Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Cooooohhennnnn

Show us your tits! The rubber has met the road!
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Situations like this are significantly more difficult to manage when the victim wants it kept private, which Strickland wanted, and you have to honor that to the best of your ability. The whole "we wish him luck..." bit was just a generic line to not raise any suspicion to a situation that you don't want to go public.

Cohen's one mistake was definitely consulting with others (including Shick) about how to handle the hypothetical situation instead of assuming that the hypothetical could be real, and that it could've pertained to anyone in the AD. Misplaced trust for sure, but in the grand scheme of things she handled the situation pretty well. You have to give her a lot of credit for pushing the investigation forward when it might not have happened otherwise.

The whole story is more of an indictment of the legal side of things... the UW AD should have full ability to privately disclose misconduct information when GCU was in the process of hiring Shick. Also a bad look for GCU as they evidently didn't directly ask UW if there were any issues with misconduct while Shick was here.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

Situations like this are significantly more difficult to manage when the victim wants it kept private, which Strickland wanted, and you have to honor that to the best of your ability. The whole "we wish him luck..." bit was just a generic line to not raise any suspicion to a situation that you don't want to go public.

Cohen's one mistake was definitely consulting with others (including Shick) about how to handle the hypothetical situation instead of assuming that the hypothetical could be real, and that it could've pertained to anyone in the AD. Misplaced trust for sure, but in the grand scheme of things she handled the situation pretty well. You have to give her a lot of credit for pushing the investigation forward when it might not have happened otherwise.

The whole story is more of an indictment of the legal side of things... the UW AD should have full ability to privately disclose misconduct information when GCU was in the process of hiring Shick. Also a bad look for GCU as they evidently didn't directly ask UW if there were any issues with misconduct while Shick was here.

I am pretty sure almost every female (Including our ? AD), that is beyond a certain age, has experienced some level of the same type of thing. The only fault I find is that I can't fathom how she couldn't see this from the victim's perspective. At least to assume it may have happened until proving it didn't.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,085
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

NEsnake12 said:

I am pretty sure almost every female (Including our ? AD), that is beyond a certain age, has experienced some level of the same type of thing. The only fault I find is that I can't fathom how she couldn't see this from the victim's perspective. At least to assume it may have happened until proving it didn't.

But that's what the article points out, that she did pursue it, investigated, and found Shick to be at fault. You have to investigate. Biggest mistake was not firing him immediately. Jen continued to seek assistance for Strickland after she had left campus, continued to contact Strickland with the offer for care. As an organization of course you get things in writing. As noted this isn't an easy situation at all, and had Strickland sought to press charges, I think the AD would have supported Strickland in that pursuit.

It's safe to say that this will happen again, and hopefully the AD puts in the appropriate measures to deal with it so there is no grey area.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

EwaDawg said:

NEsnake12 said:

But that's what the article points out, that she did pursue it, investigated, and found Shick to be at fault. You have to investigate. Biggest mistake was not firing him immediately. Jen continued to seek assistance for Strickland after she had left campus, continued to contact Strickland with the offer for care. As an organization of course you get things in writing. As noted this isn't an easy situation at all, and had Strickland sought to press charges, I think the AD would have supported Strickland in that pursuit.

It's safe to say that this will happen again, and hopefully the AD puts in the appropriate measures to deal with it so there is no grey area.
    He resigned before the investigation was complete. Firing him before that would've a) assumed his guilt and b) drawn attention to the misconduct when Strickland wanted it under wraps
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,085
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Too drunk to read
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Too drunk to read

Bored motto?
  • Options
    kanehallkanehall Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tip of the iceberg y'all....
  • Options
    kanehall said:

The first six tips were consensual
  • Options
    kanehall said:

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    kanehall said:

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

kanehall said:

just the tip. just the tip. I promise, just the tip.

how many tims have I said that in my lifetim.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

kanehall said:

just the tip. just the tip. I promise, just the tip.

how many tims have I said that in my lifetim.
    David Allan Coe. Three biggest lies. YW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEmghSrOig