Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls still lists WSU and Oregon

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Most kids have 2 grannies. Oh too...Pete doesnt recruit thugs, academic disasters, kids who wont be locker room guys etc...that philosophy has worked pretty well so far eh?

i think you're mistaking it for dads
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Smalls is a punk.
    Meek said:

Most kids have 2 grannies. Oh too...Pete doesnt recruit thugs, academic disasters, kids who wont be locker room guys etc...that philosophy has worked pretty well so far eh?

i think you're mistaking it for dads
    Or no dads as it were...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's not going to WSU or Oregon. It's a troll job because UW pulled his offer. He's going down South which is ironic. He doesn't know what racism is until he's experienced real Southern racism. Lol if he thinks Nick Saban isn't a racist prick. Using more black people than other schools to further boost your career and personal wealth doesn't mean you're not racist. Saban's a modern plantation owner cycling through black players and tossing them out on their asses when they don't perform up to his standards or they get injured. But sure, Petersen's the one who's a racist.

Speaking on behalf of the souwf, we approve this message.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He's not going to WSU or Oregon. It's a troll job because UW pulled his offer. He's going down South which is ironic. He doesn't know what racism is until he's experienced real Southern racism. Lol if he thinks Nick Saban isn't a racist prick. Using more black people than other schools to further boost your career and personal wealth doesn't mean you're not racist. Saban's a modern plantation owner cycling through black players and tossing them out on their asses when they don't perform up to his standards or they get injured. But sure, Petersen's the one who's a racist.

Agree. He's leaving the racist PNW and its racist institutions for the enlightened South. But once he realizes that Alabama is almost as racist as Seattle and Eugene he'll realize that Miami was the place for him all along.

Don't stay here Smalls. There are no racists in Miami. Just overwhelming love for diversity and a general distrust of people who trace their roots back to Northern Europe and Scandinavia. This place is crawling with thise racist fucks. Just look at how much they mock my Cuban ancestry.

And Youjean is worse. See OBK posts for an example.
  • Options

He just wants a good opportunity for life after football. Seattle clearly doesn’t have much of that but Eugene and Pullman are fantastic networks to be a part of.

Problem with that theory is that Seattle is loaded with bright people from all over. Lots of opportunity but not so much for dumb Swahili and Kinesiology majors with 45 concussions to their name. Not a lot of @haie 's bros from comp sci on th football I'm afraid.

You can get into commercial real estate, car sales and coaching pretty much anywhere, and the cost of living most other places will make life easier.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He just wants a good opportunity for life after football. Seattle clearly doesn’t have much of that but Eugene and Pullman are fantastic networks to be a part of.

Problem with that theory is that Seattle is loaded with bright people from all over. Lots of opportunity but not so much for dumb Swahili and Kinesiology majors with 45 concussions to their name. Not a lot of @haie 's bros from comp sci on th football I'm afraid.

You can get into commercial real estate, car sales and coaching pretty much anywhere, and the cost of living most other places will make life easier.
    Just sell them on something else like applied math or something more general where they could learn some lite programming while at UW. There plenty of tech jobs in the Seattle area for that. Support, design, software sales. Microsoft and Amazon need a lot of different shit.

Get creative. Don't just start crying racism because your program finished 4th in the north. That's what losers do bro.
  • Options
    Applied math.

[laughing like a hyena.gif}

and, lez bee honest: if light programming is what attracts someone, it's not hard to figure out you don't need UW for that. the number of focused "boot camps" for that shit are proliferating. Not just here, but everywhere.

I'm being serious with you . There are two factors that are very real at work here: the amount of work it takes to play D1 football is fucking Yuge - schedule is crazy; and the academic preparedness of the players this thread wants more of is abysmal. I used to tutor at the EOP off Brooklyn, and I'm still involved tangentially with the OMA&D.

If you think we? can fund some super light-weight "this is a computer, this is how it works" program for such players, then have at it.

The bulk of these dudes are headed for professions where they can trade off of their social skills and self-confidence, the latter of which they tend to have in bulk for a few years after playing football at UW ... until they start to realize how little people give a shit.

I ain't flamming here bro. I don't know much, but I know a lot of ex-players. Firefighter, paramedic, cop, warehouse manager, and low-level sales is where most are headed. The bigger names trade off of their name locally for a while.

