Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax on ultra wealthy

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Whatever the explanation for this unusual withholding arrangement--assuming it even occurred--the explanation isn't that your pal paid $58,000+ in tax on $100,000 of income. That was your political point, and it's complete bullshit.

It's not "unusual" deductions. He has not asked for any extra money to be withheld. It is the standard tax rates and it was done as standard payroll. Has no one had a large check from there employer for overtime etc? When you get one the tax rate being applied can go up. You've never heard (all that overtime put me in a higher tax bracket this check"? Does your denial of fact know no bounds? You guys call me a liar and I call you out so if your going to double down on stupid and calling me a liar pony up! You should want to take my money.

Still time Hondo hasn't PM'd for the meet.
    Yes if they were put in a high enough tax bracket for 37% federal. Then no SS would be withheld. And you've stated twice that SS was withheld. I'm not PM shit, this is going on the board for all to see.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Whatever the explanation for this unusual withholding arrangement--assuming it even occurred--the explanation isn't that your pal paid $58,000+ in tax on $100,000 of income. That was your political point, and it's complete bullshit.

It's not "unusual" deductions. He has not asked for any extra money to be withheld. It is the standard tax rates and it was done as standard payroll. Has no one had a large check from there employer for overtime etc? When you get one the tax rate being applied can go up. You've never heard (all that overtime put me in a higher tax bracket this check"? Does your denial of fact know no bounds? You guys call me a liar and I call you out so if your going to double down on stupid and calling me a liar pony up! You should want to take my money.

I've seen checks larger than that many times. What you've described makes zero sense absent an error by the employer or a request by the employee.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,695
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I've seen checks larger than that many times. What you've described makes zero sense absent an error by the employer or a request by the employee.
    It's not a request bring the employee. Doubtful it's a mistake they write large payroll checks as a matter of routine.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Yes if they were put in a high enough tax bracket for 37% federal. Then no SS would be withheld. And you've stated twice that SS was withheld. I'm not PM shit, this is going on the board for all to see.
    Where we meeting and what time? Something near the 90 in Spokane Valley works well.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Where we meeting and what time? Something near the 90 in Spokane Valley works well.
    Not a single person in the State of Washington calls it ‘the 90’.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Will there be fisticuffs?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Lol yes I'll see you at the Spokane valley Mall tomorrow. Show me the check and stub.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

What if he owns a c corp? Does he pay self employment tax? Idiot.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Those who play by the rules but favor changing the rules are always told they could just volunteer to play by the rules they favor. It’s a stupid response. They want billionaires like yourself to pay more too.
    I want a new bicycle. Should I pay for it myself? Or should I force everyone else to chip in and pay for something I want?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You get to it driving up the 5

You can take the 405 if you want to avoid downtown
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I don't live in Washington. We call Washington folks a "pain in the ass."
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Lol yes I'll see you at the Spokane valley Mall tomorrow. Show me the check and stub.
    So you have no plans on showing up. I thought as much. Can't get time off from Hondaburger?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

So you have no plans on showing up. I thought as much. Can't get time off from Hondaburger?
    Wut? I said I'll see you at the Valley Mall. Better get on a plane soon.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I don't need a plane I'm nearby. What time?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Local burger flipper tragically gunned down at the Valley Mall.
  • Options

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Local burger flipper tragically gunned down at the Valley Mall.
    Only if he tells his buddies he's got a grand in cash.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sure you are. 1:30. See you there.
  • Options

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Montana burger flipper tragically gunned down at the Valley Mall.
    FIFY
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam