Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump’s tax cuts barely boosted growth or wages and is not paying for itself

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/444286-consumer-sentiment-in-us-hits-15-year-high-report

Bad news for H. Good news for America

As I was googling through this subject I noted several articles on how Americans don't care about the economy anymore

As sure as sign as you will find that the economy is doing very good

Keep hope alive maybe the trade war will cause a depression like the experts keep telling us. Fingers crossed

Experts? The “yield curve” is prompting warnings. The yield curve is a function of investor sentiments and outlooks, and where profit (or protection) is best extracted. It’s a creature of a free market economy outside federal government protectionist policy making that you prefer, and that’s the reason you don’t understand.
    Keep hope alive

Bad trade deals are GOOD for America

We shouldn't expect anything better

There is no free market with China

There might be someday if weak willed spineless idiots like you don't have anything to do with it
    I am not the yield curve. I hope you feel better someday.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel great

China is our enemy. And they own Biden

Not a tough call at all
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    El Monte boy thinks China IP piracy is just part of the "free market."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I knew you’d reduce yourself to the level of communist China. It’s what hopelessly uncompetitive people do.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I knew you’d reduce yourself to the level of communist China. It’s what hopelessly uncompetitive people do.
    I knew you'd post some barely coherent gibberish. It's what El Monte boy the lightweight Kunt does.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I knew you'd post some barely coherent gibberish. It's what El Monte boy the lightweight Kunt does.
    Your ignore function still isn’t working GayBob.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

I like AMERICA in this one

Who are you rooting for? Rhetorical
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Your ignore function still isn’t working GayBob.
    Yeah the ignore function here works about as well as your brain El Monte. So tell me El Monte, how did I reduce myself to the level of Communist China? Cue the Kunt gibberish.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

So

Deficits matter now Damone. Please try to keep up.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

These numbers paint the picture. Obama was creating government jobs (for math challenged liberals that means higher taxes for everyone). Trump is creating private sector jobs which in comparison to Obama is a total turn around and a net positive which of course the article at top does not bother to discuss. The article is written as if we owe the government money because we get to keep more of our own. This only makes sense to idiotic democrats.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#a114fe25635a

Looking at Trump’s first two years, the revised BLS data shows that more than two manufacturing jobs were added for every one job added in government at the federal, state, and local level. In contrast, under Obama, almost five government jobs were added for every one manufacturing job.

After revising its data for past periods, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment grew by 5.1 million jobs in President Trump’s first full two years in office, a 3.5% increase. Private sector payrolls grew by 4.9 million, a 4.0% increase.

Federal government employment was flat during the Obama years, but don't the facts fuck you up.
    Another lie by a democrat parrot:

President Obama will set a record for the size of the basic federal workforce, leaving office with more than 1.4 million people collecting government salaries in the civilian agencies in 2017, according to the budget he delivered to Congress on Tuesday.

It’s a 10 percent jump from the time he took office in 2009

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/9/federal-workers-hit-record-number-but-growth-slows/
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

These numbers paint the picture. Obama was creating government jobs (for math challenged liberals that means higher taxes for everyone). Trump is creating private sector jobs which in comparison to Obama is a total turn around and a net positive which of course the article at top does not bother to discuss. The article is written as if we owe the government money because we get to keep more of our own. This only makes sense to idiotic democrats.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#a114fe25635a

Looking at Trump’s first two years, the revised BLS data shows that more than two manufacturing jobs were added for every one job added in government at the federal, state, and local level. In contrast, under Obama, almost five government jobs were added for every one manufacturing job.

After revising its data for past periods, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment grew by 5.1 million jobs in President Trump’s first full two years in office, a 3.5% increase. Private sector payrolls grew by 4.9 million, a 4.0% increase.

Federal government employment was flat during the Obama years, but don't the facts fuck you up.

President Obama will set a record for the size of the basic federal workforce, leaving office with more than 1.4 million people collecting government salaries in the civilian agencies in 2017, according to the budget he delivered to Congress on Tuesday.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/9/federal-workers-hit-record-number-but-growth-slows/
    They lie, it's what they do, it's who they are.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    [“In 2018, gross domestic product grew at 2.9 per cent, about the Congressional Budget Office’s projected rate published in 2017 before the tax cut. On the whole, the growth effects tend to show a relatively small (if any) first-year effect on the economy,” the report reads.

“Although growth rates cannot indicate the tax cut’s effects on GDP, they tend to rule out very large effects particularly in the short run.”]

Lol at this shit. "We haven't seen 5% GDP growth in the first quarter so the tax cuts have failed." This analysis is so obviously partisan hack job. Good luck selling it.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

HHusky said:

Yeah, when you convert some jobs from military jobs to civilian jobs, you do change the composition of the workforce, but not the size. Reading is fundamental. That MSM Washington Times can be so misleading.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    What the fuck happened to El Monte? I see him running that ignorant mouth of his in other threads why did he run away from this one?

El Monte, how did I reduce myself to the level of Communist China? Come on Kunt, you made the claim back up that fucking big mouth of yours.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

What the fuck happened to El Monte? I see him running that ignorant mouth of his in other threads why did he run away from this one?

El Monte, how did I reduce myself to the level of Communist China? Come on Kunt, you made the claim back up that fucking big mouth of yours.

It’s simple GayBob. Tariffs (taxes on US consumers) are the natural recourse for trumptards who are beaten like a drum by china. Since you can’t beat them you advocate joining them. You are no better than a chi com GayBob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

It’s simple GayBob. Tariffs (taxes on US consumers) are the natural recourse for trumptards who are beaten like a drum by china. Since you can’t beat them you advocate joining them. You are no better than a chi com GayBob.
    El Monte went with gibberish. So I've reduced myself to the level of Communist China because I don't think Chinese IP theft is part of the "free market" like you do.

Logic only a Kunt could love. And now you see boys and girls why this Kunt is so hesitant to let go of the side of the kiddie pool.

Glug, glug El Monte.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

El Monte went with gibberish. So I've reduced myself to the level of Communist China because I don't think Chinese IP theft is part of the "free market" like you do.

Logic only a Kunt could love. And now you see boys and girls why this Kunt is so hesitant to let go of the side of the kiddie pool.

Glug, glug El Monte.
    Tariffs are the protectionist recourse for hopelessly uncompetitive trumptards like you GayBob. Just own it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Sticking your head in the sand and refusing to acknowledge what is happening via state sponsored international corporate sabotage and market manipulation doesn't make it go away. I can't think of a major Economist that denies that it's a problem at this point. CDawg says so though so I guess that makes it all better.