Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jared Greenfield commits to Ducks

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Dude he wasn’t a feature back. His job wasn’t to grind out yards it was to try and create a big play every single touch

Sure.

"Hey Salvon. Just try and hit home runs. We don't care about first downs."

He wasn't a feature back because he didn't do much when he was in.

Coaches have a funny little habit with RBs. They stick with the hot hand. If he'd produced, he'd have stayed in. That boy got the hook all the tim.

#notbetweenthetackles
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Dude he wasn’t a feature back. His job wasn’t to grind out yards it was to try and create a big play every single touch

Sure.

Coaches have a funny little habit with RBs. They stick with the hot hand. If he'd produced, he'd have stayed in. That boy got the hook all the tim.

#notbetweenthetackles
    I told Auburn fans that Amhed was a kid to look out for. I expected big things out of him last year and he disappointed.

I would say what you see is what you get at this point. However, maybe being the 1st back will help him develop what we haven’t seen so far. You never know but I am not expecting it.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles
    I told Auburn fans that Amhed was a kid to look out for. I expected big things out of him last year and he disappointed.

I would say what you see is what you get at this point. However, maybe being the 1st back will help him develop what we haven’t seen so far. You never know but I am not expecting it.
    You're an idiot. Ahmed only got 104 touches in 14 games last season and averaged 5.8 yards per carry. He's already proven himself as an explosive play maker his first two years in Gaskin's shadow. Now it's his time to shine as the lead back. He hasn't even come close to tapping his full potential yet. He'll be a break out star in this conference and a household name by the end of the season.

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

You're an idiot. Ahmed only got 104 touches in 14 games last season and averaged 5.8 yards per carry. He's already proven himself as an explosive play maker his first two years in Gaskin's shadow. Now it's his time to shine as the lead back. He hasn't even come close to tapping his full potential yet. He'll be a break out star in this conference and a household name by the end of the season.
    As you can’t tell, I am a duck fan. Just so you know I haven’t read one positive comment from you about the Ducks in any shape or form. I actually give the the Huskies their due when where it is deserved. You act like a teenager or a very immature early 20 year old. I like coach Petersen and I was actually excited to watch Amhed.

You can’t tell me that he is a little bit underwhelming as a back. You just don’t see him do the things you want from a bellcow.

Most people see this.
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

As you can’t tell, I am a duck fan. Just so you know I haven’t read one positive comment from you about the Ducks in any shape or form. I actually give the the Huskies their due when where it is deserved. You act like a teenager or a very immature early 20 year old. I like coach Petersen and I was actually excited to watch Amhed.

You can’t tell me that he is a little bit underwhelming as a back. You just don’t see him do the things you want from a bellcow.

Most people see this.
    You continue to ignore the facts. A RB that gets an average of less than 8 carries per game can't do shit. Running backs need fucking carries to show what they can do. How is that not obvious? There isn't a RB on the planet that can do shit with only 8 carries per game. Let me know when Ahmed is getting 20+ carries a game and tell me if he still looks underwhelming to you. Till then, shut the fuck up. Most people have seen him average over 6 yards per carry for his first two years while getting minimal carries.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    You continue to ignore the facts. A RB that gets an average of less than 8 carries per game can't do shit. Running backs need fucking carries to show what they can do. How is that not obvious? There isn't a RB on the planet that can do shit with only 8 carries per game. Let me know when Ahmed is getting 20+ carries a game and tell me if he still looks underwhelming to you. Till then, shut the fuck up. Most people have seen him average over 6 yards per carry for his first two years while getting minimal carries.
    I thought he was the next Napoleon Kaufman elite type back. A runningback that would force Petersen’s hand to play him more. I am sure he will be good. I just don’t see elite.
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    I thought he was the next Napoleon Kaufman elite type back. A runningback that would force Petersen’s hand to play him more. I am sure he will be good. I just don’t see elite.
    Literally nobody said he was going to "force Petersen's hand to play him more". You just made that up. A Senior Myles Gaskin was always going to get the bulk of the carries. He earned it. Every UW fan knew that and wanted that to happen and it did. Ahmed will be elite. His time is coming. Nothing is more quookish than the denial of elite talent just because that elite talent is on UW's roster. Quooks doubt Eason and quooks doubt Ahmed because they fear what both are capable of. Please keep doubting them. It will only make it more fun when UW's offense gets right back to blowing Oregon out starting this season.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Literally nobody said he was going to "force Petersen's hand to play him more". You just made that up. A Senior Myles Gaskin was always going to get the bulk of the carries. He earned it. Every UW fan knew that and wanted that to happen and it did. Ahmed will be elite. His time is coming. Nothing is more quookish than the denial of elite talent just because that elite talent is on UW's roster. Quooks doubt Eason and quooks doubt Ahmed because they fear what both are capable of. Please keep doubting them. It will only make it more fun when UW's offense gets right back to blowing Oregon out starting this season.
    Eason and Ahmed have a lot to prove. I am sure they will be good players. There’s a lot of smoke that Eason has a long ways to go. Those are leaks from your camp.
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Eason and Ahmed have a lot to prove. I am sure they will be good players. There’s a lot of smoke that Eason has a long ways to go. Those are leaks from your camp.
    We have one of the best secondaries in the nation, if not the best. No QB is looking good against them in fucking Spring ball you moron. Eason won't face a secondary on UW's level all season unless UW makes it to the Rose Bowl or playoffs again. By then, our offense should be clicking considering the talent we have.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t think he will face a good secondary in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West.
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

I don’t think he will face a good secondary in the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West.

