Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Full steam ahead mateys!

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://foxnews.com/politics/dems-launch-impeachment-investigation-with-bid-for-grand-jury-info-insist-mueller-delivered

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee said Friday they are proceeding with what they called an “impeachment investigation,” as they insisted former Special Counsel Robert Mueller delivered damning testimony against President Trump in this week's hearing despite concerns from many on the left that his appearance was faltering and broke little new ground.

As a major next step, Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., announced that the committee would file a petition in court on Friday to obtain grand jury materials from the former special counsel’s investigation.

Nadler called the grand jury materials “critically important” for their investigation. In the petition, Democrats on the committee noted that because Justice Department policies do not allow the prosecution of a sitting president, the House of Representatives is “the only institution of the federal government” that can hold Trump accountable.

“The House must have access to all evidence,” Nadler said. “We are exercising our constitutional authority. We are continuing the investigation of President Trump’s malfeasances, and we will do and consider what we have to consider including whether we should recommend Articles of Impeachment to the House. We may, we may not. It remains to be seen.”

Nadler also said the committee would seek to enforce subpoenas for former White House Counsel Don McGahn, in another escalation of their anti-Trump probes.

But while Nadler and other senior Democratic leaders made clear they're keeping impeachment on the table -- without committing to it publicly -- colleagues who spoke alongside him at the same press conference described these investigative steps as a clear precursor to a formal decision on recommending impeachment articles.

“We are crossing the threshold,” Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, said. “When you think about the mode we were operating under before, it was an oversight. This is now crossing the threshold with this filing, and officially entering into an examination into whether or not to recommend articles of impeachment—I just want to make that point clear.”

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., added that the petition marks “the first time” that the committee is sending a “telegraph to the court that one of the remedies we have is impeachment.”

“This is an impeachment investigation, on whether we should introduce articles of impeachment to Congress,” he said.

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    Beat me to it!

This is their 2020 election strategy. Many in their base are stupid and naive enough to believe that 2 years of totally unfettered investigation and spying by our intelligence services couldn't come up with anything and that the house commies will!

Hondo Bros. are all on board the Crazy Train!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

https://foxnews.com/politics/dems-launch-impeachment-investigation-with-bid-for-grand-jury-info-insist-mueller-delivered

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee said Friday they are proceeding with what they called an “impeachment investigation,” as they insisted former Special Counsel Robert Mueller delivered damning testimony against President Trump in this week's hearing despite concerns from many on the left that his appearance was faltering and broke little new ground.

As a major next step, Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., announced that the committee would file a petition in court on Friday to obtain grand jury materials from the former special counsel’s investigation.

Nadler called the grand jury materials “critically important” for their investigation. In the petition, Democrats on the committee noted that because Justice Department policies do not allow the prosecution of a sitting president, the House of Representatives is “the only institution of the federal government” that can hold Trump accountable.

“The House must have access to all evidence,” Nadler said. “We are exercising our constitutional authority. We are continuing the investigation of President Trump’s malfeasances, and we will do and consider what we have to consider including whether we should recommend Articles of Impeachment to the House. We may, we may not. It remains to be seen.”

Nadler also said the committee would seek to enforce subpoenas for former White House Counsel Don McGahn, in another escalation of their anti-Trump probes.

But while Nadler and other senior Democratic leaders made clear they're keeping impeachment on the table -- without committing to it publicly -- colleagues who spoke alongside him at the same press conference described these investigative steps as a clear precursor to a formal decision on recommending impeachment articles.

“We are crossing the threshold,” Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, said. “When you think about the mode we were operating under before, it was an oversight. This is now crossing the threshold with this filing, and officially entering into an examination into whether or not to recommend articles of impeachment—I just want to make that point clear.”

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., added that the petition marks “the first time” that the committee is sending a “telegraph to the court that one of the remedies we have is impeachment.”

“This is an impeachment investigation, on whether we should introduce articles of impeachment to Congress,” he said.

EWIWBI
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But who said anything about impeachment?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

It’s like they wanted Trump re-elected more than Sled

Democrats are the best thing that ever happened to Trump.
    Disagree

• Options

dnc said:

It’s like they wanted Trump re-elected more than Sled

Democrats are the best thing that ever happened to Trump.
    Disagree

Nah Trump's the best thing that ever happened to them. They'd be nothing outside maybe AOC if Trump didn't GAF about them.

But the entirety of the DNC dreckfest is Trump's raison d'être. He's not president if not for Dems gonna Dem.

Now he's going to be continue as president thanks to them.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Trumps campaign just ought to pay Nadler for this.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Trumps campaign just ought to pay Nadler for this.

I'm hearing they already did.

Collusion?
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They probably need to open the inquiry so they can try and get their hands on the counterintel info. Pretty clear reading the Mueller report and watching his testimony that he punted anything relating to the ongoing counterintel investigation to the FBI.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

They probably need to open the inquiry so they can try and get their hands on the counterintel info. Pretty clear reading the Mueller report and watching his testimony that he punted anything relating to the ongoing counterintel investigation to the FBI.

Pretty clear you love to pull claims straight out of your ass an grasping at the same straws you were last month.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    Nadler is using Mueller statement to Lieu as his reasonong. Seems he missed Meller correcting what he had said to Lieu at the end of the testimony:

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller told the House Intelligence Committee, after testimony before the Judiciary Committee earlier Wednesday. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the president because of the OLC opinion.’ That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nadler-repeats-faulty-claim-corrected-by-mueller-about-why-trump-was-not-indicted

Not being to find evidence to indict is exoneration in my book. Dem's have a different justice standard for everyone but themselves.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Nadler is using Mueller statement to Lieu as his reasonong. Seems he missed Meller correcting what he had said to Lieu at the end of the testimony:

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller told the House Intelligence Committee, after testimony before the Judiciary Committee earlier Wednesday. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the president because of the OLC opinion.’ That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nadler-repeats-faulty-claim-corrected-by-mueller-about-why-trump-was-not-indicted

Not being to find evidence to indict is exoneration in my book. Dem's have a different justice standard for everyone but themselves.

He didn't miss Mueller walk back, he is ignoring it. He knows most of the Rats are either too stupid to notice or they are like him and Schiff and believing lying in order to advance your cause is okay.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam