Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

War & Clint (Round 1) - #3 Full Metal Jacket vs #6 Saving Private Ryan

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,259
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

War & Clint (Round 1) - #3 Full Metal Jacket vs #6 Saving Private Ryan 38 votes

#3 Full Metal Jacket
68%
section8RaceBannonSwayeRoadDawg55Dennis_DeYoungYouKnowItGladstonedncchuckdfleaBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinCougzzspudenIPukeOregonGrellowminion_doogDoog_de_JourBearsWiinNEsnake12purplesweats 26 votes
#6 Saving Private Ryan
31%
BennyBeaverPurpleBazeMad_Sonalumni94Tequillabiak1DooglesGreenRiverGatorzBeerThirtyUSMChawkJoeEDangerouslyDoogCourics 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    FMJ is just so fucking good from the first moment to the last. Strong, strong contender...
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

Watched Private Ryan on July 4th for the first time in a long time. Did not hold up well

The last 45 minutes with the coward getting his unit killed was painful to watch.

Mellish trying to talk the German out of the slow, gentle insertion of the knife, through his heart is one of the most difficult scenes to watch that I can remember.

It probably took the 5th watching to recognize Sam Malone and maybe 10 for Paul Giamatti.
    Couldn't agree more. That's one of the most horrific movie death scenes I've ever seen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    Is Saving Private Ryan kind of overrated or is it just me? Even the hype about how graphic it was didn't seem justified. Maybe I'm just jaded.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    dnc said:

Is Saving Private Ryan kind of overrated or is it just me? Even the hype about how graphic it was didn't seem justified. Maybe I'm just jaded.

Watched Private Ryan on July 4th for the first time in a long time. Did not hold up well

The last 45 minutes with the coward getting his unit killed was painful to watch.

Not just you
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you
    I still appreciate it. But I prefer Band of Brothers.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    Bobby Axelrod was a hell of a soldier
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you
    People forget that the best WW2 movie was an HBO mini series.
    I had a thread a while ago on it: if you haven’t watched Generation Kill on HBO your missing out. Super rewatchable, and the dialogue is HCH AF.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you
    I had a thread a while ago on it: if you haven’t watched Generation Kill on HBO your missing out. Super rewatchable, and the dialogue is HCH AF.
    When I first started lurking here I thought, “this place is like Generation Kill...but focusing on Husky football instead of invading Iraq.”
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you
    When I first started lurking here I thought, “this place is like Generation Kill...but focusing on Husky football instead of invading Iraq.
    J is half Ray, half Trombley

And on behalf of @PurpleBaze , hurtful
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you
    When I first started lurking here I thought, “this place is like Generation Kill...but focusing on Husky football instead of invading Iraq.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen it, but now I want to rewatch and match every Generation Kill character to a poaster.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

dnc said:

Not just you

It’s been so long since I’ve seen it, but now I want to rewatch and match the Generation Kill character to a poaster.
    Watching right now
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

Bobby Axelrod was a hell of a soldier

As a Billions super fan, I salute you.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    How is Iron Eagle not in this bracket?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    SPR is for losers.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #6 Saving Private Ryan

SPR is for losers.

FMJ is for fags.

just kidding, but I like SPR better
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #6 Saving Private Ryan
    This one was a toss up. I was going to vote for FMJ but fat fingered the selection. Tough first round match up, should have been a semifinal, at a minimum.