Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In-State Players Thread

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You know who else was a 2 star walk on with a leg brace and crippling arthritis from Cheney?

He was all pro status in his response to supplements.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,797
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    glad someone decided to do their job. I’ve been pleased with our social efforts of late. Is it to be assumed that adidas money is paying for it?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

glad someone decided to do their job. I’ve been pleased with our social efforts of late. Is it to be assumed that adidas money is paying for it?

I think it is growing paints with pete. He is getting it that everything matters.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kennedy RB Justin Baker committed to Cal. Says he's going to try to recruit DJ Rogers to join him.

Could Baker's commitment also make an additional impact on Cal's 2020 class?

"I’m getting my guy (four-star Washington tight-end recruit) D.J. Rogers," said Baker about recruiting more Washington talent. "After him, I will work some more magic."
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Has anyone good ever from from Cleveland?
    The high school? No. The city? Also no.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kennedy RB Justin Baker committed to Cal. Says he's going to try to recruit DJ Rogers to join him.

Could Baker's commitment also make an additional impact on Cal's 2020 class?

"I’m getting my guy (four-star Washington tight-end recruit) D.J. Rogers," said Baker about recruiting more Washington talent. "After him, I will work some more magic."

Rogers would have to have a lot of non-commitable offers for this one to materialize.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    The in-state talent coming up is fucking incredible.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The in-state talent coming up is fucking incredible.

I had a theory about this that was so good that I went home and had congratulatory sex with myself:

Football is drying up in the more populous west coast areas. It's not extinct yet, but the numbers are definitely down. And yet here's Washington having a bit of a high school football renaissance. The quality and sophistication of play has never been better (at least at the pointy end), and there have NEVER been this many in-state kids hovering near the top of the national TBS rankings. And it's not just the Ferndales and Prossers and Wenatchees; it's mostly the big city schools.

It's gotta be the Seahawks. The Seahawks made their first Super Bowl in 2006. Class of '20 would have been five years old. Enter the "Twelves" bandwagon era, with everyone within three states jumping on. They win a Super Bowl when these kids are 12 or 13. Go back again the next year. Every kid in this state grew up in a near-Texas level of stupid football worship, with giant 12 banners painted on building walls and flags flying all over the state. A guy I work with spent thousands of dollars on a custom Seahawks vinyl wrap that covers his entire truck and matching blue/green wheels. He's debating wrapping his tailgate fifth wheel to match. Football has been King Shit of Turd Mountain in this state since the 'Hawks got good, so Washington has largely bucked the west coast trend of sagging football enrollment, although there have been some program casualties in isolated pockets (I know Anacortes is a recent addition to the list).

Anyway, that's my theory.
    Makes total sense since the golden era of in state hoops recruiting was about the same length of Tim after the Kemp/Payton era.