Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest 6th album in rock music history?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Greatest 6th album in rock music history? 26 votes

Who - Qaudrophenia
0%
Dylan - Highway 61 Revisted
11%
alumni94chuckGilbystaint 3 votes
Steely Dan - Aja
3%
Dennis_DeYoung 1 vote
Beatles - Rubber Soul
15%
Mad_SonseatownfunkFenderbender123YellowSnow 4 votes
Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
11%
PurpleJBasemanBearsWiin 3 votes
AC/DC - Back in Black
42%
SwayewhlinderSoutherndawggreenblooddfleaPurpleThrobberNEsnake12BleachedAnusDawgLesGrossmanUSMChawkJoeEDangerously 11 votes
Paul Simon - Graceland
3%
LebamDawg 1 vote
Van Halen - 1984
11%
huskyhooliganEl_KRDR 3 votes
The Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
0%

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    34-17
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    The day Back in Black was released, my buddy's older brother drove into town to buy the new release. We were all big AC/DC fans and were anxious about how they'd replace Bon Scott.

I sat in the back between the Jensen Triaxial speakers, and by the time we got back to their house, I had bought into Brian Johnson. He isn't Bon Scott, but he gave the band another 40 years of life and a few more great albums.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    Hey Yeller, are we gonna do this for hip hop albums too?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    This one won't be close. Master of Puppets, Back in Black and Appetite for Destruction are pretty much the big three metal albums ever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    NEsnake12 said:

Hey Yeller, are we gonna do this for hip hop albums too?

Prolly...
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AC/DC - Back in Black

Swaye said:

This one won't be close. Master of Puppets, Back in Black and Appetite for Destruction are pretty much the big three metal albums ever.

No it won't because of our boring, cliche, frat boy kultur as many have pointed out. IFL BIB and have played the shit out of it and my band in college used to cover several of its songs. BUT Rubber Souls and Hwy 61 both beat it in terms of influence on rock history. Dylan going electric in 1965 and the Beatles moving beyond basic boy loves gurl songs to more complex songwriting marks the birth of "classic" rock. @Dennis_DeYoung in spite of AC DC being is favorite band will agree with me that Rubber Soul is more important.

I like it when you call me boring and cliche. I like that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

No it won't because of our boring, cliche, frat boy kultur as many have pointed out. IFL BIB and have played the shit out of it and my band in college used to cover several of its songs. BUT Rubber Souls and Hwy 61 both beat it in terms of influence on rock history. Dylan going electric in 1965 and the Beatles moving beyond basic boy loves gurl songs to more complex songwriting marks the birth of "classic" rock. @Dennis_DeYoung in spite of AC DC being is favorite band will agree with me that Rubber Soul is more important.

I like it when you call me boring and cliche. I like that.
    I didn't say it. I am quoting the hipster around here who don't like Led Zeppelin and AC DC in the finals all the time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    chuck said:

34-17

You, sir, are a scholar and gentlemanly steelheader @chuck , not like that Shelton redneck @dflea
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

34-17

You, sir, are a scholar and gentlemanly steelheader @chuck , not like that Shelton redneck @dflea
    Couldn't agree more yella. I'm good.

Good vote btw. I could have gone with Rubber Soul. If I think about it in terms of which one sucks me in the most and has the greater effect on my mood then the choice is clear.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    AC/DC - Back in Black

Swaye said:

Nope. The album that confirmed AC/DC would carry on is way more important than the Beatles figuring out how to quit making teenage girl music.

I fish bait though, so take that into consideration.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Swaye said:

Nope. The album that confirmed AC/DC would carry on is way more important than the Beatles figuring out how to quit making teenage girl music.

This

I know that Bon Scott was God and all that and agree but Back in Black was awesome

As long as the brothers were alive things would be fine
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Rubber Soul

dflea said:

Swaye said:

This

I know that Bon Scott was God and all that and agree but Back in Black was awesome

As long as the brothers were alive things would be fine
    This isn't entirely accurate. I don't things were as long the the brothers Young were alive. BIB is among the greatest hard rock records of all time. And For Those About to Rock was good, but not great. After that the 80's were shit of AC/DC. Razor's Edge was OK but I can't even listen to Thunderstruck anymore due to overplay.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stopped listening after Back in Black

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
    There are two iconic songs on Back in Black and a lot of forgettable ones

Rubber Soul has been the most influential of the nominees, but PG is quintessential LZ
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    BearsWiin said:

There are two iconic songs on Back in Black and a lot of forgettable ones

Rubber Soul has been the most influential of the nominees, but PG is quintessential LZ

The 2nd disc of PG is my favorite Zep album. It's got all the hipster LZ songs that you never hear on the radio.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    Back in black was a very strong contender (despite being a 7th album).

The real winner is write-in though.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    Swaye said:

Whatever hoe
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Rubber Soul
    Mad_Son said:

Back in black was a very strong contender (despite being a 7th album).

The real winner is write-in though.

I will concede, Sir, that you are way better than I at maff n' stuff in real life. But your classic rock maff skillz suck.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Van Halen - 1984
    I want to change my vote to acadaca.