Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It bears repeating: no excuse for the offense this year

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
A veteran, good OL, 2 elite TEs, and a stable of solid-at-worst RBs should be enough. THAT RIGHT THERE IS ENOUGH TO DOMINATE MOST OF THE SCRUBS IN THIS SHIT CONFERENCE. Allah help us if Eason turns out as good as we hope, or if the WRs emerge. Fuck o' dear.

No excuses this year, Bush.

35+ ppg and no shitty performances. Baseline expectation.

Let's look at every loss we've had in the past three years, hmm what's the most consistent theme

2018 @ Auburn L 16-21
2018 @ Oregon L 27-30 (OT)
2018 @ Cal L 10-12
2018 Ohio State L 23-28
2017 @ ASU L 7-13
2017 @ Stanford L 22-30
2017 Penn State L 28-35
2016 USC L 13-26
2016 Alabama L 7-24

Penn State is a bit misleading as they completely shut Browning down and went up big before pumping the breaks. I can't think of a single win where the offense carried thee defense since arguably the 2015 Heart of Dallas Bowl (LOL).

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It also bears repeating this is Petersen's offense not Hamdans. He's calling the plays but it's in the framework of an offense that no one would consider dynamic. We always circle back to the view that until Pete loosens the reins of his grip on the offense, it will probably underachieve it's potential.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate us? so much.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

It also bears repeating this is Petersen's offense not Hamdans. He's calling the plays but it's in the framework of an offense that no one would consider dynamic. We always circle back to the view that until Pete loosens the reins of his grip on the offense, it will probably underachieve it's potential.

I think the offense can be dynamic and explosive. The problem is nobody can figure out how to run it and call plays so it is. It doesn't help having a limited, pants shitting, scared quarterback and zero play makers outside of your starting running back. Still, Hamdan and Smith both showed it could be done even with limitations. That's what it's designed for.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,529
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    my drinking problem* the last 5 years appears to be all Pete's fault.

*and my shitty drunk poasts
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I would also like us? to give up on all the cutesy trick plays nonsense. I’m sick of hearing announcers talk about the Boise State Statue of Liberty play.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I want to see the offense impose their will and play to destroy teams.

Too often I think they get caught up in "being multiple," looking for schematical weaknesses in defenses, and adjusting to what they're given... Contrast that with our defense, which seems to be more along the lines of "you may know what we're going to do, we know you know what we're going to do, you're still not scoring, fuck you."

Dictate how the game goes on your terms, then go dominate.

I don't care if we run Off Tackle every single fucking play as long as we execute and generate results

I would also like us? to give up on all the cutesy trick plays nonsense. I’m sick of hearing announcers talk about the Boise State Statue of Liberty play.

Can't control what the announcers talk about during the game

By and large, most of the trick plays that we've run over the years have worked quite well.
    Hamden's seat should be very, very hot heading into this year.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Can't control what the announcers talk about during the game

By and large, most of the trick plays that we've run over the years have worked quite well.
    You’re correct no one can control what the announcers talk about, but they do seem to talk about Petersen’s propensity to run them on every damn broadcast. I guess I just wish that was way down the list of things the media would focus on when discussing our program.

And you’re right, the trick plays do seem to work well more often than not (the pass to Drew Sample in the Oregon game springs to mind).
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

that's him doing halftime adjustments
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club
    Bears repeating?

Cal ranked too high
  • McLovinMcLovin Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I want to see the offense impose their will and play to destroy teams.

Too often I think they get caught up in "being multiple," looking for schematical weaknesses in defenses, and adjusting to what they're given... Contrast that with our defense, which seems to be more along the lines of "you may know what we're going to do, we know you know what we're going to do, you're still not scoring, fuck you."

Dictate how the game goes on your terms, then go dominate.

In other words, take our game plan for the Apple Cup each year, and run that every game.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Stones u dont get it. Gaskin made yards. Ahmed does not. Bbk made tackles...Manu does not. 4 nfl db draft picks blanketed receivers and made stops..all new accross board. Aside from #95...nobody is proven on DL. Fuck your OFFENSE. have to stop people in this 10-deep league to win. Its not a 2-team big12, 1-team ACC league.

You just show how ignorant you really are. Well 99% of u tards are the same so ho hum. Who picked 11-1? Remember, good luck stuffing run ...and pass. ASU is going to be 1 of many big tests for UW. Herm is salivating. He'll have a nasty D in the desert.

Yella, UW would be 11-1 in ACC, 10-2 in the big12 if that means anything buddy. Not in the pac12
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race i can see u protesting as a 50 year old loon, alongside 17 year old antifa dipshits. One thing it tells me is youre really poor, angry and pissed at capitalists maybe you should have majored in finance and not graphic arts? Dont take it out on smart, savvy people who studied instead of wasting their college years posting leftist propoganda on your community college cafeteria cork boards 16 hours a day. Liberal arts does allow you that extra time where studying is optional

Buckle down, never too late to start a 401 Race.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Stones u dont get it. Gaskin made yards. Ahmed does not. Bbk made tackles...Manu does not. 4 nfl db draft picks blanketed receivers and made stops..all new accross board. Aside from #95...nobody is proven on DL. Fuck your OFFENSE. have to stop people in this 10-deep league to win. Its not a 2-team big12, 1-team ACC league.

You just show how ignorant you really are. Well 99% of u tards are the same so ho hum. Who picked 11-1? Remember, good luck stuffing run ...and pass. ASU is going to be 1 of many big tests for UW. Herm is salivating. He'll have a nasty D in the desert.

Yella, UW would be 11-1 in ACC, 10-2 in the big12 if that means anything buddy. Not in the pac12

We don’t play ASU this year, but anyways.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    Baseman said:

Thank God. Certain death. Sneaky south pick. They find a qb lookout. Stay tuned for Pups fall predictions...get vegas on speed dial. Will Veto Pumpelli pick ASU in south? Stand buy
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Thank God. Certain death. Sneaky south pick. They find a qb lookout. Stay tuned for Pups fall predictions...get vegas on speed dial. Will Veto Pumpelli pick ASU in south? Stand buy
    Dipshit!
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

The syphilis has done wonders for the content