Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ticket sales must be way down

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheDozerTheDozer Member Posts: 100
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Gwad said:

My problem is an 8 year old and a 7 year old who just have to play soccer on football Saturdays.

Tell them sometimes you do things for yourself to become a better person and it shouldn't matter if you're there or not.
    I promised them we're going to a game this year. Their season doesn't start until the second week for the Huskies, so we're definitely going to Eastern. Cal is a 12:00 Shanghai time game, so I'll probably be at that. My dad is a huge USC homer, so we go every time they're in town, and we've already planned to fly him in, so that's a go. I'm sure both Oregon and Utah are going to kickoff sometime between the beginning of Saturday Night Live and last call at the bar, so I should be able to make those as well (I'm the rare fan who LOVES the late kickoffs, as it all but guarantees that I can go).

So I'll be at a few games. I thought about season tickets for the first time this year, but there's always just too much uncertainty with my schedule to do it. And who wants to pay full price for bullshit non-con anyway?
    Not so sure about Oregon being a late game. It’s homecoming, so it’s ripe for a prime 1pm on Fox.
    From my understanding, for homecoming UW gets to kickoff whenever they want. Last few years have been 12:30 (UCLA, Colorado)
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,835
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This 6-day window bullshit needs to stop. Larry gave way too much power away to the networks. Is it a football game or a TV show? I went to the 8pm Arizona game on Halloween a few years ago and it was the smallest crowd I’ve ever seen at Husky Stadium. Had to be only half full, if that.

I’d definitely buy season tickets if I lived in Seattle and the late start times wouldn’t be as much of a bother. Trying to make plans to fly up can be a pain when you don’t have a gametime. (Yeah I know, #FirstWorldProblems)

So yeah, it’s all Larry’s fault.

It’s this way with ALL networks. ESPN and ABC and all of these agreements are about the cash grab from TV money.

I agree #firelarryscott but big business is really to blame. Well, that and Larry Scott sucks ballz so EVERY conference out there with a marque matchup will have it scheduled during the early and late games so pac-12 top games will be prime matchups typically.

So yes, full circle, #firelarryscott.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know of 6 people who didn't renew. Reasons provided were start times, and unable to get a beer/drink.

Code for: Can’t afford it.

Uhhhh, I only hang with rich old white people! Mostly so I can use their places in Chelan, and weasel my way into their wills.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I know of 6 people who didn't renew. Reasons provided were start times, and unable to get a beer/drink.

Code for: Can’t afford it.

Uhhhh, I only hang with rich old white people! Mostly so I can use their places in Chelan, and weasel my way into their wills.
    Lol @ Chelan
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

This 6-day window bullshit needs to stop. Larry gave way too much power away to the networks. Is it a football game or a TV show? I went to the 8pm Arizona game on Halloween a few years ago and it was the smallest crowd I’ve ever seen at Husky Stadium. Had to be only half full, if that.

I’d definitely buy season tickets if I lived in Seattle and the late start times wouldn’t be as much of a bother. Trying to make plans to fly up can be a pain when you don’t have a gametime. (Yeah I know, #FirstWorldProblems)

Once again this is not a Larry Scott problem. Everyone with a brain knows he is worthless. It's a problem with the Executive committee of the Pac 12 which recommends his continued employment to the rest of the Presidents. The Presidents of Oregon State, UCLA and Arizona State is where the blame lies. People need to start looking at these things as top down issues.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whuggy said:

Once again this is not a Larry Scott problem. Everyone with a brain knows he is worthless. It's a problem with the Executive committee of the Pac 12 which recommends his continued employment to the rest of the Presidents. The Presidents of Oregon State, UCLA and Arizona State is where the blame lies. People need to start looking at these things as top down issues.
    It's flat out embarrassing.
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2019
    whuggy said:

——————————

Of course. It’s just fun to blame Larry for everything.

The conference went for a quick money grab and gave the networks too much power. It was naive of them to think that ESPN and Fox would give the PAC-12 prime spots vs the SEC and the BIG10- especially given the PAC-12 Networks situation
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

——————————

Of course. It’s just fun to blame Larry for everything.

The conference went for a quick money grab and gave the networks too much power. It was naive of them to think that ESPN and Fox would give the PAC-12 prime spots vs the SEC and the BIG10- especially given the PAC-12 Networks situation

I think most people actually think it's a Larry Scott problem. Business 101. If you have a crappy employee short term it's an employee problem. If you have a crappy employee long term it's a management problem. The PAC 12 Presidents are simply put crappy management.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

They can’t go five hours without a drink?

Huh
    FIFY.

And no, fuck no.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TommySQC said:

HuskyJW said:

If it’s too expensive. Fine I get it

Family? Sure It's 6 fucking Saturdays out of the year. Do you give a fuck or not?

Too much time out of the day? I get that also See above.

But to say you aren’t attending a college football game because you can’t buy $10 beers is ridiculous and a lie. What are you going to have 4? beers at the game? $40 fucking dollars in one of the most affluent areas in the world? Kiss my ass. See above.

I’ve been drinking in the stands for 20 years. 100%

This is why the SEC rules. West Coast people don't care enough about football. That's fine but stop fucking crying about being second class.

Live on the west coast or have a good football program and live in Alabama. One of those things is winning.

Is what fans of loser ass west coast football say.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

My problem is an 8 year old and a 7 year old who just have to play soccer on football Saturdays.

Don’t go to the soccer games. They will never remember if you were there or not. Start going when they are in high school sports which are rarely on fall Saturdays
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, I try to time my trips up to Seattle to see family with Husky games but this shit makes it immensely more difficult to pull off. At least my family up there are all alumni so if I fuck off from a family event to go to the game they are all supportive of it.