored among other boreds hurts recruiting.

A cleaner more sanitized version would still hurt recruiting.

And I don’t believe the “hurt” is very significant. It may be a minor barrier the staff has to overcome when we’re recruiting kids that are considering schools that don’t have a strong message bored presence but at this point those schools are either a. Far less significant than a UW offer and kids aren’t taking their offers over ours anyway b. Stanford.

Who was the last kid we really pursued that picked Stanford?

It’s a non issue.

Having psychos like Ruth directly contacting kids and tweeting nonsense is a much bigger problem but our staff is even overcoming that just fine.
    I wonder how much Ruth actually hurts with recruiting. I know she's bat shit crazy at times and can be an embarrassment for UW and other fans think she's nuts but I don't know how much the recruits think the same thing.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BDTW looks like a cheerleader site. Doog version of FishDuck.

I don't think this site nor theirs hurts anything as bad as fucking Ruth and Fetters making our fan base and media look fucking embarrassing on Twitter.

I like them a lot however they're hypocritical as has been mentioned here and don't tell me how to be a fan/alum.

I spent 4 years at UW smoking drinking and hanging out with liberal arts metal heads. That's not their cup of tea UW fan but it's a 50k student body and the Turnover Salmon stuff is painfully embarrassing.
  • Options
    On racism. I don't think anyone here is actually racist (except Bob, but he's only in the tug). But the way a lot of comments are, with inside jokes, sarcasm, etc. It appears racist to those casually reading the forums. I think that should be cleaned off the free boards.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,209
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW
    2001400ex said:

On racism. I don't think anyone here is actually racist (except Bob, but he's only in the tug). But the way a lot of comments are, with inside jokes, sarcasm, etc. It appears racist to those casually reading the forums. I think that should be cleaned off the free boards.

Fuck off