Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best games in UW history

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Probably doesn't count because you've seen it but the 2016 Stanford game will be a part of UW lore forever. First time UW was BACK in 15 years.

I didn't think husky stadium would ever truly roar again until that night. already legendary.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Eastern Washington @ Washington
    Sept 3, 2011

Wow, what a game this was. Record-setting quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell vs the greatest QB of the Sark era, Keith Price. Washington kept trying to pull away, but Eastern would always bounce back.

Near the end of the third quarter, things were looking good. Washington was up by 14 points and had forced Eastern into a seemingly impossible 3rd and 26. But somehow Eastern was able to convert against Nick Holt's highly-feared defense by throwing a 43 yard touchdown pass, making it a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter.

Up by 3 points with only 1:25 left in the game, Eastern started their final possession at the 5 yard line. Washington's defense was fierce, but Eastern's offense fought valiantly for every yard they could get and managed to move the ball 70 yards on 4 plays that only ate 8 seconds off the clock.

Then came the greatest play in the history of Washington football. Facing 2nd and 10 with 1:17 left in the game, Bo Levi Mitchell drops back and throws the football right to Desmond Trufant in the endzone, which was exactly how the Washington coaches drew it up.

We all cheered and celebrated like crazy. It was year 3 of the Sark era, and we knew we had finally found a coach that could bring us back from being 0-12 and the worst team in the country to a team that was good enough to slip past a formidable FCS team that would go on to tear up the Big Sky Conference and finish 6-5.

I'm sitting at the rehearsal dinner reading this because nobody here talks to me or seems to like me and I cannot stop laughing reading this shit. TYFYS making my miserable life not so miserable right now.
    Way too sober @Swaye, what kind of redman are you?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Eastern Washington @ Washington
    Sept 3, 2011

Wow, what a game this was. Record-setting quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell vs the greatest QB of the Sark era, Keith Price. Washington kept trying to pull away, but Eastern would always bounce back.

Near the end of the third quarter, things were looking good. Washington was up by 14 points and had forced Eastern into a seemingly impossible 3rd and 26. But somehow Eastern was able to convert against Nick Holt's highly-feared defense by throwing a 43 yard touchdown pass, making it a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter.

Up by 3 points with only 1:25 left in the game, Eastern started their final possession at the 5 yard line. Washington's defense was fierce, but Eastern's offense fought valiantly for every yard they could get and managed to move the ball 70 yards on 4 plays that only ate 8 seconds off the clock.

Then came the greatest play in the history of Washington football. Facing 2nd and 10 with 1:17 left in the game, Bo Levi Mitchell drops back and throws the football right to Desmond Trufant in the endzone, which was exactly how the Washington coaches drew it up.

We all cheered and celebrated like crazy. It was year 3 of the Sark era, and we knew we had finally found a coach that could bring us back from being 0-12 and the worst team in the country to a team that was good enough to slip past a formidable FCS team that would go on to tear up the Big Sky Conference and finish 6-5.

I'm sitting at the rehearsal dinner reading this because nobody here talks to me or seems to like me and I cannot stop laughing reading this shit. TYFYS making my miserable life not so miserable right now.
    Way too sober @Swaye, what kind of redman are you?
    I had a few drinks during. My spirit is dead.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    1976 vs. Indiana
    1985 vs. Oregon State
    1996 vs. Notre Dame
    2001 vs. Miami
    2003 vs. Nevada
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    digits said:

2000 @ Stanford. Tragic, but an epic game. RIP Curtis Williams.

I've never understood the sympathy and deifying of that guy. He was a piece of shit human.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    All of you are full of shit. UW football did not start till 2016. dawgs vs. tree
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

FirePete said:

All of you are full of shit. UW football did not start till 2016. dawgs vs. tree

just shut the fuck up for a few weeks.
    Keep posting in the wam buddy
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,455
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This dude is a fucking hardcore husky legend.

I'm assuming it's 7-21/7-14 at that point and he's got straight whisky in that mug, wearing that shirt.

Jesus Christ the farm for UW is like that farm from Sin City.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    00 Miami, 92 Nebraska, Whammy

Simple fact
    Case closed
    End of discussion
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    CaptainPJ said:

00 Miami, 92 Nebraska, Whammy

Simple fact
    Case closed
    End of discussion

Wasn't there some dipshit poster who didn't have either Miami game in the top 10?