Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Walt is coming for Netflix

2»

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

Local VHS rental stores got killed by Blockbuster. Blockbuster got killed by Netflix. Disney + Hulu + AP killed Neflix.

Standard TV got killed by cable. Netflix killed cable. Disney + Hulu + AP killed Neflix.

Cycle of life and shit.

In other news, Amazon and Disney (which owns most of Hulu btw) will own the entire world soon.

Amazon needs to get on the stick relative to their own content. It's too up and down - good shows like Goliath, then some real shit.

They've kind of latched into some solid Aussie programming, though. Which is nice because aussies like to get naked and are hot.

They’ve got some decent shit for sure. I’m a big fan of The Man in the High Castle
    Haven't been able to get into it. I like the alt history genre, but this is just way to out there for me. Germans nuking DC? Come on - they weren't even close to getting the bomb. We were the only country on Earth with anywhere near the industrial capacity get one built in 3 years time in the midst of fighting a world war.
    You need to level up your suspension of disbelief my friend. I hand waved a lot of the historical details because I find the political intrigue in this world’s post-WWII fascinating. In addition to Rufus Sewell, the actors who play the Japanese trade minister and head of the Kempeitai (secret police) are superb. Plus I’m proud of the show that they actually *give you answers* rather than have some drawn out X-Files/Lost-esque bullshit. It’s not perfect, but I encourage a second look.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doesn’t surprise me. Their original content ain’t cheap to produce, and I’m sure the licensing fees for premier movies must be expensive.

I’ve been wondering for a while how they make money. But what do I know? I would have bought Sear’s stock on @Dennis_DeYoung ’s advice.
    That’s good advice. Word is once their holiday catalogs hit everyone’s mailboxes profits will be going through the roof!
    Payback is a bitch. The Sears mail order catalog was the Amazon of its day. Ask the folks at the general store.
    True dat. I used to love going through the holiday one every year and tear out the pages of what I wanted for Christmas.

Here’s a great archive of some of the past catalogs - some of them are pretty hysterical:

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/
    Pretty sure you tore out page 602

http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/the_man_on_page_602

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

Local VHS rental stores got killed by Blockbuster. Blockbuster got killed by Netflix. Disney + Hulu + AP killed Neflix.

Standard TV got killed by cable. Netflix killed cable. Disney + Hulu + AP killed Neflix.

Cycle of life and shit.

In other news, Amazon and Disney (which owns most of Hulu btw) will own the entire world soon.

Amazon needs to get on the stick relative to their own content. It's too up and down - good shows like Goliath, then some real shit.

They've kind of latched into some solid Aussie programming, though. Which is nice because aussies like to get naked and are hot.

They’ve got some decent shit for sure. I’m a big fan of The Man in the High Castle
    Haven't been able to get into it. I like the alt history genre, but this is just way to out there for me. Germans nuking DC? Come on - they weren't even close to getting the bomb. We were the only country on Earth with anywhere near the industrial capacity get one built in 3 years time in the midst of fighting a world war.
    You need to level up your suspension of disbelief my friend. I hand waved a lot of the historical details because I find the political intrigue in this world’s post-WWII fascinating. In addition to Rufus Sewell, the actors who play the Japanese trade minister and head of the Kempeitai (secret police) are superb. Plus I’m proud of the show that they actually *give you answers* rather than have some drawn out X-Files/Lost-esque bullshit. It’s not perfect, but I encourage a second look.
    You had me until the end. X files rules
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

Cycle of life and shit.

It did until the final seasons. And don’t get me started on that reboot.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

Cycle of life and shit.

It did until the final seasons. And don’t get me started on that reboot.
    The one where he meets the lizard guy was flat out hilarious

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

Cycle of life and shit.

There is a sci-fi component to it, too.