Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Laid up after surgery and rewatching the Rose Bowl....

Not kidding you, I had this: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/aftercareinformation/pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=ug5522

If you want to be haunted in your dreams for the next week try searching for "hydrocelectomy" on youtube.

Anyways, the thing that was so doubly fucking stupid about running our offense was that JAKE FUCKING BROWNING was our QB. I'm not even done with the first half and there have to be close to 10 plays where receivers are getting lit up as soon as the ball flutters into their hands because it took fucking forever to get there. If you want to run this gadgety/timing/quick-throw offense then run it with a guy whose arm can actually get the ball there before the defense does. Or better yet, just don't run a bullshit gadgety offense.

And man I am so glad we don't have to see Jake's Eeyore ass anymore. I've never seen a guy ooze shit-headedness like Jake. Not only will Skinny be a more talented QB but players won't want to slit his throat which has to count for something.

I'm firmly into the early-offseason, delusional, expectation-inflating phase of the spring. We're only in May and I'm already talking myself in Andrea Baccellia and Aaron Fuller having breakout senior years and McGrew being the real deal "Great White Hope" that we all so desperately want him to be.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

What pain pills bruh?

Ha! Spoken like one who's spent some time with the trainer... No acetaminophen. Just 10mgs of the good stuff for Em if my shoulder or hip are dangling.
    Nah. Never missed a race or day of practice in years at UW. But I almost lost my casting arm in a horrific ski crash in Utah 7 years back.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

MisterEm said:

What pain pills bruh?

Ha! Spoken like one who's spent some time with the trainer... No acetaminophen. Just 10mgs of the good stuff for Em if my shoulder or hip are dangling.
    Nah. Never missed a race or day of practice in years at UW. But I almost lost my casting arm in a horrific ski crash in Utah 7 years back.
    Showed up hurt freshman fall and had two further bankhart repairs as an SA. They took great care of us for part and non schollie kids. You just had to show up for your PT appts...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What pain pills bruh?

The pills are some weak nonsense. They gave me just 10 pills, of which you can take 1 every 4-6 hours. I then went back on day 2 and told them I was going to burn the place down if I didn't get more of something stronger... they then gave me 20 of the same pill which is some shit mixed with aspirin. I can't be up off the couch for more than 5 minutes without being in significant pain and these a-holes gave me TEN FUCKING PILLS after the surgery like that was going to do anything for me.
    I’m glad I had my major surgery BEFORE the opioid epidemic. Fucking addictive personality junkies fucked it up for everyone else.
    This is true. I've had a lot of dental work and they stopped giving the good stuff for that too

Everyone is afraid of getting sued now
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What pain pills bruh?

The pills are some weak nonsense. They gave me just 10 pills, of which you can take 1 every 4-6 hours. I then went back on day 2 and told them I was going to burn the place down if I didn't get more of something stronger... they then gave me 20 of the same pill which is some shit mixed with aspirin. I can't be up off the couch for more than 5 minutes without being in significant pain and these a-holes gave me TEN FUCKING PILLS after the surgery like that was going to do anything for me.
    I’m glad I had my major surgery BEFORE the opioid epidemic. Fucking addictive personality junkies fucked it up for everyone else.
    This is true. I've had a lot of dental work and they stopped giving the good stuff for that too

Everyone is afraid of getting sued now
    I blame @creepycoug
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,537
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    this thread went from FB to drugs in 3 poasts and did not return to FB. @Stalin see what you have created.

My dentist gives me 20 hydrocodones for major stuff but I have a bum shoulder or two so have a prescription for 20 more that I can refill usually once more a year. Surgery on my hand last year and along with those they gave these little guys that just knock you out. I wish I could remember what they were.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i had two herniated discs carved out of my lower back in November 2009...while recovering in ICU they removed the catheter while I was awake (fucking hell), but I couldn't piss so they inserted a new catheter while I was awake (this was literally the worst 25 seconds of my life)...anyway, they did give me the good stuff to keep the pain away for a couple weeks. Unfortunately for me, i get nauseous with them so I only took one and decided I'd rather go Tom Berenger from Platoon and "take the pain" for the full recovery.

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Ryan Leaf is probably lurking in this topic somewhere.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

i had two herniated discs carved out of my lower back in November 2009...while recovering in ICU they removed the catheter while I was awake (fucking hell), but I couldn't piss so they inserted a new catheter while I was awake (this was literally the worst 25 seconds of my life)...anyway, they did give me the good stuff to keep the pain away for a couple weeks. Unfortunately for me, i get nauseous with them so I only took one and decided I'd rather go Tom Berenger from Platoon and "take the pain" for the full recovery.

Spinal fusion?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    FirePete said:

Meek said:

Spinal fusion?
    no...i think it was planned for a discectomy and then when they got inside it became a double discectomy.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The doctor made a very small cut (incision) in your scrotum to drain the fluid from the hydrocele and to remove the fluid-filled sac.

What the actual fuck. Ts n Ps.