Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rewatching the Ohio State vs Oregon Natty from the 2014 season

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I meant Ohio State

Nobody reads newspapers anymore anyway

If we still had Sark I'd take him in a second

I'd take him over Peterman. Urbs is elite and isn't afraid to win big games.
    Pete isn’t in the Urbs/Dabo/Saban tier. But if he wins a NT at Washington then he is.
    It would take a few. Urbs is all kinds of better than Pete. He beats er'buddy. Dude has done it at every stop, in different ways.
    Pete's BSU resume matches was Urbs did at Utah. Pete winning a NT at a program like Washington would trump what Urban did at Florida, which was only a decade removed from winning a natty when Urbs arrived.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I meant Ohio State

Pete isn’t in the Urbs/Dabo/Saban tier. But if he wins a NT at Washington then he is.
    It would take a few. Urbs is all kinds of better than Pete. He beats er'buddy. Dude has done it at every stop, in different ways.
    Pete's BSU resume matches was Urbs did at Utah. Pete winning a NT at a program like Washington would trump what Urban did at Florida, which was only a decade removed from winning a natty when Urbs arrived.
    Eh, that's a lot of rough estimation for my book if I'm looking to hire a coach, which is quite a commitment.

When he beat Ohio State for the first title, Ohio State was the better team coming in with a better resume as wire to wire #1. Urbs flat outcoached a good coach in Jim Tressel and beat a better team for all the marbles.

He punched Saban and Bamers in the mouth and kicked them in the balls!

He punched Bob Stoops in the mouth and kicked him in the balls when he still had it going on at Oklahoma.

Yeah, he was at Florida, but in a better conference.

No. Sliding through this shit show of a conference and winning one title wouldn't get Pete to where Urbs is. Closer, but not equal. Building teams that go toe to toe with elite opponents in the title game multiple times and at multiple schools is the marker to watch.

We don't handicap these things for the pac 12 Yella!!!

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Hey. Who the fuck are you to question the ways of Troy? These people fucking own West coast football and it's not close. Ok? Check the record books.

If they want to stay in the SC family, then that's what they do and they know better than you how to win. They're fucking winners down there.

SC people are just better at life. Don't hate. Contemplate.

creep, this poast really gave me some perspective, had to take a long walk.

i could edit/delete my original post but damn, i want people to learn from it. what should those people learn from it? people in troy KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING.

thanks.

Hey. Who the fuck are you to question the ways of Troy? These people fucking own West coast football and it's not close. Ok? Check the record books.

If they want to stay in the SC family, then that's what they do and they know better than you how to win. They're fucking winners down there.

SC people are just better at life. Don't hate. Contemplate.

creep, this poast really gave me some perspective, had to take a long walk.

i could edit/delete my original post but damn, i want people to learn from it. what should those people learn from it? people in troy KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING.

thanks.
    Ok. Just don't let it happen again. Ever.

I meant Ohio State

Eh, that's a lot of rough estimation for my book if I'm looking to hire a coach, which is quite a commitment.

When he beat Ohio State for the first title, Ohio State was the better team coming in with a better resume as wire to wire #1. Urbs flat outcoached a good coach in Jim Tressel and beat a better team for all the marbles.

He punched Saban and Bamers in the mouth and kicked them in the balls!

He punched Bob Stoops in the mouth and kicked him in the balls when he still had it going on at Oklahoma.

Yeah, he was at Florida, but in a better conference.

No. Sliding through this shit show of a conference and winning one title wouldn't get Pete to where Urbs is. Closer, but not equal. Building teams that go toe to toe with elite opponents in the title game multiple times and at multiple schools is the marker to watch.

We don't handicap these things for the pac 12 Yella!!!

You just love Urbs because he wins the WRONG WAY!!

Axe @RaceBannon about winning the right way.

Doesn't really happen.

Urban won at Bowling Green

People forget that

Ohio States was tuffer than Florida because what's his face could recruit and left it loaded. Then made the Rose Bowl at fucking Illinois

Zook a Dook Dook Dook. Fucker could absolutely recruit, but couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I meant Ohio State

Lol
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,429
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just remember being really doog-scared it was Oregon's year until they ran both sqwads out onto the field...
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

This would be Urban’s third act, it would make him the first coach in history to win a title at three schools. And it would probably cement him in the top five all time.

I'd argue it's his 4th act. He went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl their too. There is way more proof Urban would do well at SC than fail.

Chip at UCLA is a bad comparison because he was ahead of his time at Oregon and hasn't proven he can adapt to stay ahead. Though I still think he'll be fine.
    Chip is failing at UCLA because he's recruiting like a guy with a show cause on his record. I'd be more scared if USC had a time machine to bring back 2014 Urban Meyer. The 2018 version looked checked out, I suppose we'll see what the 2020 version is.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

This would be Urban’s third act, it would make him the first coach in history to win a title at three schools. And it would probably cement him in the top five all time.

I'd argue it's his 4th act. He went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl their too. There is way more proof Urban would do well at SC than fail.

Chip at UCLA is a bad comparison because he was ahead of his time at Oregon and hasn't proven he can adapt to stay ahead. Though I still think he'll be fine.
    Chip is failing at UCLA because he's recruiting like a guy with a show cause on his record. I'd be more scared if USC had a time machine to bring back 2014 Urban Meyer. The 2018 version looked checked out, I suppose we'll see what the 2020 version is.
    Chip gets 3 years like the rest get. His "shitty" recruiting isn't even in play yet, so that's not why he's failing on the field.

UCLA got significantly better as the year went on. Chip is a total blow it up guy like Petersen and I remember how frustrating his first two seasons were at UW.

He gets 3 to win the South and I'm not betting against him, especially with cluster fuck USC and WAC Utah being his biggest competition
    This. Chip basically said fuck it and benched all the juniors and seniors last year and gave his freshmen tons of run. He dgaf bout last year. He’s building for 2020. I still think them or Utah win the south this year.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019

truly halfbrains this bored is if they think usc would be competent enough to hire urbs. usc would first have to hire a competent athletic director, of which, i have no doubt keyshawn johnson or lendale white will be named the next trooj AD, whom will fire helton, and end up hiring jeff fisher or jack del rio.

"in the end, we wanted to stay within the USC family and loved coach's consistency in the NFL."

christ.

That’s been my thinking. Not only is SC athletics a dumpster fire but so is upper campus. It would make no sense for Urbs to make a come back there. I could see him going to Oklahoma in a couple years when Riley goes to the NFL.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Chip gets 3 years like the rest get. His "shitty" recruiting isn't even in play yet, so that's not why he's failing on the field.

UCLA got significantly better as the year went on. Chip is a total blow it up guy like Petersen and I remember how frustrating his first two seasons were at UW.

He gets 3 to win the South and I'm not betting against him, especially with cluster fuck USC and WAC Utah being his biggest competition
    This. Chip basically said fuck it and benched all the juniors and seniors last year and gave his freshmen tons of run. He dgaf bout last year. He’s building for 2020. I still think them or Utah win the south this year.
    I mean if Chip reanimates Mr. Miyagi to keep everyone healthy maybe. Otherwise, he’s running with a self-imposed 15 scholarship ban this year, doesn’t have much depth, undersigned last years class by four and is currently working on the 9th ranked recruiting class in the Pac-12.

What he’s doing in Westwood right now looks downright Sling Blade-ian.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Don’t cite recruiting rankings in June if you want people to take you seriously.