Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I find them to be inoffensive and think they will age fine. The colors are right. Those are really the biggest concerns I had since the fan gear will follow the path started by the football uniforms. I also don't want to have to buy a new uni every year like the Oregon-Nike bs. If you're getting insanely worked up over these I would recommend a long walk for some perspective.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Clemson wears purple and fucking orange! Their unis are shit and they have no problems winning.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Clemson wears purple and fucking orange! Their unis are shit and they have no problems winning.

But they have pant stripes!!1!11!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Clemson has a... wait for it... BRAND.

Lol - Clemson’s uniforms are some of the best in CFB.
  • Options
    Founders Club

If you think purple and orange is a nice color combo your eyes are as good as @GrandpaSankey's.
  • Options

If you think purple and orange is a nice color combo your eyes are as good as @GrandpaSankey's.
    Only a fucking complete moron would start with this line of reasoning. Sorry “ @BleachedAnusDawg “ maybe I’m going to get a second opinion before we trust your judgment on taste.
  • Options

TheDozer said:

Inside scoop from my buddy on the team. Just what I’m seeing. Don’t twist.

Make shoulder stripes double white on purple, and double purple on white. Make purple numbers larger on the whites (no gold border). Make W on Purple lids chrome gold. Make W on hip slightly larger. Add alt. gold pants with traditional pant stripes. Make gold on pants more gold to match lid and you've basically nailed it. I can live with these but they don't make me want to hump the mattress.
    Any 15 year old kid could’ve made these on NCAA 12 in 3 minutes.

They are fine. Sark > Ty UOTY.
  • Options
    Founders Club

TheDozer said:

Make shoulder stripes double white on purple, and double purple on white. Make purple numbers larger on the whites (no gold border). Make W on Purple lids chrome gold. Make W on hip slightly larger. Add alt. gold pants with traditional pant stripes. Make gold on pants more gold to match lid and you've basically nailed it. I can live with these but they don't make me want to hump the mattress.
    Those are some pretty minor suggestions. White shoulder stripes being maybe the most significant. "Make W on hip slightly larger" is comical. That's a criticism? The only issue I have is that the numbers on the white unis are too thin of a font, and putting a gold W on the purple helmet (which probably will be used once a year). Other than that, if these are the biggest complaints that people have we're talking about stuff that's personal preference, not wholesale fuckups like the Nike abortions were.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheDozer said:

Those are some pretty minor suggestions. White shoulder stripes being maybe the most significant. "Make W on hip slightly larger" is comical. That's a criticism? The only issue I have is that the numbers on the white unis are too thin of a font, and putting a gold W on the purple helmet (which probably will be used once a year). Other than that, if these are the biggest complaints that people have we're talking about stuff that's personal preference, not wholesale fuckups like the Nike abortions were.
    They are minor, I agree, but the devil's in the details. Slightly larger W on the hip is not a criticism, it's a suggestion. These are way better than the joke Nike played on us, I agree. They are an 8 for me and not a 10. I can live with an 8 but I want a 10.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    The W on the chest needs to be larger than the shitty P12 logo or the Adidas patch.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Eight more days, can't wait to see what these look like!!
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'll bite. What is Clemson's brand? All In? I'm asking sincerely, not as a Doog dickhead. I'm genuinely curious, cause I really like Clemson's colors (why don't they wear purple more instead of those shitty white pants?) but I'm not sure what their brand is other than WR U.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    seem a little tight in the crotch area.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think I am the only asshole who likes that gold. Hard to tell with the lighting though. Will probably end up looking like shit on game days because we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

That color scheme has grown on me due to following the Frankfurt Galaxy as a kid because of Mario Bailey.

https://youtu.be/X0mc7tzMwOw