Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With All That Being Said....

13»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FirePete said:

How are sample and dissly all of sudden try hards? Wtf happened

My boy BBK got called a try hard. That's not something that slides.
    It's not as bad as it seems after the fact. The problem is up front, during recruiting. You gotta limit your try-hard types or they'll define your program, win the little games but lose the big ones, and ultimately relegate you to a top 20 program, not a top 5.

But what really matters is where you stand on Haener?
    I don't know how good Haener is because I have seen him play a little against North Dakota and one series against Cal. That being said, I hope Haener only plays in mop-up duty because I'd rather have two years of Eason and four of Huard.
    C+ Arm. C- Head.

Our visual standards have fallen dramatically after 4 years of extreme mediocrity at QB.
    One half of duty as a freshman is not enough for me to make a judgement call on Haener. I've maintained that. He looked great against North Dakota and then had a bad series against Cal. That's it.
    Did you watch the Spring fling? Very, very telling after another year and hundreds of snaps.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

Too many here keep trying to label him a "classic Pete try hard", solely because he's short and white. He's quite the opposite though. He's a gun slinger with decent mobility, subpar accuracy, and absolutely horrible decision making.

BBK was the only successful white ACTUAL try hard we’ve really had. Everyone else has either been a fraud (Brownsocks) or a fuckbag without talent (Haener).

I want to die.
    Off top Nick Harris, Dissly, Myles Bryant, Ezekiel Turner, Littleton and Sample are successful try hards
    Dissly is not a try hard in any sense. He had big time physical characteristics. Sample either.

Too wrapped up in stars. Try hards are guys who have to try harder because they don’t have the physical characteristics.

Bryant and Harris, sure. Littleton is just a normal dude. Same with Turner.

Look at Sample’s combine numbers - no fucking way is he a try hard. Nothing to overcome.

Bryant and Harris are hard nuts to crack, but I would give it to them.

If you have a team full of Dexter Lawrences and Trevor Lawrences, you can have a guy like Renfrow who makes a lot of plays with quickness and smarts (he and Bryant are really similar). However, they can only be successful when they are a change of pace or strategy.

BBK still got washed against tOSU, but he’s truly big time in backside pursuit.

And I’m a guy who can appreciate when a man is great in backside pursuit.
    Just because you're a big dude doesn't mean you can't be a try-hard. I doubt anyone expected Gaines, Sample, and Dissly to be be NFL draft picks based on their high school physical characteristics. Just like BBK, they tried hard and got there. It's weird that you're whittling down the try-hard definition to small white guy so that it only includes BBK.
    What is the common thread about the guys you mentioned... I'm trying to sense it... trying... hmmm... what could it be?
    All these guys in this thready trying to define "try hard" ... are white dudes.

Except for Dennis.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

FirePete said:

It's not as bad as it seems after the fact. The problem is up front, during recruiting. You gotta limit your try-hard types or they'll define your program, win the little games but lose the big ones, and ultimately relegate you to a top 20 program, not a top 5.

I don't know how good Haener is because I have seen him play a little against North Dakota and one series against Cal. That being said, I hope Haener only plays in mop-up duty because I'd rather have two years of Eason and four of Huard.
    C+ Arm. C- Head.

Our visual standards have fallen dramatically after 4 years of extreme mediocrity at QB.
    One half of duty as a freshman is not enough for me to make a judgement call on Haener. I've maintained that. He looked great against North Dakota and then had a bad series against Cal. That's it.
    Did you watch the Spring fling? Very, very telling after another year and hundreds of snaps.
    It's a shitty fuckin' practice, mate. I'm not defending Haener but I'm not attacking him either because I just don't fuckin' know. I'd prefer if he ends up a good backup QB.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

From what I gather a try hard is someone who out performs their recruiting ranking because apparently the only real way to measure the talent of a team is by it's 4/5 star player ratio.

From that perspective, anyone who out works or you know tries hard to improve their abilities is labeled as such.

Dissly 2 star
    Gaines low 3star Boise commit
    BBK low 3 star
    Drew Sample low 3 star

I want every 5 star on the block too, but trying to paint a try hard as a bad thing is bullshit.

• Options

FirePete said:

C+ Arm. C- Head.

He bounced a pass off of the fucking turf.
    Yeah, but it wasn't on purpose, so...
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,552
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    #myHaener, game one starter. Eason starts game 2 finishes out the year undefeated. Next Stop Oakland.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    jecornel said:

#myHaener, game one starter. Eason starts game 2 finishes out the year undefeated. Next Stop Oakland.

That hashtag must die.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,552
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

That hashtag must die.
    after game one it will no longer exist.