Is the Las Vegas Bowl better than the Redbox bowl? If so, that would be a decent bowl game for Oregon to get to. UW will be spanking that ass.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    We have one of the best secondaries in the nation, if not the best. No QB is looking good against them in fucking Spring ball you moron. Eason won't face a secondary on UW's level all season unless UW makes it to the Rose Bowl or playoffs again. By then, our offense should be clicking considering the talent we have.
    I am sure that’s factored in their assessment.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Fucking duh. 2 of UW's top 3 returning receivers were also out with injuries ALL of Spring ball. I'm sure that's factored in too. Nobody is worried about Jacob Eason. We know he'll be better than Browning and that's all we need with the defense we have.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Fucking duh. 2 of UW's top 3 returning receivers were also out with injuries ALL of Spring ball. I'm sure that's factored in too. Nobody is worried about Jacob Eason. We know he'll be better than Browning and that's all we need with the defense we have.
    Interesting. Now I see it.

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Well, that's can happen when you pop a good run every now and then and get the quick hook for the better back when you start going down the minute a linebacker breaths on you.

Gaskin was used like a rented mule at Washington and often needed to be spelled more than Ahmed's production would allow. Again, coaches will stick with the hot hand at that position no matter what. Peterman of all coaches isn't going to leave a kid in just to get his yards ... Gaskin played as much as he did because his understudy didn't move the chains like he did. You tell me Washington had a great O line last season, which they ostenstibly did ... does he need the wind to be blowing in a particular direction? You're a back. You get your series. Run! Make people miss! Shed a fucking tackle.

You can tell me to get off Gaskin's dick and whatever other colorful TacTown phrases you can come up with, but as of right now he is what he is, and you saying that he's better than a 4X 1,000 yard rusher (which you clearly did say) is mind numbingly stupid.

The duck is right: you surmise, infer, assume and predict the future in purple all the time, but when it comes to an Oregon player, you need 5 years of proof and a green card, otherwise you throw them into that huge "overrated 4*" pile you're building.

Nobody (seriously) is saying that the terrorist is a shitty back who will fail. The question is whether he will successfully replace Gaskin, who was more than just the total of his stats. (which were awesome). Gaskin had a knack for absolutely breaking a defense's back by converting in key situations. Time and time again I watched Washington in 2nd and shitty situations, only to have him make 2nd and 14 into 3rd and 1. He broke plenty of his own big runs, but it's that other stuff that makes a great running back.

Seriously dude. This isn't hard.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    Tony Brooks-James is gonna lead the conference in rushing, no doubt about it! He's an elite track speed athlete who averaged 6.9! yards per carry on over 200 carries and has 16 touchdowns backing up Royce Freeman the last 3 years. This is going to be his breakout season! Cook it!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yeah but Salvon isn’t a midget and small. He’s like 6 foot 195

Yeah but Salvon isn’t a midget and small. He’s like 6 foot 195

Salvon is electric.

He would be a lot of fun to watch if he can put it all together.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Bullshit.

No running back gets carries because of some hokey notion of "earning" it as a senior and people knew and wanted that to happen. The got the bulk of the carries because on 2nd and 14 Gaskin carried the ball for 13.5 yards. Because he could produce even though he was hurt. Because he would break the back of the opposing defense by reeling off a big run at precisely the clutch time.

If Ahmed could have done that, he would have, and he would have had more carries.

Again, arm tackles, no vision inside. That's why he didn't get more carries.

It doesn't matter what people did or didn't say. This isn't Madden Football. He would have forced Petersen's hand if he'd produced more. Like I said b4, Gaskin was used like a rented mule; there were plenty more carries for Ahmed if he'd been up for it. He wasn't. Fact.

What are you his Dad? Do you live in Juanita now?
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Sure.

#notbetweenthetackles

Most people see this.
    Bullshit.

No running back gets carries because of some hokey notion of "earning" it as a senior and people knew and wanted that to happen. The got the bulk of the carries because on 2nd and 14 Gaskin carried the ball for 13.5 yards. Because he could produce even though he was hurt. Because he would break the back of the opposing defense by reeling off a big run at precisely the clutch time.

If Ahmed could have done that, he would have, and he would have had more carries.

Again, arm tackles, no vision inside. That's why he didn't get more carries.

It doesn't matter what people did or didn't say. This isn't Madden Football. He would have forced Petersen's hand if he'd produced more. Like I said b4, Gaskin was used like a rented mule; there were plenty more carries for Ahmed if he'd been up for it. He wasn't. Fact.

What are you his Dad? Do you live in Juanita now?
    That's how it works at UW bitch. The guys that have earned the trust of the coaches and have PROVEN themselves get to play while the younger guys have to wait their turn. Sometimes to the frustration of us fans. Sometimes we see more talented guys standing on the sidelines in favor of less talented veterans and it pisses us off. But in this case, Gaskin getting the bulk of the carries is exactly what we wanted and that didn't happen because Salvon sucks. It happened because Gaskin was a great player for us and deserved all those carries and more. Salvon Ahmed is better than any RB on your roster.

Number don't lie bitch. 5.8 yards per carry is good production. Salvon has shown elite play making ability and explosiveness. He'll put it all together and be a great back for us. Get over it.