Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best games in UW history

124»

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2003 season gets no respect around here apparently. Best Husky season ever. There is a top 5 all time just from that season. Dawgman predicts 12-0. Everyone is thinking THIS is the year we are BACK.

1. Best game of the best season: EASILY. Losing to Nevada. That is the #1 Husky game of all time.

2. Most underrated UW game of my life... Indiana 2003. I watched it in a Chili's in Meriden, CT. A week after getting prison raped by tOSU.

In those days there was no way to get a game without going to a bar. I called like 30 places. Chili's was the only one that had the package. I ate like 7,500 calories worth of shitty Chili's apps and watched a team that looked like they were dead inside.

3. Getting destroyed by Cal 54-7. That was a gem.

4. Oddly killing the Ducks with an injured Cody Pickett out, which ushered in the Doog "PLAY PAUS NOW" (even though we ran it all game) movement.

5. Of course, 10-2 WSU losing to us in the Apple Cup.

What a year.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    1990 USC
    1985 Orange Bowl
    1991 Nebraska
    1999 Stanfraud
    2000 Miami (that team had like 20 future NFL players)
    2016 whOregon
    1986 Ohio State (curb stomped a 10-3 team 40-7)
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2003 season gets no respect around here apparently. Best Husky season ever. There is a top 5 all time just from that season. Dawgman predicts 12-0. Everyone is thinking THIS is the year we are BACK.

1. Best game of the best season: EASILY. Losing to Nevada. That is the #1 Husky game of all time.

2. Most underrated UW game of my life... Indiana 2003. I watched it in a Chili's in Meriden, CT. A week after getting prison raped by tOSU.

In those days there was no way to get a game without going to a bar. I called like 30 places. Chili's was the only one that had the package. I ate like 7,500 calories worth of shitty Chili's apps and watched a team that looked like they were dead inside.

3. Getting destroyed by Cal 54-7. That was a gem.

4. Oddly killing the Ducks with an injured Cody Pickett out, which ushered in the Doog "PLAY PAUS NOW" (even though we ran it all game) movement.

5. Of course, 10-2 WSU losing to us in the Apple Cup.

What a year.

This season also might have been the genesis of “beat Oregon nothing else matters”
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sources said:

Shoutout to Georgia State, 2014. Dawgs roared back after going down 2 TDs at half. Comebacks against Sun Belt East teams are always special.

If you mean by 4 TD's being 2 than sure.gif.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Sources said:

Shoutout to Georgia State, 2014. Dawgs roared back after going down 2 TDs at half. Comebacks against Sun Belt East teams are always special.

Memorable if only for the loud chorus of boooos when halftime started lol.
    Gladstone said:

Sources said:

Memorable if only for the loud chorus of boooos when halftime started lol.
    I never boo the kids
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Sources said:

If you mean by 4 TD's being 2 than sure.gif.
    Are you suggesting the Dwags were down by 4 TDs at half? Final score of that game was 45 - 14, so maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Eastern Washington @ Washington
    Sept 3, 2011

Wow, what a game this was. Record-setting quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell vs the greatest QB of the Sark era, Keith Price. Washington kept trying to pull away, but Eastern would always bounce back.

Near the end of the third quarter, things were looking good. Washington was up by 14 points and had forced Eastern into a seemingly impossible 3rd and 26. But somehow Eastern was able to convert against Nick Holt's highly-feared defense by throwing a 43 yard touchdown pass, making it a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter.

Up by 3 points with only 1:25 left in the game, Eastern started their final possession at the 5 yard line. Washington's defense was fierce, but Eastern's offense fought valiantly for every yard they could get and managed to move the ball 70 yards on 4 plays that only ate 8 seconds off the clock.

Then came the greatest play in the history of Washington football. Facing 2nd and 10 with 1:17 left in the game, Bo Levi Mitchell drops back and throws the football right to Desmond Trufant in the endzone, which was exactly how the Washington coaches drew it up.

We all cheered and celebrated like crazy. It was year 3 of the Sark era, and we knew we had finally found a coach that could bring us back from being 0-12 and the worst team in the country to a team that was good enough to slip past a formidable FCS team that would go on to tear up the Big Sky Conference and finish 6-5.

Found the @ApostleofGrief alt
    A classic!!

Also Ballard Meteors win

2000 Cal, Miami, Arizona, Stanford, Orgon state
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    I remember the Nevada game. Was a rainy, shitty day and heading out of the bar after the game I thought we had hit rock bottom.

I didn’t realize at the time just how low we could get.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

-Jim Walden's call on the Corey Williams TD

Epic. $20 Svenbucks to anyone who finds it
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    digits said:

digits said:

2000 @ Stanford. Tragic, but an epic game. RIP Curtis Williams.

I've never understood the sympathy and deifying of that guy. He was a piece of shit human.
    Fuck off. It was an epic game, a player was paralyzed for Christ's sake, he died two years later. If you can't be sympathetic to that, regardless of what type of person he was, than what does that say about you? Shit human comes to mind.
    Late to the party here, but if anyone deserved what he got it was him. Total piece of crap. Lick my taint, fag.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,951
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Perhaps obscure, but so much fun.

1970 Michigan State

Wtf? We’re throwing the ball all over the place.

1971 Purdue

Back and forth, but finally Sonny prevailed. I think Tom Scott caught the winner.

1979 @Oregon

Mark Lee wasn’t supposed to return that punt.

1984 Oregon

We have 107 yards of offense but break Duck hearts with defense and special teams.