Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most likely to not RS

2»

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The definitive list.

1. CamWill
    2. Calvert
    3. Heimuli
    4. Turner
    5. Davis/Nacua

Big fellas all gotta redshirt and if you disagree go look at Trey's career and shut the fuck up. I wish Nacua was higher on this list but Baccellia, Fuller, Pounds, & Chin aka the partially responsible for Joe Ngata Quartet, will see otherwise. CamWill & Asa are at a position with absolutely no depth (Isaiah Pola-Mao & Chaz Ah You say "Hi") plus CamWill is already better, longer, and more physically talented than Gilchrist.

Calvert is too physically matured and we still need TWO guys to beat out Manu so that in the highly likely case of a Welly injury, Kyler is still as far away from the field as possible. Sirmon/Tafisi/Calvert/Heimuli/Ulofoshio will hopefully put us out of our misery. Heimuli is a special teams ACE this year at minimum but with him being penciled in as the heir to the Shaq/KB/BBK/WELLY WILL position, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 4-Gamer.

On top of them being needed for the defensive rotation, those first 4 guys should all be key special teams players right out of the gate
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

The definitive list.

1. CamWill
    2. Calvert
    3. Heimuli
    4. Turner
    5. Davis/Nacua

Big fellas all gotta redshirt and if you disagree go look at Trey's career and shut the fuck up. I wish Nacua was higher on this list but Baccellia, Fuller, Pounds, & Chin aka the partially responsible for Joe Ngata Quartet, will see otherwise. CamWill & Asa are at a position with absolutely no depth (Isaiah Pola-Mao & Chaz Ah You say "Hi") plus CamWill is already better, longer, and more physically talented than Gilchrist.

Calvert is too physically matured and we still need TWO guys to beat out Manu so that in the highly likely case of a Welly injury, Kyler is still as far away from the field as possible. Sirmon/Tafisi/Calvert/Heimuli/Ulofoshio will hopefully put us out of our misery. Heimuli is a special teams ACE this year at minimum but with him being penciled in as the heir to the Shaq/KB/BBK/WELLY WILL position, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 4-Gamer.

On top of them being needed for the defensive rotation, those first 4 guys should all be key special teams players right out of the gate
    I don't disagree that those guys could be special teams stars but with our schedule this year I doubt there's a meaningful need for them on special teams in more than four games. Would hate to see them burn a redshirt for 12 snaps at kick coverage. If they are already burning it playing meaningful snaps on D then it is what it is. McDuffie could be that kind of difference maker on special teams but I doubt Petermen trusts a true freshman with those duties unless he's next level.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    As far as Nacua goes, I think a lot will depend on how Bynum, Osbirbe, and Spiker look. If all those guys have made big strides, I dont care to see Nacua's RS burned so that he can catch 5 passes and play some on special teams. With the new 4 games rule, I'd like it if he gets playing time early, then make the decision of whether he will be a strong contributor for the season. If not, let him sit and preserve the RS
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

As far as Nacua goes, I think a lot will depend on how Bynum, Osbirbe, and Spiker look. If all those guys have made big strides, I dont care to see Nacua's RS burned so that he can catch 5 passes and play some on special teams. With the new 4 games rule, I'd like it if he gets playing time early, then make the decision of whether he will be a strong contributor for the season. If not, let him sit and preserve the RS

Justyn Ross had 1,000 yard receiving as a true freshman with Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, and Hunter Renfrow in front of him. I get your point but there's no reason Aaron Fuller should play as a true frosh and Puka doesn't. At least I hope Pete sees it that way. If Pete can coach and develop like we all know he can, it shouldn't matter who is in front of Ty, Bynum, Spiker, Osborne, & Nacua with their talent, Pete should be able to make them better than the older players.

There is zero excuses as to why Spiker & Osborne shouldn't be All-PAC-12 as RS-FR and to why Nacua can't be a late season explosive play machine, if Aaron Fuller was a number 3/starter as a true freshman.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Justyn Ross had 1,000 yard receiving as a true freshman with Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, and Hunter Renfrow in front of him. I get your point but there's no reason Aaron Fuller should play as a true frosh and Puka doesn't. At least I hope Pete sees it that way. If Pete can coach and develop like we all know he can, it shouldn't matter who is in front of Ty, Bynum, Spiker, Osborne, & Nacua with their talent, Pete should be able to make them better than the older players.

