Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Shenexon said:

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

We’re not talking Zion and Barrett.
    I buy Stewart as a possible best player in the conference. McDaniels isn’t.
    McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
    If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

You're nuts if you take the freshmen.
    You realize how fucking awful the Pac-12 was last year?
    That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.
    He's just dooging extra right now.

I get it, I remember my first multi five star class, I was mostly the same way.

He's inevitably going to be disappointed. Just part of it I guess.
    Multi 5 star class? Are you talking about softball?
    Should we tell him?
    They had another 5 star on the team too

hth

Romar can't coach. Hop can. There's no parallel reason to temper expectations based on past failure. Let @backthepack doog.

Hop has won one NCAA tournament game.

I think he can probably coach too, but he hasn't exactly proven himself as more than a recruiter yet.
    If you think that the success Boeheim had over the 20 years prior to Hopkins becoming the UW head coach wasn't partly attributable to Hop, I'd beg to differ. He has a lot of experience that gets overlooked. With Boeheim, he went to the NCAA 15 times I think, and 3 championship games. Hopkins ran practices for many successful teams for Boeheim and think he's under-rated overall but with lots of promise. Boeheim's only championship was led by 2 freshmen...
    I think all this is likely. There's still a massive difference between being an assistant and being a head guy.

I like Hop. A lot. I'm glad he's our coach and I'm glad we resigned him already.

It's still highly unlikely we have the two best players in the conference next year.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If you aren’t dooging about this you can suck my dick!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

I am still traumatized from Abdul Gaddy so I have an irrational fear about Quade.

He can shoot the 3, and did so at Kentucky. That, in and of itself, is enough value.

Also, Stewart will average 17 and 11. He'll get three easy buckets a game just off of his energy and motor, and should get to the free throw line regularly.
    Agree with this, though I’m interested to see how he rebounds out of Hop’s zone. In a man scheme I definitely think he’d pull 11 per, not sure in this one.
    @Shenexon do you have a few examples of dominate rebounders from your years of watching the Syracuse zone? Dickerson averaged 8 as a junior. I have to imagine that Stewart will eclipse that easily. What say you?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Shenexon said:

I think Stewart is going to be as good as he wants to be, with a lot of room for domination. Derrick Coleman, Rony Seikaly, and John Wallace are the best rebounders I remember with SU' s best teams anchored by a guy like Stewart but mostly 4 year guys not a talent like Stewart. Rick Jackson, Rakeem Christmas, Onuaku, and Otis Hill were all strong guys anchoring the zone as well. As long as he stays out of foul trouble and stays healthy, Stewart will be a major character in opposing coaches' nightmares. If the zone is keeping the ball on the perimeter, missed 3 pointers make for rebounds away from the basket and that could keep his rebound numbers down...

exactly
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does Fultz really count as playing with a top 3 draft pick?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Fultz was chinsane in college. If his shot shit didn't come around he would have been a highly successful NBA player and the Sixers would have a championship.

There is a full story there that still hasn't come out.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Fultz was chinsane in college. If his shot shit didn't come around he would have been a highly successful NBA player and the Sixers would have a championship.

That and we won 3 conference games and he stopped playing half way into the season.

I do agree he was a stud while playing and there's much more to the story that hasn't come out yet.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    “ but BTP you are just dooging, relax!!!1!1!1”

You fucking idiots we are going to have two top 5 picks and elite guard play.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Elite guard play?

LIPO
  • Options
    dnc said:

Elite guard play?

LIPO
    Quade will be very good. Elite, not sure yet. The frontcourt will be so fucking good that all the guards need to do is not lose games.
  • Options
    DawgFader said:

Gladstone said:

bigcc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Final 4 or bust

I get it, it's fun to dream, but an Elite 8 would be fantastic to me.

We're talking about a coach who has one exactly one tournament game and a program that hasn't been past the sweet 16 since 19 fucking 53.

We won't be top 10 preseason. Getting to the E8 would be a huge huge step.
    Should also be noted it's going to be a ROUGH road for whatever team wins the conference, even given the class we have, Arizona AND USC are ahead of us in rankings, and Oregon is only 4 spots back.

There's been nothing but big dick energy from Hopkins so far, he'll need to keep it going.
    We have the two best players in the conference we’ll be fine.
    I’ll wager a large amount of money Stewart and McDaniels won’t be the best two players in the conference. Two of the top 5, maybe.

We’re not talking Zion and Barrett.
    I buy Stewart as a possible best player in the conference. McDaniels isn’t.
    McDaniels will be better than Tinkle or Mannion. Stewart will be the best player in the conference
    If you expect Stewart and McDaniels to both be better than 20 and 8 you’re almost assuredly going to be disappointed.
    Lol because Tinkle is the only good option on OSU. Doesn’t mean that Jaden and Isaiah aren’t better options. Isaiah is going to get like 18 11 and 2.
    If Oregon State only had one player and still had a winning season in conference that player must be pretty damn good.

You're talking about a highly productive fifth year senior versus two true freshman.

You're nuts if you take the freshmen.
    You realize how fucking awful the Pac-12 was last year?
    That doesn't really refute anything. Oregon State finished 85th in the NET. If that was a one-man Tinkle show (new board motto?) then Tinkle is really fucking good for carrying his team to a top 100 ranking. If that wasn't a one-man Tinkle show then he's really fucking good for putting up those numbers despite not being the sole provider of offense.

Anyways, we already know the answer is the latter because the Thompson brothers are good too. And Tinkle is poised to be the best player in the conference next year. I don't know why you're fighting that so hard.
    He's just dooging extra right now.

I get it, I remember my first multi five star class, I was mostly the same way.

He's inevitably going to be disappointed. Just part of it I guess.
    Multi 5 star class? Are you talking about softball?
    Should we tell him?
    They had another 5 star on the team too

hth

Pondexter was nowhere near the caliber recruit of McDaniels yet alone Stewart. Also Hop can coach hth!
    Caliber. We talking about Caliber?

Pondexter is to McDaniels as:

(A) 38 special to 44 magnum
    (B) 7.62 to .308
    (C) 22 to 9mm
    (D)

2001400ex said:

You mean the one where he crashed his motorcycle, fucked his shoulder up, kept it a secret and ruined his career?

Yes. By last year when he was traded there was enough to connect the dots but there hasn't really been an in depth "what happened to markelle fultz" piece.

Might not be one until "The Process" 30 for 30
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He’s the best player in the country and it’s not even close. It’s like watching a young Kevin Durant. This kid is incredible. We have to get him or we are fucked.

I know this is the CW but he doesn't look nearly as tall or long as KD to me.
    I was right again.

He’s the best player in the country and it’s not even close. It’s like watching a young Kevin Durant. This kid is incredible. We have to get him or we are fucked.

I know this is the CW but he doesn't look nearly as tall or long as KD to me.
    He’s 6”11. KD has spider arms he’s a freak. Jaden plays a lot like him. He’s huge and super smooth.
    LOL
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    So he is gone right...?

Man, what a cool 17 games for UW basketball though.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

So he is gone right...?

Man, what a cool 17 games for UW basketball though.

He's on the bench. Where he should be. Let raquan throw down.