Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WOOF!111!!!!!1111 (Triston Brown) (Punter) (Committed)

1235»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Didn’t know he had three to play three, I like that better. Still nervous about that crap average though. Hopefully the new form is legit.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Didn’t know he had three to play three, I like that better. Still nervous about that crap average though. Hopefully the new form is legit.

That average number could be very misleading maybe his teams D was pretty good caused him to purposefully shorten them.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    Left hand is too Sieg Heil for my liking. Doesn’t help our cause with today’s black athlete
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Nurple said:

dnc said:

That average number could be very misleading maybe his teams D was pretty good caused him to purposefully shorten them.
    Wait, why would he punt a shorter distance because his team has a good defense? What seems more likely to me is that Chris Sailer is full of shit and his job is to make money providing dubious benefit to kids willing to shell out money, then he pimps the kids by making bullshit exaggerated claims so coaches are tricked into giving them scholarships, which lets Sailer continue the cycle.

If he's so consistent and routinely hits 'em 45+ yards and with great hangtime, why is his average so low?

I mean, what the fuck are we doing here? I admire and trust Pete, but I can't help but feel that while I wait for him to pull a rabbit out of the hat and kick ass on the trail, we've already got three commits so far that I wouldn't call "wasted," but I would say they are likely just roster filler, and now we've offered a guy who was mulling over an offer from fucking Dartmouth.

Where is fucking Ringo? Ricks? Flowe? Smalls? Bijan? Botelho? All guys we *should* have either had a good chance or the *best* chance at getting, and we're not even making top fives.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RealRhino said:

Nurple said:

dnc said:

Wait, why would he punt a shorter distance because his team has a good defense? What seems more likely to me is that Chris Sailer is full of shit and his job is to make money providing dubious benefit to kids willing to shell out money, then he pimps the kids by making bullshit exaggerated claims so coaches are tricked into giving them scholarships, which lets Sailer continue the cycle.

If he's so consistent and routinely hits 'em 45+ yards and with great hangtime, why is his average so low?

I mean, what the fuck are we doing here? I admire and trust Pete, but I can't help but feel that while I wait for him to pull a rabbit out of the hat and kick ass on the trail, we've already got three commits so far that I wouldn't call "wasted," but I would say they are likely just roster filler, and now we've offered a guy who was mulling over an offer from fucking Dartmouth.

Where is fucking Ringo? Ricks? Flowe? Smalls? Bijan? Botelho? All guys we *should* have either had a good chance or the *best* chance at getting, and we're not even making top fives.
    sounds like you and Ruth have different definitions of epic is all.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Brown sat out the 2019 football season in order to save a year of eligibility, so he's just been working out and getting his academics in order to enroll in January.

"Yep, I will be there right after the first of the year," Brown told Dawgman.com when asked about his arrival date. "I'm excited. I've missed playing, but it's allowed me to get my academic stuff taken care of and make sure that I am all ready to go."

"That's one of the things that really stood out to me, all of the players and coaches like being around each other and spending time together.

"They have a real family feel up there and I'm looking forward to being part of that once I get there."

Chris Sailer, the leading kicking coach in the nation, considers Brown to be a big time prospect.

"Triston is a big time junior college punting prospect. He is a talented athlete with an explosive leg. He hits a consistent ball and easily averages 45+ yards with 4.5+ hang time. He also shows that he can hit a big time D1 ball of 50+ with 5.0+ hang time. Triston has great footwork and shows that he can directional punt at a high level. A competitor that thrives under pressure. He has shown steady improvement each time we have seen him. He has all the tools to take his game to the 4-year level and dominate. A fine young man that is always a pleasure to work with. Look for Triston to dominate this 2019 summer and pick up multiple college offers. Phenomenal punting prospect. OFFER NOW!!!"

"I'm just really excited to get started and can't believe it's almost time for me to sign and then head up there," Brown said.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    MelloDawg said:

Left hand is too Sieg Heil for my liking. Doesn’t help our cause with today’s black athlete
    I'm hearing Meat and company will be using this picture as support in their race card recruiting. Sounds like maybe they're on to something.

@dnc

@RaceBannon

@WilburHooksHands

@Meek
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Finishes JUCO #255 on 247, punter #1 and 2 stars but is somehow up to a 3 star on Composite