There is zero excuses as to why Spiker & Osborne shouldn't be All-PAC-12 as RS-FR and to why Nacua can't be a late season explosive play machine, if Aaron Fuller was a number 3/starter as a true freshman.
    There's no reason Fuller should play as a true frosh and Spiker doesn't. But it happened. And at this point we have a shit load of bodies at the position. If Puka plays it'll mean he's really special. If it's anything other than that reason our coaches fucked up. Either by not developing several classes worth of talent ahead of him, or by misguidedly burning his redshirt.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Estimated likelihood of playing >4 games in 2019-20:

Williams 90%
    Horn 80%
    C. Davis 80%
    Calvert 70%
    Nacua 70%
    Heimuli 60%
    Latu 60%
    Bandes 50%
    McDuffie 50%
    Turner 40%
    Tuitele 30%
    Tuputala 20%
    Pa’ama 20%
    T. Davis 10%
    KamFab 10%
    Luciano 10%
    Morris 0%
    Buelow 0%
    Kalepo 0%
    Fautanu 0%
    Ngalu 0%
    Trice 0%
    Ah You 0%
    Fowler 0%
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    HornDawgs gonna get minutes.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

GOAT said:

I’ve seen Fautanu on campus and he’s still using one of those scooter things I doubt he’ll be healthy by Fall. I’ve also seen Wattenberg and he looks like that one chubby friend everyone has. I want Bainivalu or Ale to beat him out badly.

How many in here are that chubby friend that everyone has?

WOOD
    Before or after the ACL?
    During...
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992

Swaye said:

GOAT said:

I’ve seen Fautanu on campus and he’s still using one of those scooter things I doubt he’ll be healthy by Fall. I’ve also seen Wattenberg and he looks like that one chubby friend everyone has. I want Bainivalu or Ale to beat him out badly.

How many in here are that chubby friend that everyone has?

WOOD
    Before or after the ACL?
    After. Too ambulatory before. .. .
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

Williams 90%
    Horn 80%
    C. Davis 80%
    Calvert 70%
    Nacua 70%
    Heimuli 60%
    Latu 60%
    Bandes 50%
    McDuffie 50%
    Turner 40%
    Tuitele 30%
    Tuputala 20%
    Pa’ama 20%
    T. Davis 10%
    KamFab 10%
    Luciano 10%
    Morris 0%
    Buelow 0%
    Kalepo 0%
    Fautanu 0%
    Ngalu 0%
    Trice 0%
    Ah You 0%
    Fowler 0%

Latu and Horn too low, Nacua too high, otherwise pretty spot on.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

TTJ said:

Williams 90%
    Horn 80%
    C. Davis 80%
    Calvert 70%
    Nacua 70%
    Heimuli 60%
    Latu 60%
    Bandes 50%
    McDuffie 50%
    Turner 40%
    Tuitele 30%
    Tuputala 20%
    Pa’ama 20%
    T. Davis 10%
    KamFab 10%
    Luciano 10%
    Morris 0%
    Buelow 0%
    Kalepo 0%
    Fautanu 0%
    Ngalu 0%
    Trice 0%
    Ah You 0%
    Fowler 0%

honest question, but outside of what heard in spring camp about Williams being unbelievable, would you have had him that high before camp?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

TTJ said:

Williams 90%
    Horn 80%
    C. Davis 80%
    Calvert 70%
    Nacua 70%
    Heimuli 60%
    Latu 60%
    Bandes 50%
    McDuffie 50%
    Turner 40%
    Tuitele 30%
    Tuputala 20%
    Pa’ama 20%
    T. Davis 10%
    KamFab 10%
    Luciano 10%
    Morris 0%
    Buelow 0%
    Kalepo 0%
    Fautanu 0%
    Ngalu 0%
    Trice 0%
    Ah You 0%
    Fowler 0%

honest question, but outside of what heard in spring camp about Williams being unbelievable, would you have had him that high before camp?
    Roddie has been ridding can willams train since the day we offered.

I think everyone thought he had elite balls skills and instincts, but very thin kid.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

TTJ said:

Williams 90%
    Horn 80%
    C. Davis 80%
    Calvert 70%
    Nacua 70%
    Heimuli 60%
    Latu 60%
    Bandes 50%
    McDuffie 50%
    Turner 40%
    Tuitele 30%
    Tuputala 20%
    Pa’ama 20%
    T. Davis 10%
    KamFab 10%
    Luciano 10%
    Morris 0%
    Buelow 0%
    Kalepo 0%
    Fautanu 0%
    Ngalu 0%
    Trice 0%
    Ah You 0%
    Fowler 0%

No I would not have. But obviously
    safety was wide open and @alopeciadawg has made it pretty clear he’s going to play, if not start.