Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

MANU

2»

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

This has nothing to do with Manu and everything to do with the coaches. It would be one thing if he was a JBesque tool who has an overinflated ego. I'm not sure the tone of the op captures the real issue here. Mostly sounds like an attack on someone who came here and is doing his best. It's not his fault he is a starter.

Redirect your ire to Gregory, Petersen, Cohen, Cauce.

This.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Applying Occam's razor, maybe he's just a fifth year player who's finally peaked and is just as good as the up-and-comers beneath him due to a refined understanding of the system and situational awareness, and tie goes to the player who's earned it over time?

I don't think that's the answer ANYBODY is looking for, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Yeah this pretty much has to be the only scenario. He’s equal with Sirmon and Tafisi so seniority wins out
    Normally under that scenario it would be tie goes to the person going to be in the program longer, so I would assume Manu is ahead enough to be the #1.

This is 100% on Pete for keeping Gregory on staff who for the first 3 years here could/did not recruit and know the bill has come due, same way it did last year with BBK and Tevis.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Has anybody ever heard anything from anyone about Manu being good or at least improved? I haven't read a single practice report that ever mentioned Manu doing anything impressive. It's absolutely insane. It doesn't breed competition. It kills confidence. The ILB's behind him look at him and are like "do the coaches really think this guy is better than me?". It's the same bullshit with fucking Haener and Yankoff and Sirmon entering the transfer portal. They were both fucking insulted the coaches would play a midget turnover machine over them.

Football is not a fucking egalitarian sport. Less talented players do not deserve equal or in this case, MORE opportunities than more talented players. It is bad for the program in the short term and the long term. Not only will Manu be a liability if he's seriously the starter this season, but he also won't fucking be here next year. You have to get the younger guys developed as soon as possible for the future and that means playing them as much as possible in games now! This is bullshit. The less talented players should have to PROVE they are better than the more talented players. Not the other way around.

Go fuck yourself Bob Gregory. Jimmy Lake gets it. He puts the talent on the fucking field. Cam Williams is the best player at his position as a true Freshman with zero college experience and he'll be the starter. That's the way it's supposed to be at every position.

Theory: Bob Gregory doesn't want to start Jackson Sirmon because if Sirmon is the starter by the time the season is over, it will be easier to fire Bob's ass and hire Peter Sirmon. In that scenario, there wouldn't be any question among the other linebackers that Peter was favoring his son because his son would already be the starter before he got here. As long as Jackson is a backup, Bob's job is safe.

Isn’t Peter Sirmon the DC at Cal? I doubt he’s going to UW and taking a step backwards.
    Yeah but still.