Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The pulse of the board regarding running backs

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

What a gay, useless non content thread.

Disagree.

His track record at two schools is stellar.

Reading this forum youd think he is fucking terrible.

If the TBSers are gonna dish it out, they are gonna take some shit from time to time
    Dude why are so fucking stupid??
    We are not questioning his ability to coach, we are questioning his ability to get his top targets
    Man he really has sucked getting Cam Davis, Sunday, and Adams!!! Especially after getting 5 star production for 4 years from a local 3 star kid!!!

Fucking idiot. You guys cant see the forest for the trees
    Dude those kids would have come to UW if you were the RB coach.
    Even if this were true, which it is not, who cares? He gets them and has a proven track record developing players.
    That is not the point of shitting on KB. He is more than a competent coach, the gripe with most TBSers with him he should be able to get better prospect.
    He has gotten four 4 stars in the last four recruiting cycles, plus 3 solid 3 stars.

Do I wish he was getting 5 stars? Sure, but he isnt doing a bad job and you cant wash it away by saying "well yeah but they are WA guys and coming here anyways". Just take a look at our misses on in state OL the past decade
    Since huff took over, I don’t think he had any misses in state. This is by product of winning and huff connecting to kids. With KB we getting most of the kids due to winning, if he could relate to kids he would getting kids lie bijon
    This is horse shit. When was the last time we got any out of state 5 star? Why do you praise Huff for closing in state OL and shit on Keith and say it's a formality guys like Ahmed and Adams will come here? He also pulled Davis and McGrew out of Cali.

It's hypocritical nonsense.
    I guess someone has to spread the aids for the short period SAC has his meds dialed in
    Great argument buddy! I hadnt considered that before.

Go back to fucking dawgman
    Do you honestly think that KPs recruiting is up to par with the type of program we(?) have?

Sam adams was a great get, but if he had been raised anywhere further than within an hour drive, there isn't a chance he would have committed by now, and probably not at all
    You don't know this. It's literally impossible to know. You are speculating.
    In case you are new here. This whole board is based on speculation
    There is always inherent unknown with recruiting. But Im giving metrics on why KB doesnt suck (player production, averaging a 4 star every year) and so far you guys have:

- in state 4 star RBs will come here no matter what. simply not true, nothing in recruiting is certain, like you said.
    - KB should be expected to be the first on our staff to relate well enough to an out of state 5 star. This is fucking ridiculous, some years dont even have a 5 star RB in the west. Lake, Huff, Malloe, have not done this and they take 4 or 5 players a class, not two max.

you guys get really caught up in the meme circle jerks on here, im trying to challenge the narrative. If RBs suck this year with a veteran OL I'll be the first to call out KB.
    For discussions' sake, is there any positional coach that you AREN'T ok with the performance of? Nobody is saying that he is a poor coach, we're saying that he is one of the weaker pieces of the puzzle
    Hamdan sucks. So does Gregory for special teams. Not sure what Hayward does. Kwat needs to recruit better. The line needs to take the next step under Huff (I think they will).
    Holy ISAFNRC dude!
    Uh, what?
    We haven't have a coach named Heyward in years. I assume you mean Harris.

All those DB coaches look alike.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    GOAT said:

Why are you propping up a average coach for no reason?

We have actual real life examples of coaches recruiting at elite levels now, there are no more excuses, just doing the minimum is not enough anymore.

We need to win a national championship, not protect the feelings of a coach who can’t even sniff a visit from Kendal Milton and Bijan Robinson after we had Myles Gaskin for four years and have been to three straight NY6 bowls.

None of our coaches are getting serious traction with California or Arizona 5 stars. Are you fucking high? Jesus christ Gaskin was our most consistent football player for 4 years. You guys are so insulated in your circle jerk here its hysterical.
    KB did nothing to develop Gaskin you dumb fuck. He was a baller day one.
    Oh but Jimmy Lake is a savant? How can some coaches develop players but others can't? I guess players only get developed when they fit your narrative. If Gaskin was such a generational talent why was he a mid tier 3 star with no other big blue blood offers?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

If the TBSers are gonna dish it out, they are gonna take some shit from time to time
    We are not questioning his ability to coach, we are questioning his ability to get his top targets
    Man he really has sucked getting Cam Davis, Sunday, and Adams!!! Especially after getting 5 star production for 4 years from a local 3 star kid!!!

Even if this were true, which it is not, who cares? He gets them and has a proven track record developing players.
    That is not the point of shitting on KB. He is more than a competent coach, the gripe with most TBSers with him he should be able to get better prospect.
    He has gotten four 4 stars in the last four recruiting cycles, plus 3 solid 3 stars.

