Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tosh Baker, 2020 4* OL, Phoenix (Pinnacle), AZ (Offered 1/18/19)

13»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So Gaaaard is a tackle? I thought he was an inside guy.

He's a guaaard
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    For some reason I keep hoping kids will start thinking logically like 40-year old accountants with three kids and a mortgage. I think we've got a chance at Murao IF he's smart enough to realize he's probably best off playing inside and IF he's smart enough to realize that the air raid offense might not be the best place to develop into an NFL guard. The NFL is moving to a passing game, but they still want inside guys who can move people and play low hat football when they need to.

Look at last 10 years of the NFL draft for three notable air raid teams and they've only put three actual interior OL into the NFL (two 4th-rounders and a 5th-rounder) in 10 years.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RealRhino said:

For some reason I keep hoping kids will start thinking logically like 40-year old accountants with three kids and a mortgage. I think we've got a chance at Murao IF he's smart enough to realize he's probably best off playing inside and IF he's smart enough to realize that the air raid offense might not be the best place to develop into an NFL guard. The NFL is moving to a passing game, but they still want inside guys who can move people and play low hat football when they need to.

Look at last 10 years of the NFL draft for three notable air raid teams and they've only put three actual interior OL into the NFL (two 4th-rounders and a 5th-rounder) in 10 years.

Honestly if we are going to blitzkrieg recruits with these long range, NFL aspirations, delayed gratification messages, it would probably be infinitely more beneficial to bombard the parents with it. The kids are much more likely to be receptive if they are hearing it repeated from a parent rather than a coach. It's a great message just not directed particularly well.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sounds like somebody is longing for that offseason natty
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Sounds like somebody is longing for that offseason natty

I want ALL the nattys, is that really too much to ask for?