Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Art of Breaking the Deal

124»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

Feel that love for an “honest discussion”

You've shown you don't merit an honest discussion. See, even your repeated attempts to insult me by harping on my stay-at-home status tells me that you have some deep insecurities about your own masculinity. I don't, so I'm not insulted by them. I get a lot of jokes about it here and elsewhere, but from you it seems genuine, which makes it cringeworthy

and sad
    You stay at home?

GAF

Cucks gonna cuck
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

You've shown you don't merit an honest discussion. See, even your repeated attempts to insult me by harping on my stay-at-home status tells me that you have some deep insecurities about your own masculinity. I don't, so I'm not insulted by them. I get a lot of jokes about it here and elsewhere, but from you it seems genuine, which makes it cringeworthy

and sad
    You stay at home?

GAF

Cucks gonna cuck
    His husband is out there working hard! He keeps the home fires burning.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

They weren't violating the Treaty when they first signed it with Reagan. They are violating it now and have been in violation for many, many years. Obama ignored it, just like he ignored Russian hacking. There isn't much point in signing off on a treaty when only one side is living up to the restrictions set-forth in the treaty. Good to see you run interference for Putin. Btw, what happened to your lie that your complaint isn't about this one particular treaty? That bullshit sure didn't last long because now you are talking about this one particular treaty.

Obama didn't ignore it.

INF was important when it was signed, more for feel-good reasons than actual strategic reasons, but it was good to be talking and GRIT-ing with the Sovs. Back then they had conventional superiority in Europe, now NATO does. Back then the Chinese (and Indians and Pakis etc.) didn't have IRBM or GLCM capabilities; now they do. SLCMs and ALCMs were never part of the INF Treaty, so of course both they and we developed and deployed such systems (parties to arms treaties just about always want to rein in their opponents and leave themselves a free hand to get around the restrictions - see Washington Naval Teaty of 1922 and both SALT I and II). Plus, with the US' withdrawal from the ABM Treaty and subsequent developments in defensive systems, the Russians understandably want every option to overwhelm a defensive system; these treaties worked together, so when one goes, the others are more likely to unravel.

INF restrictions just don't mean nearly as much now as it used to, and like CFE, probably needed to go or at least be renegotiated.
    Yes, yes. Obama didn't ignore the fact that the Russians were in violation of the Treaty he just didn't do anything in response to those violations. But he didn't "ignore" it.
    State had many discussions with the Russians about their violation of INF. Of course we could have sanctioned the Russians over their violation, but the Obama Administration decided to prioritize making sure that the more important and timely New START wasn't threatened. You can disagree with their decisions; that's fair game. But saying that they ignored it is just HondoFS. The view is better when you take off your partisan blinders
    Great, he paid attention to it and did nothing. Uuuuuh, they had "discussions." How brave.
    Would you have risked torpedoing New START because the Russians were violating a 30-year-old treaty that both sides were already circumventing? Sometimes in diplomacy yohave to weigh the relative importance of shit and choose what you think is the least shitty option when there are no good options
    Spoken just like Neville Chamberlain.

I think many have had enough of liberal "diplomacy". From open mic night with BO and Putin, to the Iranian nuclear deal, Kyoto which held China, Russian and India to zero standards, ignoring trillions of dollars of intellectual theft by the Chinese, Trumps take is refreshing.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If you are in support of any Muslim theocracies, ur a fag.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

and sad
    Is that the pet name you’ve decided to get your emasculated parasite status? “Stay at home” status?

You ever think just maybe me giving you shit about you sponging of your wife for the last 15 years has nothing to do with my “masculinity” issues and everything do with yours?

If you think living off your wife when you’re perfectly capable of supporting yourself is a “manly” way to live knock yourself out Kunt, but I’ll guarantee you that your father in law doesn’t feel the same way and it has nothing to do with his “masculinity” issues.