Do I wish he was getting 5 stars? Sure, but he isnt doing a bad job and you cant wash it away by saying "well yeah but they are WA guys and coming here anyways". Just take a look at our misses on in state OL the past decade
    Since huff took over, I don’t think he had any misses in state. This is by product of winning and huff connecting to kids. With KB we getting most of the kids due to winning, if he could relate to kids he would getting kids lie bijon
    This is horse shit. When was the last time we got any out of state 5 star? Why do you praise Huff for closing in state OL and shit on Keith and say it's a formality guys like Ahmed and Adams will come here? He also pulled Davis and McGrew out of Cali.

I guess someone has to spread the aids for the short period SAC has his meds dialed in

Do you honestly think that KPs recruiting is up to par with the type of program we(?) have?

Sam adams was a great get, but if he had been raised anywhere further than within an hour drive, there isn't a chance he would have committed by now, and probably not at all
    There is always inherent unknown with recruiting. But Im giving metrics on why KB doesnt suck (player production, averaging a 4 star every year) and so far you guys have:

- in state 4 star RBs will come here no matter what. simply not true, nothing in recruiting is certain, like you said.
    - KB should be expected to be the first on our staff to relate well enough to an out of state 5 star. This is fucking ridiculous, some years dont even have a 5 star RB in the west. Lake, Huff, Malloe, have not done this and they take 4 or 5 players a class, not two max.

you guys get really caught up in the meme circle jerks on here, im trying to challenge the narrative. If RBs suck this year with a veteran OL I'll be the first to call out KB.
    For discussions' sake, is there any positional coach that you AREN'T ok with the performance of? Nobody is saying that he is a poor coach, we're saying that he is one of the weaker pieces of the puzzle
    Hamdan sucks. So does Gregory for special teams. Not sure what Hayward does. Kwat needs to recruit better. The line needs to take the next step under Huff (I think they will).
    Holy ISAFNRC dude!
    Uh, what?

This kinda proves my point. Why is Harris on staff? DBs were amazing with Lake and Lake is still heavily involved in their development. Why didnt we use the staff slot to get a guy to recruit buck, and have Kwat be given the title of "defensive mastermind and sidekick to Lake". Makes no fucking sense. Have a GA help Lake out with DB drills.
  • Options

GOAT said:

We have actual real life examples of coaches recruiting at elite levels now, there are no more excuses, just doing the minimum is not enough anymore.

We need to win a national championship, not protect the feelings of a coach who can’t even sniff a visit from Kendal Milton and Bijan Robinson after we had Myles Gaskin for four years and have been to three straight NY6 bowls.

None of our coaches are getting serious traction with California or Arizona 5 stars. Are you fucking high? Jesus christ Gaskin was our most consistent football player for 4 years. You guys are so insulated in your circle jerk here its hysterical.
    Oh but Jimmy Lake is a savant? How can some coaches develop players but others can't? I guess players only get developed when they fit your narrative. If Gaskin was such a generational talent why was he a mid tier 3 star with no other big blue blood offers?
    Because Gaskin was essentially as good from the beginning of his freshman year as he was his senior year.

There was no development track.

Gaskin is like SMFJ - a win for evaluation but not for development.

Lake has shown development with plenty of guys though. Unlike KB.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

Holy ISAFNRC dude!
    Uh, what?

This kinda proves my point. Why is Harris on staff? DBs were amazing with Lake and Lake is still heavily involved in their development. Why didnt we use the staff slot to get a guy to recruit buck, and have Kwat be given the title of "defensive mastermind and sidekick to Lake". Makes no fucking sense. Have a GA help Lake out with DB drills.
    Literally everyone here agrees with this.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

GOAT said:

Because Gaskin was essentially as good from the beginning of his freshman year as he was his senior year.

Gaskin was much better as an upperclassmen. He was outmanned against Bama and was a man vs PSU and OSU and almost carried our inept offense to come from behind miracle overtimes. Give me a fucking break. Every RB on our roster has improved. Washingron improved, Coleman developed amazingly well, Gaskin's backups have looked legit, Boise State had good RBs.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

GOAT said:

I don’t give a shit about stars. Dom Hampton is my favorite recruit ever. Lake puts guys into the league every year. KB got lucky with Gaskin.

Who has he developed besides Gaskin?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    GOAT said:

GOAT said:

I don’t give a shit about stars. Dom Hampton is my favorite recruit ever. Lake puts guys into the league every year. KB got lucky with Gaskin.

