Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

So Rome Unduze.... do we think we get him?

Not if he reads this read and gets infected with UW Bothelitis
    Lol losers always resort to passive aggressive insults. You done yet? You want to keep provoking me? Hmm?
    I mean I enjoy watching the retard dance so probably not.
    Because you have nothing better to do...
    Tough but fair
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Flagged for saying Michael Thomas is the best WR in the NFL when Julio, Hopkins, and AB exist.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Flagged for saying Michael Thomas is the best WR in the NFL when Julio, Hopkins, and AB exist.

I mean he’s in the discussion. I’d take him over AB and maybe over Julio at this point.

Hop is my dude though.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was more of a dig on Ballz completely disregarding him. By some metrics MT is clear cut the best, but i'd say he's comfortably top 5, which is good enough to make the point.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

That was more of a dig on Ballz completely disregarding him. By some metrics MT is clear cut the best, but i'd say he's comfortably top 5, which is good enough to make the point.
    Top 5 for sure. Will likely be the highest or second highest paid WR before the NFL season starts.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

dawgs206 said:

AlCzervik said:

Reminds me of Perris Campbell from Ohio Stats, love this guy.

Parris Campbell was 5’11 7/8 at the combine. Rome Odunze is 6’3.
    True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.

True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.
    @ballz do you have an opinion on this matter?
    All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
    No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    Would you please shut the fuck up.
    No I'll keep fucking going. People want to start some dumb shit, I'll finish it.
    https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/2019-nfl-draft-news-and-notes/

"A pair of Buckeye wide receivers – Parris Campbell (second round to Indianapolis) and Terry McLaurin (third round to Washington) went off the board early on Friday. Their selections give Ohio State 19 wide receivers drafted since 2000, the most of any school."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23316209/college-programs-most-nfl-draft-picks-last-10-years
    -Cliff notes - Tied for most WR's taken the past 10 years (article from 4/26/18 - they have had two more since then).

It is good to admit you are wrong sometimes. Try it.
    @StrongArmCobra it's game over bro. You lost, it's ok.

We all love Washington and believe that Adams can and will develop NFL WRs and the program has a lot to offer Rome.

But Jesus christ saying tOSU can't develop WR when they have done it better than any other school in the country is a pretty shitty hill to die on.
    We're talking about their current coaching staff. Urban Meyer to now. Count up all the 4 and 5 star WR's they've recruiting in that time span and see how many got drafted. If it's just the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits, that is elite recruiting but mediocre to average development. If you can't do that accurately then you can't prove me wrong. I guarantee it won't be higher than the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits. I don't have to put in the work to prove myself. This is not an argument I started. This is the board seeing an opportunity to "prove ballz wrong" and jumping on it. But none of you have proven me wrong yet.
    Meyer's recruiting at tOSU

3 star Michael Thomas (2nd rd, current best WR in the NFL).
    He didn't recruit any 4/5 stars that cycle

5 star Jalin Marshall (UDFA to Jets, now in CFL)
    4 star James Clark (grad transfer to Virginia Tech)
    4 star JUCO Corey Smith (injured/recently arrested)

4 star Curtis Samuel (2nd round pick)
    4 star Johnnie Dixon (UDFA to Texans)
    4 star Parris Campbell (2nd round pick)
    4 star Noah Brown (7th round, early entry with 2 years eligibility)
    4 star Terry McLaurin (3rd round)

4 star KJ Hill (Still in School, almost left early, highly likely to be drafted 2020)
    4 star Alex Stump (transferred to Vanderbilt, still in school)

2016 and beyond they are all still in school

That's 4/7 draft eligible 4/5 stars from high school and 0/1 JC 4 stars.
    Michael Thomas adds a +1 from the 3 star rank.

If you combine the high school kids with JC that is 50% drafted from this staff, well above national average.
    If you look at only high school kids that is 57%, even higher above national average.\
    If you add Michael Thomas, it's 62.5% drafted. (55.5% if you include JC)

To conclude, if you are a 4/5 WR in high school you are conservatively no worse than a coin flip to get DRAFTED into the NFL if you go to tOSU under the current regime. That is most likely top 5 in the country.

