Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

AOC’s “Colonial approach”..............Yucca instead of Cauliflower

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited May 2019 in Tug Tavern
Ah yes remember the famous Yucca fields of a more environmental Bronx of yesteryear.

No, Sandy’s little ‘word salad’ lecture about the cultural context of cauliflower is not from The Onion.
No justice, no peas! Or something.

https://tammybruce.com/2019/05/ocasio-cortez-calls-for-end-to-colonial-approach-to-growing-cauliflower.html

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "and that is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them,”….

Communities of color are resistant because they know they can run down to the local bodega and grab whatever the fuck they need for a couple bucks instead of spending their free time digging around in dirt.

Jesus.

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

"and that is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them,”….

Communities of color are resistant because they know they can run down to the local bodega and grab whatever the fuck they need for a couple bucks instead of spending their free time digging around in dirt.

Jesus.

But but I’ll bet they can’t get Yucca Throbber😁
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Just when I thought AOC was bitching about rent. She's really living rent free.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

You sound embarrassed
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

You sound embarrassed
    It was all photoshopped
    Standard Supporter
    Hey Hondo, do you agree with her about communities of color not being big supporters of environmental initiatives due to colonialism?

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She clings to perpetuating victims like southerners cling to their guns and religion.
    As usual. Bob and his idiots listen to their news source and don't watch the whole quote. They like being lied to.

But no Bob. I don't know why communities of color are resistant to growing yucca instead of cauliflower. But it sounds like you know. So I'd like to hear why you think so in your words.
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    2001400ex said:

As usual. Bob and his idiots listen to their news source and don't watch the whole quote. They like being lied to.

But no Bob. I don't know why communities of color are resistant to growing yucca instead of cauliflower. But it sounds like you know. So I'd like to hear why you think so in your words.

So you’re too big a Kunt to defend what she said and too dishonest to tell us what she really said.

I have no idea why she said what she said Hondo, I’m not a fan of hers and I don’t know what motivates her to say the stupid shit she says. But you are a fan and that’s why I asked you, of course you lied and denied she said what she clearly did say and then dodged like a Kunt the opportunity to defend her statement.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

So you’re too big a Kunt to defend what she said and too dishonest to tell us what she really said.

I have no idea why she said what she said Hondo, I’m not a fan of hers and I don’t know what motivates her to say the stupid shit she says. But you are a fan and that’s why I asked you, of course you lied and denied she said what she clearly did say and then dodged like a Kunt the opportunity to defend her statement.
    Bob, where did I lie? I just said the article took the quote out of context but not including the whole thing. Which you have to get by watching the video. Pay particular attention to what she said just before and after the quote in the article.

You truly are the dumbest shitdick I've argued with in my life.

That being said, you clearly think AOC is wrong. So I'd like to hear your thoughts in your words on why communities of color are resistant to growing yucca instead of cauliflower.
    Standard Supporter
    Too big a Kunt to defend his hero
    SFGbob said:

Too big a Kunt to defend his hero

Answer the question Lil lyin Bob.

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob, where did I lie? I just said the article took the quote out of context but not including the whole thing. Which you have to get by watching the video. Pay particular attention to what she said just before and after the quote in the article.

That being said, you clearly think AOC is wrong. So I'd like to hear your thoughts in your words on why communities of color are resistant to growing yucca instead of cauliflower.
    I’m still too upset from learning “committees of color” don’t like to swim.

Is a community of color the same as a colored community? Do they have people of color or colored people?
    Bob. Too ignorant to answer a question or watch the whole quote.

Seriously man. Watch the video for the real perspective of what she said.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Is a community of color the same as a colored community? Do they have people of color or colored people?
    All we know for sure is that colonialism is preventing them from growing yucca, garbage disposals are terrifying, and cow farts are going to end the planet in 12 years.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob?

You really sound embarrassed

And stupid

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob?

And stupid
    Race wants to bag on AOC without watching the video too. Nice work old man. Your mind is made up.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob?

And stupid
    Race wants to bag on AOC without watching the video too. Nice work old man. Your mind is made up.
    Bagging on communists is the national sport for Americans.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob?

And stupid
    You're bagging on her because you're embarrassed

Again

Why so concerned about what we think? You said only 8 people read this board
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WHATS THE REAL PERSPECTIVE?