Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Streaming, SlingTv, Recording, and other ass play

124»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

i run sling..

my sign in is: puppylovegoldenlocks69@hotmail.com
    password: pumpyalwaysright69

Knock yourself out gang!

I tried logging on but got this pop up

Fortunately it doesn't look like it's full-blown.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    Sling orange + blue + sports addon = every husky game (almost every game period) = $45/month, cancellable or pausible whenever
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,090
    Also. I have an antenna for local channels (abc, nbc, cbs, fox, etc) but that is like $35 once.
  • Options
    LostDoogRewardLostDoogReward Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Here's a link to get free TV with a firetv stick

https://youtu.be/m5a9iGUICwY

There are plenty of tutorials out there that cover the same topic. I use a VPN whenever I'm streaming just to cover my ass. HTH!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    MisterEm said:

You're an idiot if you’re paying $200 for tv in this day and age. Sorry but lighting money on fire isn’t my idea of a good time.

Saving $75 a month equates to 27k between now and when I retire...

Fubo TV is a new option but we’ve stuck with being slingers. I priced it out and it’d be a $5 difference and it wouldn’t include the add-one the kids and TOF want. Because why do house work when you can watch my 1000 lb fat ass life.

Fubo started as a soccer and sports channel and grew to a full on subscriber option.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

They make some dvr claims. Check it out.

The older I get the more I value my time over money.

Streaming or DLNA style options work fine for weekly HBO shows, movies, software, and the P12net.

The live sports shit with streaming is a joke comparing service to service.

Less time fucking with streams, channels, blackouts, more time watching CFB, and only the ones I want.....oh and the Twitter delay is atrocious.

I am not a wealthy man, but I'd still on the full Dish package. Mostly hang on to it for sports 6 months of the year. I got a Roku this past winter and it is teh teets.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Meek said:

Meek said:

Here's my setup:

DirecTV top package - I get fucking everything except stuff from China (read: Pac12 Networks) and can watch everything from my phone or my son's iPad (I hate those fucking things so only use it because your recorded stuff doesn't really translate to a browser login the way you'd think).
    Roku Ultra - apps and stuff.
    Sling Orange with Sports add-on - I can DVR the Pac12, but not ESPN, but since I have Directv I don't really care about that.

I pay a lot for TV.

This

DirecTV and ATT gets you everything but Pac 12 Football TV and frankly, I don't care. You get the satellite and the online. You can sign into the content provider if it isn't on watch live TV on the DTV website

Its old school with a new school twist

And they have an online library now
    yes and you can also watch games on the ESPN app and Watch ESPN app from your phone/ipad too.

Lots of good tv options out there...

if you're old, rich, and white.
    I'm not a pour but I really have zero use for DirectTv or another cable package outside of watching live sportsball. Can't really justify the additional cost for a full package especially for a full year for something that I'm only watching seasonally.

Fuck - people and their fucking TV. Just get Dish, pay $200 a month and you can watch anything, anywhere, anytime. All these fucking setups with different devices, apps, logins, fees. JFC.

I must be bipolar because I go back and forth between what @UW_Doog_Bot is saying and what @MikeDamone is saying. I haven’t turned on live TV since the NFL draft get I pay Spectrum $155/month for my bundle. Feels like I could be wiping my ass with that $ and it’s a better investment but at the same time, it’s there and ready if and when I need it.

Over the last 6 years, I’ve had DirecTV, Comcast, Dish, and now Spectrum.

Dish & DirecTV were both great. The cable companies were ok.

I like watching games on a 30-45 minute delay so I can skip commercials. Watching shit streaming isn’t as effective for doing that probably because I’m old (and white and rich too) and don’t understand these new dangled devices.

At the end of the fucking day, you’re paying either in money or time or frustration to watch the games you want to see.
    Most of us* are on the spectrum here
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Meek said:

Meek said:

Here's my setup:

DirecTV top package - I get fucking everything except stuff from China (read: Pac12 Networks) and can watch everything from my phone or my son's iPad (I hate those fucking things so only use it because your recorded stuff doesn't really translate to a browser login the way you'd think).
    Sling Orange with Sports add-on - I can DVR the Pac12, but not ESPN, but since I have Directv I don't really care about that.

I pay a lot for TV.

This

DirecTV and ATT gets you everything but Pac 12 Football TV and frankly, I don't care. You get the satellite and the online. You can sign into the content provider if it isn't on watch live TV on the DTV website

yes and you can also watch games on the ESPN app and Watch ESPN app from your phone/ipad too.

I'm not a pour but I really have zero use for DirectTv or another cable package outside of watching live sportsball. Can't really justify the additional cost for a full package especially for a full year for something that I'm only watching seasonally.

Fuck - people and their fucking TV. Just get Dish, pay $200 a month and you can watch anything, anywhere, anytime. All these fucking setups with different devices, apps, logins, fees. JFC.

I must be bipolar because I go back and forth between what @UW_Doog_Bot is saying and what @MikeDamone is saying. I haven’t turned on live TV since the NFL draft get I pay Spectrum $155/month for my bundle. Feels like I could be wiping my ass with that $ and it’s a better investment but at the same time, it’s there and ready if and when I need it.

I like watching games on a 30-45 minute delay so I can skip commercials. Watching shit streaming isn’t as effective for doing that probably because I’m old (and white and rich too) and don’t understand these new dangled devices.

At the end of the fucking day, you’re paying either in money or time or frustration to watch the games you want to see.
    Most of us* are on the spectrum here

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Maybe doog bot is a millennial
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe doog bot is a millennial

Borderline. I remember the Berlin wall coming down. My brother is a gen x techie though so we built our first computer when I was five.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Here's my setup:

I pay a lot for TV.

This

That's the thing, I just can't justify paying $2400 a year for what amounts to a "convenience fee" to watch 12 games. I could spend a similar amount on flying up for all the home games if they'd unfuck the schedule.

I've also been a cord cutter for a long Tim and lived overseas where I had to learn this shit just to be able to watch sports so my entry learning hassle costs are lower. Still, as I mentioned, I mostly gave up pirating streams bc while I could do it it was easier just to pay to watch.

Currently leaning towards sling/YouTube TV with a TV tuner. Biggest hangups are recording on sling (I watch a lot of games late after the kiddo is asleep) and pac12 not being on YouTube. Considering a DVR and server setup or Plex (which would also mean I could post all the games in the wam for my peeps) but that's a reasonable amount to get set up in time for the season.

I also guess for the three shitty games on pac12 I could just walk over to my pop's house or the bar if I'm not taking a stream from Gladdy.

Post Script,
    Kids and wife be damned. They already watch too much TV.
    dude, go spend 8 minutes at any Costco and you can get the wife and the kid each their own 42" flat screen to watch in their own rooms for about $200 a pop. Then, the main living room TV becomes your man cave. The second thing you do is you buy a universal remote (I recommend the Harmony 950 Elite) because you can set it up to be way too fucking complicated for your wife and thus she'll start avoiding it...plus you pre-download shit like Downton Abbey on her tv so she gets hooked and used to it...I guarantee in a few days you'll have to proactively go search them out if you want to see them and they'll all stop bothering you in your tv zone.
    Solid advice but I at least own the TV for football. It's the only Tim a year I give a shit and I pay for 95% of everything. Gotta stand your ground somewhere.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Here's my setup:

I pay a lot for TV.

This

That's the thing, I just can't justify paying $2400 a year for what amounts to a "convenience fee" to watch 12 games. I could spend a similar amount on flying up for all the home games if they'd unfuck the schedule.

I've also been a cord cutter for a long Tim and lived overseas where I had to learn this shit just to be able to watch sports so my entry learning hassle costs are lower. Still, as I mentioned, I mostly gave up pirating streams bc while I could do it it was easier just to pay to watch.

Currently leaning towards sling/YouTube TV with a TV tuner. Biggest hangups are recording on sling (I watch a lot of games late after the kiddo is asleep) and pac12 not being on YouTube. Considering a DVR and server setup or Plex (which would also mean I could post all the games in the wam for my peeps) but that's a reasonable amount to get set up in time for the season.

I also guess for the three shitty games on pac12 I could just walk over to my pop's house or the bar if I'm not taking a stream from Gladdy.

Post Script,
    dude, go spend 8 minutes at any Costco and you can get the wife and the kid each their own 42" flat screen to watch in their own rooms for about $200 a pop. Then, the main living room TV becomes your man cave. The second thing you do is you buy a universal remote (I recommend the Harmony 950 Elite) because you can set it up to be way too fucking complicated for your wife and thus she'll start avoiding it...plus you pre-download shit like Downton Abbey on her tv so she gets hooked and used to it...I guarantee in a few days you'll have to proactively go search them out if you want to see them and they'll all stop bothering you in your tv zone.
    Or just don’t have kids and retire at age 50.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Meek said:

Here's my setup:

I pay a lot for TV.

This

Post Script,
    Or just don’t have kids and retire at age 50.
    Wiser words have never been spoken.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

MisterEm said:

You're an idiot if you’re paying $200 for tv in this day and age. Sorry but lighting money on fire isn’t my idea of a good time.

Saving $75 a month equates to 27k between now and when I retire...

Fubo TV is a new option but we’ve stuck with being slingers. I priced it out and it’d be a $5 difference and it wouldn’t include the add-one the kids and TOF want. Because why do house work when you can watch my 1000 lb fat ass life.

Fubo started as a soccer and sports channel and grew to a full on subscriber option.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

They make some dvr claims. Check it out.

The older I get the more I value my time over money.

Streaming or DLNA style options work fine for weekly HBO shows, movies, software, and the P12net.

The live sports shit with streaming is a joke comparing service to service.

Less time fucking with streams, channels, blackouts, more time watching CFB, and only the ones I want.....oh and the Twitter delay is atrocious.

YouTubeTV beats cable/satellite any day. The delay sucks but the picture quality, unlimited DVR, and cost makes it worth it.
    I will have to 100% disagree with you. It may be relative, but it is not functionally better. Picture quality is a wash - more games in 4K on both platforms.

This is not a baseless opinion. We paid for both last year. I wanted to believe....

We've got 3 LCD TVs mounted in the basement for football. Wireless genie is seamless every week. YouTubeTV requires manual entries every week. Also, they include ADs when you're out of home network. Lame...

And then the fucking delay for live games... that was the kiss of death. It's fine for P12streams, but not for big boy CFB.

When they fix the delay there is hope. Until then the new DirecTV boxes (2019 builds) with wireless genies run circles around YoutubeTV with the same video quality and no 15 second live delay...
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,090
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I ahev Comcast and their 140 channel package and decent 105mbps intertnet. The thing you need is an Amazon Fire Cube. I was told mine was jailbroken, but i am unsure. I downloaded an app called wifi TV or Jetstream Live TV. I paid the $180 for it and I get 6800+/- channels! I get everything. I get 58 channels from Pakistan. I get the two Brazzers channels. I get a channel that has Dawson's Creek on a loop 24/7. I get PPV. I get Back to the Future movies on a 24/7 loop. i get all the P5 networks. i get all the major affilates of the big networks. the only downside I can DVR any of it