If you ever have the ballz to show up to a HH tailgate, bring some knee pads and apologize @StrongArmCobra

Yeah nothing about that is impressive. Three 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder out of 12 guys that doesn't even include all of his 3-star WR recruits. Any coach in the country could have had the same draft results with that recruiting. That not above average development. I rest my case.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

dawgs206 said:

AlCzervik said:

All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
    No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    No I'll keep fucking going. People want to start some dumb shit, I'll finish it.

"A pair of Buckeye wide receivers – Parris Campbell (second round to Indianapolis) and Terry McLaurin (third round to Washington) went off the board early on Friday. Their selections give Ohio State 19 wide receivers drafted since 2000, the most of any school."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23316209/college-programs-most-nfl-draft-picks-last-10-years
    -Cliff notes - Tied for most WR's taken the past 10 years (article from 4/26/18 - they have had two more since then).

We all love Washington and believe that Adams can and will develop NFL WRs and the program has a lot to offer Rome.

But Jesus christ saying tOSU can't develop WR when they have done it better than any other school in the country is a pretty shitty hill to die on.
    We're talking about their current coaching staff. Urban Meyer to now. Count up all the 4 and 5 star WR's they've recruiting in that time span and see how many got drafted. If it's just the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits, that is elite recruiting but mediocre to average development. If you can't do that accurately then you can't prove me wrong. I guarantee it won't be higher than the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits. I don't have to put in the work to prove myself. This is not an argument I started. This is the board seeing an opportunity to "prove ballz wrong" and jumping on it. But none of you have proven me wrong yet.

4 star KJ Hill (Still in School, almost left early, highly likely to be drafted 2020)

If you combine the high school kids with JC that is 50% drafted from this staff, well above national average.
    If you look at only high school kids that is 57%, even higher above national average.\

To conclude, if you are a 4/5 WR in high school you are conservatively no worse than a coin flip to get DRAFTED into the NFL if you go to tOSU under the current regime. That is most likely top 5 in the country.

If you ever have the ballz to show up to a HH tailgate, bring some knee pads and apologize @StrongArmCobra

Yeah nothing about that is impressive. Three 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder out of 12 guys that doesn't even include all of his 3-star WR recruits. Any coach in the country could have had the same draft results with that recruiting. That not above average development. I rest my case.
    The fuck you talking about? That’s 9 guys total. Everyone else is in school. 5/9 bitch. Read it.
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

dawgs206 said:

AlCzervik said:

The fuck you talking about? That’s 9 guys total. Everyone else is in school. 5/9 bitch. Read it.
    I did and I count 12 plus the 3-stars makes it 14-15. It's not impressive. It's just passing NFL guys through that were always gonna be NFL guys no matter where they went.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

AlCzervik said:

AlCzervik said:

Finish what? Stupid fuck.
    Doogles said:

If you add 3 stars it's 2 players from the 2012 class that both transferred out.

Any players from the 2015 class and beyond are still in school so they don't count you fucking idiot.

That's 11 eligible receivers total recruited from every star level. 5 were drafted.

If you are a wr recruit of any star level and go to tOSU you have a 45% chance at being drafted. That's an absurd ratio and it includes two scrubs from a transition class that transferred out.

You're toast bitch.

One of the 2015 4-star receivers already transferred. That gets added to the data set. One of those draft picks was a 7th round pick who has a total of 9 receptions so far in his career and likely won't be in the league much longer. It's 13 draft eligible WR's (14 minus the one that stayed in school from the 2015 class) with only four draft picks and one being a 7th rounder. That's 30% of their WR's being drafted and 23% if you remove the 7th rounder. That's not good given the level they've recruited at over those years at the position. It's over. You lose.
  • DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    Long after we’re all gone from this earth, aliens will discover this thread and proclaim this to be the most aids infested message board thread in the history of the internet
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    “I don't have to put in the work to prove myself.”

Come on dude. You know none of us would ever expect anything like that from you.

Just got off the phone with my contact at Bishop Gorman. He said Rome has dropped UW from consideration after reading this thread

And is now going to Ohio State.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes