Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Doog Bot's Proprietary Season Wins Probability Distribution Calculator® Way Too Early Prediction

13»

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The reason I don't rail the kicker for Oregon is that I prefer to blame the gutless head coach for being a fucking pussy

Personal preference I guess

I'm with you on that. But I want at least some abundance.

Isn't it every ableist loser kicker's dream to use their legs which god still grants them the use of in some cruel sick joke the creator has played on humanity, to kick winning field goals against rivals?

And he makes the kick where Cristobal calls a TO, then goes back out and misses the next one?

God lets you use your legs, you fucker. Make the fucking kicks.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,074

Henry isn’t good, but it’s really Pete that shrivels up. I think it rubs off. It also rubs off where he’s scared to kick a 35 yarder and goes for it on 4th and 5+. Very few, of any kickers are going to have any confidence when that is the case. You could tell how nervous he was before the missed game winner against Oregon.

That kick made me wonder about icing the kicker. In the NFL icing the kicker statistically helps the kicker out, but I imagine that in college that icing may have its intended effect, especially for kickers with lower confidence, which is definitely every UW kicker since Braunstein
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Travis Coons was solid.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Henry isn’t good, but it’s really Pete that shrivels up. I think it rubs off. It also rubs off where he’s scared to kick a 35 yarder and goes for it on 4th and 5+. Very few, of any kickers are going to have any confidence when that is the case. You could tell how nervous he was before the missed game winner against Oregon.

I agree. But you still have to make the fucking kick.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    Folk was also good
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

That kick made me wonder about icing the kicker. In the NFL icing the kicker statistically helps the kicker out, but I imagine that in college that icing may have its intended effect, especially for kickers with lower confidence, which is definitely every UW kicker since Braunstein
    @kickerCoach true?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019
    Swaye said:

I will be somewhat disappointed with 10-2, but a lot of that depends on who the losses are two and how the games play out. And whether we win the North and the league or not.

9-3 and it's FirePete.com

I'd say that I would be disappointed with 10-2 as well but won't be surprised. 11-1 or 12-0 combined have a 35% likelihood so it's not like we are talking a hope and a prayer. We are unlikely to have this favorable of a schedule again anytime soon and you gotta win em' while you can.

Yes, post season results will affect the success or failure rating of the season. I think winning the North is a "requirement".

9-3 won't make me want to fire Pete but only bc who the fuck else are you getting? Also, it won't happen realistically. I will want some house clearing of coaches though.

Really, talk to me after Cal. Put up 40 and allow 7 and we are going to fuck the Pac12 like a jeep hitting a raccoon. Repeat last years shit stain and TSIO.

If we are going to make fun of Jeeps then I will burn your house wagon down.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam