Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laid up after surgery and rewatching the Rose Bowl....

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Not kidding you, I had this: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/aftercareinformation/pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=ug5522

If you want to be haunted in your dreams for the next week try searching for "hydrocelectomy" on youtube.

Anyways, the thing that was so doubly fucking stupid about running our offense was that JAKE FUCKING BROWNING was our QB. I'm not even done with the first half and there have to be close to 10 plays where receivers are getting lit up as soon as the ball flutters into their hands because it took fucking forever to get there. If you want to run this gadgety/timing/quick-throw offense then run it with a guy whose arm can actually get the ball there before the defense does. Or better yet, just don't run a bullshit gadgety offense.

And man I am so glad we don't have to see Jake's Eeyore ass anymore. I've never seen a guy ooze shit-headedness like Jake. Not only will Skinny be a more talented QB but players won't want to slit his throat which has to count for something.

I'm firmly into the early-offseason, delusional, expectation-inflating phase of the spring. We're only in May and I'm already talking myself in Andrea Baccellia and Aaron Fuller having breakout senior years and McGrew being the real deal "Great White Hope" that we all so desperately want him to be.

Hydrocelectomy is surgery to remove a hydrocele. A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac inside the scrotum. A hydrocele can happen on one or both sides of the scrotum. The doctor made a very small cut (incision) in your scrotum to drain the fluid from the hydrocele and to remove the fluid-filled sac.

This surgery was done to remove the fluid and to stop the buildup of fluid in the scrotum.

After your surgery, you may feel more tired than usual and have some mild groin pain for several days. Your groin and scrotum may be swollen or bruised. This usually gets better in 2 to 3 weeks.

You will probably be able to go back to work or school 4 to 7 days after surgery. But you will need to avoid strenuous exercise or heavy lifting for 2 to 4 weeks.

This care sheet gives you a general idea about how long it will take for you to recover. But each person recovers at a different pace. Follow the steps below to get better as quickly as possible.

How can you care for yourself at home?
    Activity

Rest when you feel tired. Getting enough sleep will help you recover.
    Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. Walking boosts blood flow and helps prevent pneumonia and constipation.
    You may shower 24 hours after surgery, if your doctor says it is okay. Pat the cut (incision) dry. Do not take a bath for the first week, or until your doctor tells you it is okay.
    You may return to work or school when you are ready. This is usually in about 4 to 7 days.
    Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay.
    For 2 to 4 weeks, avoid lifting anything that would make you strain. This may include heavy grocery bags and milk containers, a heavy briefcase or backpack, cat litter or dog food bags, a vacuum cleaner, or a child.
    Diet

You can eat your normal diet. If your stomach is upset, try bland, low-fat foods like plain rice, broiled chicken, toast, and yogurt.
    Drink plenty of fluids to avoid becoming dehydrated.
    You may notice that your bowel movements are not regular right after your surgery. This is common. Try to avoid constipation and straining with bowel movements. You may want to take a fibre supplement every day. If you have not had a bowel movement after a couple of days, ask your doctor about taking a mild laxative.
    Medicines

Your doctor will tell you if and when you can restart your medicines. He or she will also give you instructions about taking any new medicines.
    If you take blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin), clopidogrel (Plavix), or aspirin, be sure to talk to your doctor. He or she will tell you if and when to start taking those medicines again. Make sure that you understand exactly what your doctor wants you to do.
    Take pain medicines exactly as directed.
    If the doctor gave you a prescription medicine for pain, take it as prescribed.
    If you are not taking a prescription pain medicine, ask your doctor if you can take an over-the-counter medicine.
    If you think pain medicine is making you sick to your stomach:
    Take your medicine after meals (unless the doctor has told you not to).
    Ask your doctor for a different pain medicine.
    If your doctor prescribed antibiotics, take them as directed. Do not stop taking them just because you feel better. You need to take the full course of antibiotics.
    Incision care

If you have strips of tape on the cut (incision) the doctor made, leave the tape on for a week or until it falls off.
    Wash the area daily with warm, soapy water, and pat it dry. Don't use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, which can slow healing. You may cover the area with a gauze bandage if it weeps or rubs against clothing. Change the bandage every day.
    Keep the area clean and dry.
    Follow-up care is a key part of your treatment and safety. Be sure to make and go to all appointments, and call your doctor or nurse call line if you are having problems. It's also a good idea to know your test results and keep a list of the medicines you take.

When should you call for help?

Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:

You passed out (lost consciousness).
    You have severe trouble breathing.
    You have sudden chest pain and shortness of breath, or you cough up blood.
    Call your doctor or nurse call line now or seek immediate medical care if:

You are sick to your stomach or cannot keep fluids down.
    You have pain that does not get better after you take pain medicine.
    You have a fever over 38° C.
    You have loose stitches, or your incision comes open.
    Bright red blood has soaked through the bandage over your incision.
    Your scrotum gets more swollen.
    You have signs of infection, such as:
    Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness.
    Red streaks leading from the incision.
    Pus draining from the incision.
    Swollen lymph nodes in your groin, neck, or armpits.
    Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor or nurse call line if you have any problems.

For 24/7 nurse advice and general health information call Health Link at 811.

Current as of: March 20, 2018

Author: Healthwise Staff

Medical Review: Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine & Christopher G. Wood MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not kidding you, I had this: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/aftercareinformation/pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=ug5522

If you want to be haunted in your dreams for the next week try searching for "hydrocelectomy" on youtube.

Anyways, the thing that was so doubly fucking stupid about running our offense was that JAKE FUCKING BROWNING was our QB. I'm not even done with the first half and there have to be close to 10 plays where receivers are getting lit up as soon as the ball flutters into their hands because it took fucking forever to get there. If you want to run this gadgety/timing/quick-throw offense then run it with a guy whose arm can actually get the ball there before the defense does. Or better yet, just don't run a bullshit gadgety offense.

And man I am so glad we don't have to see Jake's Eeyore ass anymore. I've never seen a guy ooze shit-headedness like Jake. Not only will Skinny be a more talented QB but players won't want to slit his throat which has to count for something.

I'm firmly into the early-offseason, delusional, expectation-inflating phase of the spring. We're only in May and I'm already talking myself in Andrea Baccellia and Aaron Fuller having breakout senior years and McGrew being the real deal "Great White Hope" that we all so desperately want him to be.

Hydrocelectomy is surgery to remove a hydrocele. A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac inside the scrotum. A hydrocele can happen on one or both sides of the scrotum. The doctor made a very small cut (incision) in your scrotum to drain the fluid from the hydrocele and to remove the fluid-filled sac.

This surgery was done to remove the fluid and to stop the buildup of fluid in the scrotum.

After your surgery, you may feel more tired than usual and have some mild groin pain for several days. Your groin and scrotum may be swollen or bruised. This usually gets better in 2 to 3 weeks.

You will probably be able to go back to work or school 4 to 7 days after surgery. But you will need to avoid strenuous exercise or heavy lifting for 2 to 4 weeks.

This care sheet gives you a general idea about how long it will take for you to recover. But each person recovers at a different pace. Follow the steps below to get better as quickly as possible.

Activity

Try to walk each day. Start by walking a little more than you did the day before. Bit by bit, increase the amount you walk. Walking boosts blood flow and helps prevent pneumonia and constipation.
    You may shower 24 hours after surgery, if your doctor says it is okay. Pat the cut (incision) dry. Do not take a bath for the first week, or until your doctor tells you it is okay.
    You may return to work or school when you are ready. This is usually in about 4 to 7 days.
    Avoid strenuous activities, such as bicycle riding, jogging, weight lifting, or aerobic exercise, until your doctor says it is okay.
    For 2 to 4 weeks, avoid lifting anything that would make you strain. This may include heavy grocery bags and milk containers, a heavy briefcase or backpack, cat litter or dog food bags, a vacuum cleaner, or a child.
    Diet

You can eat your normal diet. If your stomach is upset, try bland, low-fat foods like plain rice, broiled chicken, toast, and yogurt.
    You may notice that your bowel movements are not regular right after your surgery. This is common. Try to avoid constipation and straining with bowel movements. You may want to take a fibre supplement every day. If you have not had a bowel movement after a couple of days, ask your doctor about taking a mild laxative.
    Medicines

