Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With All That Being Said....

TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Jake Haener fucking sucks.

Finally caught him in that Spring Fling Thing, and he was terrible. I've already seen enough to know his QB IQ is about 30 points too low. Get him out before he ruins the whole QB Room.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Finally caught him in that Spring Fling Thing, and he was terrible. I've already seen enough to know his QB IQ is about 30 points too low. Get him out before he ruins the whole QB Room.

You mean like the NDSU game? ;)
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

You mean like the NDSU game? ;)
    Look at how 4 years of Browning has crippled our standards & expectations at QB.

DAMN YOU BROWNING!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Too many here keep trying to label him a "classic Pete try hard", solely because he's short and white. He's quite the opposite though. He's a gun slinger with decent mobility, subpar accuracy, and absolutely horrible decision making.

BBK was the only successful white ACTUAL try hard we’ve really had. Everyone else has either been a fraud (Brownsocks) or a fuckbag without talent (Haener).

I want to die.
  • Options

Too many here keep trying to label him a "classic Pete try hard", solely because he's short and white. He's quite the opposite though. He's a gun slinger with decent mobility, subpar accuracy, and absolutely horrible decision making.

BBK was the only successful white ACTUAL try hard we’ve really had. Everyone else has either been a fraud (Brownsocks) or a fuckbag without talent (Haener).

I want to die.
    His arm strength isn't there, either, which is why he's straining himself on every throw. The kid just doesn't have IT, in multiple categories. Why is he even here?
  • Options

Who cares? RUN THE FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!

UW ran the football a lot last year and won 10 games. With a quality QB, UW wins 12, rather easily.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

I want to die.
    GMFG, Dissly, Sample, Rapp, Shelton (Coleman).
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Anyone got a link for that spring fling thing? I think it got pulled off the youtubes.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gwad said:

Anyone got a link for that spring fling thing? I think it got pulled off the youtubes.

I gotchu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39Hz0FwweKE
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I want to die.
    Off top Nick Harris, Dissly, Myles Bryant, Ezekiel Turner, Littleton and Sample are successful try hards
    Dissly is not a try hard in any sense. He had big time physical characteristics. Sample either.

Too wrapped up in stars. Try hards are guys who have to try harder because they don’t have the physical characteristics.

Bryant and Harris, sure. Littleton is just a normal dude. Same with Turner.

Look at Sample’s combine numbers - no fucking way is he a try hard. Nothing to overcome.

Bryant and Harris are hard nuts to crack, but I would give it to them.

If you have a team full of Dexter Lawrences and Trevor Lawrences, you can have a guy like Renfrow who makes a lot of plays with quickness and smarts (he and Bryant are really similar). However, they can only be successful when they are a change of pace or strategy.

BBK still got washed against tOSU, but he’s truly big time in backside pursuit.

And I’m a guy who can appreciate when a man is great in backside pursuit.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,019
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

Doogles said:

I want to die.
    Off top Nick Harris, Dissly, Myles Bryant, Ezekiel Turner, Littleton and Sample are successful try hards
    Dissly is not a try hard in any sense. He had big time physical characteristics. Sample either.

Too wrapped up in stars. Try hards are guys who have to try harder because they don’t have the physical characteristics.

Look at Sample’s combine numbers - no fucking way is he a try hard. Nothing to overcome.

If you have a team full of Dexter Lawrences and Trevor Lawrences, you can have a guy like Renfrow who makes a lot of plays with quickness and smarts (he and Bryant are really similar). However, they can only be successful when they are a change of pace or strategy.

Just because you're a big dude doesn't mean you can't be a try-hard. I doubt anyone expected Gaines, Sample, and Dissly to be be NFL draft picks based on their high school physical characteristics. Just like BBK, they tried hard and got there. It's weird that you're whittling down the try-hard definition to small white guy so that it only includes BBK.
  • Options

If BBK is a try hard, how is Gaskin not one?

Like BBK, Gaskin is good because of his smarts, quickness,intelligence, and any other adjective used to describe a try hard. There is nothing that physically jumps out about Gaskin.

Melanin.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If BBK is a try hard, how is Gaskin not one?

Like BBK, Gaskin is good because of his smarts, quickness,intelligence, and any other adjective used to describe a try hard. There is nothing that physically jumps out about Gaskin.

It’s true. For everytime Gaskin made a coed shit themselves, BBK’s presence made a DDY wannabe shit themself.

Same dude, really.
  • Options

Doogles said:

I want to die.

Just because you're a big dude doesn't mean you can't be a try-hard. I doubt anyone expected Gaines, Sample, and Dissly to be be NFL draft picks based on their high school physical characteristics. Just like BBK, they tried hard and got there. It's weird that you're whittling down the try-hard definition to small white guy so that it only includes BBK.
    What is the common thread about the guys you mentioned... I'm trying to sense it... trying... hmmm... what could it be?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

I want to die.

Bryant & Harris are white?