Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Kim and Sark Hypothetical

2»

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So Roaddoog has always been one of your favorite poasters?

Tell us more. . .
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Don't forget "Sark has his own recruiting board, it's not all about stars. I trust his evaluation."

Peterman has his own recruiting bored, it's not about stars but Kim doesn't trust his evaluation and wants to make sure everybody knows that
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Petersen has put more guys in the NFL in the past five years than Sark. I kinda think that sort of board will continue to do well for him.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You guys are forgetting that Sark is the best play caller in America.

Please see the following proof of Sark's killer mentality with future NFLers too:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_OXUB7s98

Coach Peterson on the other hand, clearly has no playcalling acumen as evidenced by this lame duck attempt with Future insurance salesmen:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-5wjbc-UbHQ

• Options
    You noticed in those plays not one straight hand off to Polk who is a bruiser. It was either pass, toss sweeps to Polk or lame dick QB sneaks.
  • Options
    Yes, but you forget the Huskies had jet lag.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Global said:

Petersen has put more guys in the NFL in the past five years than Sark. I kinda think that sort of board will continue to do well for him.

Most of the guys Sark takes NFL credit for were recruited by Ty.

• Options

Global said:

OK, so earlier you were saying that Sark is a better coach that Petersen because he recruited more stars at USC this year, even though every USC coach always has more stars than his UW counterpart.

Now you are saying Willingham is a better recruiter than Sark? Or what? Because Sark is certain not known for his player development.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The best class at UW in the last 10 years was recruited by TY
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Global said:

Meh, he was only at UW for 5 years, so it's natural that most of his NFL guys at this point would have come from the previous regime.

Not a Sark fan, but this particular fact isn't an indictment.

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I could be wrong, but I think Kim's asking for screen shots to be taken today

I thought you were the real Tequila? You have not been acting like the Tequila I have come to know. Or maybe he has 2 opposite personalities, one that loves Kim and one that doesn't.

• Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Global said:

Yes, but you forget the Huskies had jet lag.

and they are young
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Just to give us something to discuss, I dug up the Scout rankings nationally for the UW since 2002. I used Scout, since for some odd reason Rivals did not show UW for 2014. There are some differences, but I used Scout for this exercise just because it had complete info.

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=9&c=14&yr=2014.

You can check yourself. I list he results below, and show the head coach in place for each recruiting class.

UW Recruiting Scout

2014 35 Petersen
    2013 13
    2012 23
    2011 22
    2010 11
    2009 66 Sark
    2008 14
    2007 29
    2006 35
    2005 55 Willingham
    2004 22 Gilby
    2003 18
    2002 23 Neuheisel
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Global said:

Doogles said:

Just to give us something to discuss, I dug up the Scout rankings nationally for the UW since 2002. I used Scout, since for some odd reason Rivals did not show UW for 2014. There are some differences, but I used Scout for this exercise just because it had complete info.

You can check yourself. I list he results below, and show the head coach in place for each recruiting class.

UW Recruiting Scout

2014 35 Petersen
    2013 13
    2012 23
    2011 22
    2010 11
    2009 66 Sark
    2008 14
    2007 29
    2006 35
    2005 55 Willingham
    2004 22 Gilby
    2003 18
    2002 23 Neuheisel
    Its interesting to go back and look at that 2010 class (Sark's opus). The 4 star guys who made that class so highly ranked were Hatchie, Porter, Kohler, Shirley, Montana, Potoae, Cooper, Chris Young, Sean Parker, and Kevin Smith.

Of all those, Sean Parker is the only one who I would say had a great career at UW. Smith had one outstanding year and would be a huge weapon next year if Sark would have used one of the multiple redshirt opportunities that Smith had.

In that entire class (of 31 players) only Kikaha, Tanigawa, Timu, and Riva have been pleasant surprises.

Here are some other names from that group:
    Darius Waters
    Zach Fogerson
    Brent Williams
    Taz Stevenson
    Victor Burnett
    Cooper Pulleur
    Lawrence Lagafuaina

The rest are guys like Hartvigson and Jamaal Kearse who had a few days in the sun early on but then got passed up

Do yeah, our best class in the last 12 years was actually pretty shitty
  • Options
    Given the ranking at the time and what materialized I'd give the nod to 2008 as the best class. That class produced Kearse, Polk, Kelemete, Ta'amu, as well as Justin Glenn and even though he was kind of a bust Middleton was pretty decent for two years.

I look forward to Petersen having more rounded classes as he'll coach up his kids. So you won't have like 1/3 of a class give you absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Global said:

Doogles said:

UW Recruiting Scout

2014 35 Petersen
    2013 13
    2012 23
    2011 22
    2010 11
    2009 66 Sark
    2008 14
    2007 29
    2006 35
    2005 55 Willingham
    2004 22 Gilby
    2003 18
    2002 23 Neuheisel
    Even though his Ranking was 3 spots higher than the 2008 class, the 2008 class produced at a much higher clip and has seen several members move on to successful nfl careers thus far.
  • Options
    Anyways can't believe we all took this long to point out but this thread is stupid.

As we all know Sark doesn't deal with hypotheticals.