Your doctor will tell you if and when you can restart your medicines. He or she will also give you instructions about taking any new medicines.
    If you take blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin), clopidogrel (Plavix), or aspirin, be sure to talk to your doctor. He or she will tell you if and when to start taking those medicines again. Make sure that you understand exactly what your doctor wants you to do.
    If you are not taking a prescription pain medicine, ask your doctor if you can take an over-the-counter medicine.
    If your doctor prescribed antibiotics, take them as directed. Do not stop taking them just because you feel better. You need to take the full course of antibiotics.
    Incision care

If you have strips of tape on the cut (incision) the doctor made, leave the tape on for a week or until it falls off.
    Wash the area daily with warm, soapy water, and pat it dry. Don't use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, which can slow healing. You may cover the area with a gauze bandage if it weeps or rubs against clothing. Change the bandage every day.
    Follow-up care is a key part of your treatment and safety. Be sure to make and go to all appointments, and call your doctor or nurse call line if you are having problems. It's also a good idea to know your test results and keep a list of the medicines you take.

Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor or nurse call line if you have any problems.

Medical Review: Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine & Christopher G. Wood MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology
    Mods? Filth??
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Have you beat off yet?

If not what’s the turnaround time before you’re back in action?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The last thing I want to do after having a knife stuck into my sack is watch the Wose Bow. It's like doing the literal thing and then following it up with the figurative thing just for fun. Fuck that!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

Meek said:

i had two herniated discs carved out of my lower back in November 2009...while recovering in ICU they removed the catheter while I was awake (fucking hell), but I couldn't piss so they inserted a new catheter while I was awake (this was literally the worst 25 seconds of my life)...anyway, they did give me the good stuff to keep the pain away for a couple weeks. Unfortunately for me, i get nauseous with them so I only took one and decided I'd rather go Tom Berenger from Platoon and "take the pain" for the full recovery.

CSB time. I met @meek in real life around this time at a game and gave him a big bear hug. I think it was a little uncomfortable for him because he just had the surgery.
    i think the hug made me uncomfortable because it was from a dude and in public...remember I was full on Tom Berenger with no narcotics for pain for a couple weeks by then.

actually i had forgotten that moment. LOL. Did I have the cane still at that game? and for the record, i think we met the year before that at Husky Stadium with your wife...remember that incident during the national anthem and the hats? You were a boss! Also, that day Pingdaddy let his kids come to the game in shorts and t-shirts with no jackets and it was cold and windy and wet...first week of December, so not sure what he expected, but hey, i wasn't a dad then so what did I know. I'm positive his kids caught pneumonia that day.

i had actually told my wife that I did some research on discectomy recovery and lots of people are walking around in a day so even thought my surgery was on a Friday morning I had bought tickets for the Cal/Stanford game for the next day.

my wife said i was fucking crazy.

she was right as i didn't even get out of the hospital until sunday night, but i was stuck in bed for about 10 days after that. had to give the tickets away for free - yet another great financial decision by me.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    Watching 2001 Rose bowl on P12 network right now. Unis look great.

Forgot how good Akbar was.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,843
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

What pain pills bruh?

The pills are some weak nonsense. They gave me just 10 pills, of which you can take 1 every 4-6 hours. I then went back on day 2 and told them I was going to burn the place down if I didn't get more of something stronger... they then gave me 20 of the same pill which is some shit mixed with aspirin. I can't be up off the couch for more than 5 minutes without being in significant pain and these a-holes gave me TEN FUCKING PILLS after the surgery like that was going to do anything for me.
    Kratom. Don’t over dose though.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,843
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

What pain pills bruh?

The pills are some weak nonsense. They gave me just 10 pills, of which you can take 1 every 4-6 hours. I then went back on day 2 and told them I was going to burn the place down if I didn't get more of something stronger... they then gave me 20 of the same pill which is some shit mixed with aspirin. I can't be up off the couch for more than 5 minutes without being in significant pain and these a-holes gave me TEN FUCKING PILLS after the surgery like that was going to do anything for me.
    I’m glad I had my major surgery BEFORE the opioid epidemic. Fucking addictive personality junkies fucked it up for everyone else.
    Hurtful yella, hurtful.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782
    T&Ps for your scrotum.

Activity

Diet

Medicines

Incision care

If you’re going to bash fluid filled scrotums, I’m out.