Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MANU

HarbaughKhakisHarbaughKhakis Member Posts: 104
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited August 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Would this fucker even start at Eastern Washington? Wtf is this shit? Peterman is playing this guy so he sets the standard that if you ride the pine all 4 years and don’t transfer he will reward you even if you suck ass because he trusts that you know what you’re doing? Disgraceful! Manu will single handily cost us multiple TD’s this season fml! Only solace I have is knowing I said the same thing about bbk last year and he ended up leading the country in tackles and getting drafted

Comments

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm pretty sure I heard the same shit about BBK this time last year.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes companies promote a fucktard so that the people with actual ability get fired up to beat him/her out. Doesn't happen at fast food joints or thrift stores tho.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Sometimes companies promote a fucktard so that the people with actual ability get fired up to beat him/her out. Doesn't happen at fast food joints or thrift stores tho.

I never ascended at Taco Bell and now I know why.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

I am thankful to say I've never worked anywhere that screwed up.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm more curious than anything to see how he does. I've seen way too many try hard success stories under Pete to write him off yet.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

If you had any part in cancelling “Chilitos,” consider your ass served.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,860
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

Obligatory:

Pac12 teams as TB menu items

Arizona - Meximelt: Small, cheesy, and completely irrelevant.
    Arizona State - Chili Cheese Burrito: Like a Meximelt but bigger, sexier, and more likely to give you a disease.
    Cal - Seven layer burrito: Colorful and healthy, this item sounds good in theory but nobody actually enjoys it. Also TOO HIGH on the menu.
    Colorado - Grilled stuft burrito: Good once every 20 years or so.
    Oregon - Mountain dew: Really popular among young people with no jobs, originally green and yellow, now comes in far too many varieties for even it's most diehard fans. Popularity may have peaked.
    Oregon State - Sierra Mist: Wishes it was a Mountain Dew.
    USC - Crunchy taco supreme: The flagship product, when it's at its best there's nothing better this restaurant has to offer. Likely to break before the meal starts though.
    UCLA - Soft taco supreme. Like USC only way softer.
    Stanford - Power menu bowl: Tasty, healthy takes pride in its strength, but a little too Asian. Always a winner, never a champion.
    Utah - Mexican pizza. Good item, doesn't really belong here.
    Washington - Bean burrito. Probably your safest bet when you're not in the mood for a taco.
    Washington State - Breakfast soft taco. Why do you even exist?
    So we’re the least exciting but will still cause the runs... give me three of those please, make it a combo.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Fucking spot on. Except UW is a double decker taco. It takes the leftovers and broken bits from the crunchy taco supreme and wraps them in a soft OKG tortilla.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    Has anybody ever heard anything from anyone about Manu being good or at least improved? I haven't read a single practice report that ever mentioned Manu doing anything impressive. It's absolutely insane. It doesn't breed competition. It kills confidence. The ILB's behind him look at him and are like "do the coaches really think this guy is better than me?". It's the same bullshit with fucking Haener and Yankoff and Sirmon entering the transfer portal. They were both fucking insulted the coaches would play a midget turnover machine over them.

Football is not a fucking egalitarian sport. Less talented players do not deserve equal or in this case, MORE opportunities than more talented players. It is bad for the program in the short term and the long term. Not only will Manu be a liability if he's seriously the starter this season, but he also won't fucking be here next year. You have to get the younger guys developed as soon as possible for the future and that means playing them as much as possible in games now! This is bullshit. The less talented players should have to PROVE they are better than the more talented players. Not the other way around.

Go fuck yourself Bob Gregory. Jimmy Lake gets it. He puts the talent on the fucking field. Cam Williams is the best player at his position as a true Freshman with zero college experience and he'll be the starter. That's the way it's supposed to be at every position.

Theory: Bob Gregory doesn't want to start Jackson Sirmon because if Sirmon is the starter by the time the season is over, it will be easier to fire Bob's ass and hire Peter Sirmon. In that scenario, there wouldn't be any question among the other linebackers that Peter was favoring his son because his son would already be the starter before he got here. As long as Jackson is a backup, Bob's job is safe.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I woudl think the DC and head Coach have some input on who is starting at each spot on D. Do we just blame Gregory on this one?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    CaptainPJ said:

haie said:

If you had any part in cancelling “Chilitos,” consider your ass served.
    https://chilicheese.org/

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Applying Occam's razor, maybe he's just a fifth year player who's finally peaked and is just as good as the up-and-comers beneath him due to a refined understanding of the system and situational awareness, and tie goes to the player who's earned it over time?

I don't think that's the answer ANYBODY is looking for, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

I'll add to the fifth year player part, he might realize this is it for his football career and it's his last chance to #dosomething
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

This has nothing to do with Manu and everything to do with the coaches. It would be one thing if he was a JBesque tool who has an overinflated ego. I'm not sure the tone of the op captures the real issue here. Mostly sounds like an attack on someone who came here and is doing his best. It's not his fault he is a starter.

Redirect your ire to Gregory, Petersen, Cohen, Cauce.

Yeah you’re right about that. Sounds more like an attack on the kid. I meant this as an attack on the coaches but tone got away from me. I put this on coach Pete
  • Options

Applying Occam's razor, maybe he's just a fifth year player who's finally peaked and is just as good as the up-and-comers beneath him due to a refined understanding of the system and situational awareness, and tie goes to the player who's earned it over time?

I don't think that's the answer ANYBODY is looking for, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Yeah this pretty much has to be the only scenario. He’s equal with Sirmon and Tafisi so seniority wins out