Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Brandon Campbell, 2021 4* RB, Pearland HS, TX, (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Penace said:

We will never beat Texas, A&M, Oklahomo, LSU or any other worth a shit southwest program for recruits. Furthermore we are never going to build any meaningful relationship with HS programs in TX. The truth is to a Texan this place is shit and we are all fags.
    One of the reasons I love Husky football is because we have always had great success with local/ regional kids. I enjoy rooting for kids from WA and CA. I dont give a fuck about Texas and the feeling is mutual.

Funny thing is that the demographics in Texas are massively changing with people coming into the State

Your take is correct for a certain population of the State ... but I don’t find that population consistent with who we are recruiting

Texas will be interesting to watch under Herman ... I’m still not sold on him. TAMU will be doing better with Jimbo but they are much more Houston focused. LSU under O is going to focus heavily on Louisiana and Houston in Texas. Oklahoma is DFW driven but they are expanding nationally.

You could definitely argue that one way to check recruiting expansion for others is to hit them back in their bases. Every kid that Oklahoma gets from Cali in theory means that there is someone in Texas they aren’t getting.

So point being there is room and opportunity.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I’ve heard West Coast schools will be hard pressed to win a Natty vs the SEC schools because of the abundance of recruiting talent in the South

Then I hear that UW recruiting in the South is a waste of time and there’s plenty of West Coast talent to win a Natty

Which one is it?

So what' you're saying is we need more black players....I agree.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

Penace said:

We will never beat Texas, A&M, Oklahomo, LSU or any other worth a shit southwest program for recruits. Furthermore we are never going to build any meaningful relationship with HS programs in TX. The truth is to a Texan this place is shit and we are all fags.
    One of the reasons I love Husky football is because we have always had great success with local/ regional kids. I enjoy rooting for kids from WA and CA. I dont give a fuck about Texas and the feeling is mutual.

Vic and Levi say fuck you
    Levi was between us and Baylor. He wasn't recruited by Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU.

Curne was under the radar when he committed to us. He did get some of those big offers but not until after Huff locked him up.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I’ve heard West Coast schools will be hard pressed to win a Natty vs the SEC schools because of the abundance of recruiting talent in the South

Then I hear that UW recruiting in the South is a waste of time and there’s plenty of West Coast talent to win a Natty

Which one is it?

Strawman and false dilemma.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Recruiting Texas is a necessary strategy for UW going forward

It should never be viewed as s primary source but it will be needed to get 3-5 guys per year at its peak

Sounds great in theory but we had the same theoretical discussion 5 years ago. Since then we've signed 4 guys total out of Texas. Its been a waste of fucking time.

If we need Texas then we need to go all out not this half assed tossing out of offers to kids we've barely talked to and that have 10 other offers anyway. Hire coaches with actual local recruiting ties. At least one for Houston area and at least one for Dallas area.
    We hadn't established ground in Texas 5 years ago and we weren't established as a good program 5 years ago.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    vadawg said:

Tequilla said:

Which one is it?

So what' you're saying is we need more black players....I agree.
    Gawd just shut the fuck up with this shit.

Southern black players, according to you, are more explosive, physical football players than the ones in the west. You never answered my question asking why the southern schools are recruiting the west coast and PNW so hard now. Every commit they take from out here means one less from the superior gene pool right in their back yard.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Which one is it?

Strawman and false dilemma.
    Those are arguments that I’ve heard from different people/groups ...

So not exactly a strawman
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

FirePete said:

Penace said:

Scoring Levi was a big win and an outlier. Curne has yet to prove anything without a clear path to start. He's limited to guard. After Watty, Ale appears to be next in line. Jaws is locked in on the other side.

Is the effort recruiting in Texas worth lessening the time spent recruiting the west coast, at risk of alienating several of the local kids who apparently need further evaluating before Pete decides if they are worthy of offering? MAYBE
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Recruiting Texas is a necessary strategy for UW going forward

It should never be viewed as s primary source but it will be needed to get 3-5 guys per year at its peak

Sounds great in theory but we had the same theoretical discussion 5 years ago. Since then we've signed 4 guys total out of Texas. Its been a waste of fucking time.

If we need Texas then we need to go all out not this half assed tossing out of offers to kids we've barely talked to and that have 10 other offers anyway. Hire coaches with actual local recruiting ties. At least one for Houston area and at least one for Dallas area.
    We hadn't established ground in Texas 5 years ago and we weren't established as a good program 5 years ago.
    What does that mean established ground? What ground have we established?

We actually had two coaches with ties to Texas originally so it actually made more sense.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    The flaws aren't that we are recruiting Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Virginia or any other place that we don't usually draw kids. Flaw number 1 is that our staff spends 80% of their recruiting time evaluating rather than communicating with kids. Flaw number 2 is the recruiting message is more suited to selling parents than 18 year old kids. Those are two major, major impediments that keep you from being a Top 10 recruiter and keeps you from being a serious competitor for a championship.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i thought levi had an offer from michigan
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    whuggy said:

The flaws aren't that we are recruiting Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Virginia or any other place that we don't usually draw kids. Flaw number 1 is that our staff spends 80% of their recruiting time evaluating rather than communicating with kids. Flaw number 2 is the recruiting message is more suited to selling parents than 18 year old kids. Those are two major, major impediments that keep you from being a Top 10 recruiter and keeps you from being a serious competitor for a championship.

Your Flaw #1: Making up random ass numbers.

Your Flaw #2: Not knowing what the fuck you are talking about, but pretending you do.

These could probably be grouped together as one flaw, so I apologize if I made it seem like you have more flaws than you actually do.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

FirePete said:

Penace said:

Levi was between us and Baylor. He wasn't recruited by Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, LSU.

Curne was under the radar when he committed to us. He did get some of those big offers but not until after Huff locked him up.
    UW beat Michigan for Levi. Not Baylor.
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

FirePete said:

Penace said:

UW beat Michigan for Levi. Not Baylor.
    Those were the final 3 but the original point was that we couldn't beat the local powerhouses like Texas, Oklahoma, A&M then WAC chimed in with Levi says fuck you.

Baylor was the only Texas or SEC school involved.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

400K people a year are moving to Texas for predominantly white collar jobs, cant imagine their kids are excited to be there. But I’d also think they’d rather be at other pac-12 schools if they wanted to be back west. Petersen has a culture fit to north Texas burbs, but we’d have to be a consistent playoff team to cash in on it. It’s easier to just focus that energy on California.

Don’t like tExASS strategy.

Love this perspective?fact

Caveat- consistent playoff team.

“Easier to just focus that energy on California.” 👏
  • Options

400K people a year are moving to Texas for predominantly white collar jobs, cant imagine their kids are excited to be there. But I’d also think they’d rather be at other pac-12 schools if they wanted to be back west. Petersen has a culture fit to north Texas burbs, but we’d have to be a consistent playoff team to cash in on it. It’s easier to just focus that energy on California.

Exactly right ... and it’s particularly true for DFW area kids

TCU has never fully capitalized at getting a foothold in the region ... it’s really Oklahoma’s territory and then a free for all after that.