Who has he developed besides Gaskin?
    Wow. You guys are embarassing with your lack of football knowledge. Just embarassing.

Doug Martin, Jay Ajayi, DJ Harper, Dwayne Washington, Lavon Coleman. Three NFL players and a couple guys who bounced around camps.

Coleman was known as cement shoes because he was so slow initially, then became a complete beast as an upperclassmen.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

FUCKING THIS.

This is the dumbest fucking beat my chest thread started in awhile and you built your argument on a foundation of bullshit.

This is ballz level bravado man.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FUCKING THIS.

This is the dumbest fucking beat my chest thread started in awhile and you built your argument on a foundation of bullshit.

No one, including you, is making any points to refute what Im saying. Just repeating the same old tired bullshit.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

GOAT said:

Gaskin was much better as an upperclassmen. He was outmanned against Bama and was a man vs PSU and OSU and almost carried our inept offense to come from behind miracle overtimes. Give me a fucking break. Every RB on our roster has improved. Washingron improved, Coleman developed amazingly well, Gaskin's backups have looked legit, Boise State had good RBs.
    I fall somewhere in the middle on this argument. LIPO.

There is a lot of bitching about Boner, but the last 4 years we've enjoyed the best back in program history. Gaskin definitely got better his last two years, especially with respect to his pass blocking and catching passes out of the backfield. Lavon Coleman got way better too. He has to get some credit for that. His recruiting is mediocre, but he gets a bit of credit for being able to identify underrated talents. I feel like we are right on the edge of having elite talent at the position, and the recent trend ('19 and '20) is positive.

That said, I think we are all nervous about our depth (I think the RB and ILB positions define our season) and who steps up post Gaskin. I will tolerate a medicore recruiter so long the play on the field is elite.

All that said, he hasn't built up any goodwill such that if the group doesn't produce this year he warrants being kept around. Paopao is the same, but we all know the TEs are gonna kill it on the field this year. I think Gregory is actually most at risk given our speshul teams play.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FUCKING THIS.

No one, including you, is making any points to refute what Im saying. Just repeating the same old tired bullshit.
    There’s been plenty of valid points made on both sides.

It’s impossible to have an argument or even civil debate with someone who thinks they are always right.

High quality aids my man. Magic would be proud.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FUCKING THIS.

There’s been plenty of valid points made on both sides.

It’s impossible to have an argument or even civil debate with someone who thinks they are always right.

High quality aids my man. Magic would be proud.
    Me saying im always right is a meme. And you guys always gloss over how good the BSU RBs were, and Colemans development. Gaskin did not arrive as the #1 recruit in the nation that needed no development, STFU
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you have a good bartender do they make a better drink with the top shelf shit or the house shit?

KB does not have a “stable”. He has unproven backs at this point regardless of how long MMFG was here. He was a steady and reliable force.

Mcgrew, dick, cam and even akmhad are unproven. Salvon was still running right with the ball still in his left hand LY.

Imagine if charbonet or Jones came here. Pledger? Weddington (don’t recall the position he was recruited at). Point being, he’s missed. Smaller numbers based on position make it stand out more as he has less margin for error.

I’m willing to LIPO with this year to see if gaskin covered his warts. Next year you have to think Adams pushes for work if our “stable” is what I believe it is. Further masking the warts?

You can do more with more. Maybe more wins gets us more, putting akmahad in the league gets us more but right now I don’t think kB can recruit at the level a number of us believe he needs to be recruiting at.

That’s all I got. I’m sure you’re still right.
  • Options

dnc said:

GOAT said:

Alabama's defense was like 10 times better than Penn State and tOSU's, tf are you talking about.

Also we actually gave him carries in the latter two games.
  • Options
    This is the big example of KB's excellent ability to develop someone over four years.

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

This is the big example of KB's excellent ability to develop someone over four years.

8 out of 9 years he has had a 1,000 yard back. He has sent 4 of his 5 starting RBs to the league including Gaskin. Martin, Ajayi, Washington are all still on rosters I believe.

If you watched the games, you would see what @woof saw. He got way better at pass blocking and catching, and flat out ran tougher as time progressed. Gaskin was also beat up last year.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

8 out of 9 years he has had a 1,000 yard back. He has sent 4 of his 5 starting RBs to the league including Gaskin. Martin, Ajayi, Washington are all still on rosters I believe.

If you watched the games, you would see what @woof saw. He got way better at pass blocking and catching, and flat out ran tougher as time progressed. Gaskin was also beat up last year.
    Lol at Washington
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

Lol at Washington
    Its surprising and weird tbh but it is what it is. He is definitely an athlete