There are some smarties. Don't twist. But for a lot of them, getting them through with a degree in anything is the goal.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Sad to see how far puppy has fallen.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Just sell them on something else like applied math or something more general where they could learn some lite programming while at UW. There plenty of tech jobs in the Seattle area for that. Support, design, software sales. Microsoft and Amazon need a lot of different shit.

Get creative. Don't just start crying racism because your program finished 4th in the north. That's what losers do bro.
    Applied math.

and, lez bee honest: if light programming is what attracts someone, it's not hard to figure out you don't need UW for that. the number of focused "boot camps" for that shit are proliferating. Not just here, but everywhere.

I'm being serious with you . There are two factors that are very real at work here: the amount of work it takes to play D1 football is fucking Yuge - schedule is crazy; and the academic preparedness of the players this thread wants more of is abysmal. I used to tutor at the EOP off Brooklyn, and I'm still involved tangentially with the OMA&D.

If you think we? can fund some super light-weight "this is a computer, this is how it works" program for such players, then have at it.

The bulk of these dudes are headed for professions where they can trade off on their social skills and self-confidence, which the latter of which they tend to have in bulk for a few years after playing football at UW ... until they start to realize how little people give a shit.

I ain't flamming here bro. I don't know much, but I know a lot of ex-players. Firefighter, paramedic, cop, warehouse manager, and low-level sales is where most are headed. The bigger names trade off of their name locally for a while.

There are some smarties. Don't twist. But for a lot of them, getting them through with a degree in anything is the goal.
    Boot camps are complete trash. Having one little web project to your name where your hand was held the entire time isn't going to get you much. More power to people, but those seem like a scam and I would rather have some real understanding than just a working knowledge of one stack I only worked in for 3 months.

The fuck is wrong with applied math? You don't think someone with that at UW that has learned some basic Go/C# sets themselves up well in Seattle? There is more pressure on developers now than there ever has been to understand and write efficient and secure code.

Again, you trash a UW degree when you have no real comparison having spent your grad time there as well. Had you obtained your JD from Oregon you wouldn't be acting like such a fucking turncoat.

I don't know who's thinking they can only do the jobs you listed after playing football at UW but that isn't true at all. It wouldn't be hard to create an interdisciplinary program that could actually be tailored to the skills and attributes needed to succeed in the Seattle area. Amazon is about e commerce, Microsoft is about business empowerment.

You could create a few different programs and sell it as part of B4L.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    haie said:

haie said:

Applied math.

The bulk of these dudes are headed for professions where they can trade off on their social skills and self-confidence, which the latter of which they tend to have in bulk for a few years after playing football at UW ... until they start to realize how little people give a shit.

Boot camps are complete trash. Having one little web project to your name where your hand was held the entire time isn't going to get you much. More power to people, but those seem like a scam and I would rather have some real understanding than just a working knowledge of one stack I only worked in for 3 months.

The fuck is wrong with applied math? You don't think someone with that at UW that has learned some basic Go/C# sets themselves up well in Seattle? There is more pressure on developers now than there ever has been to understand and write efficient and secure code.

Again, you trash a UW degree when you have no real comparison having spent your grad time there as well. Had you obtained your JD from Oregon you wouldn't be acting like such a fucking turncoat.

I don't know who's thinking they can only do the jobs you listed after playing football at UW but that isn't true at all. It wouldn't be hard to create an interdisciplinary program that could actually be tailored to the skills and attributes needed to succeed in the Seattle area. Amazon is about e commerce, Microsoft is about business empowerment.

Jesus dude. Did you take a breath there typing all that?

I didn't once trash a UW or a UW degree. I know you're a proud alumnus but calm the fuck down. It's like you can't have a rational discussion about it unless it's 1000% go team. Come on. I told you Iwasn't flaming.

Nothing is wrong with Applied math. At. All. It's a bad fit for Divison 1 DB players. Period. It's too hard. I don't think you realize how far down we? To get talent in the door. NCAA minimums are what we are looking at and they are LOW. And amongst those who have ok grades, many of them are built on shit with zero rigor. A good friend of mine is a professor there and he laments to me all the time how often he encounters kids (regular non-athletes) who aren't prepared to be there but built the requiaite 3.7 GPA on a HS garbage curricula. They, the serious athletes, for the most part, are not there to do what you were there to do. Different crowd, different priorities and much different schedule than you or I had.

Your comment about me getting my JD at Oregon makes no sense. I'm proud of what I accomplished and where. There are times I wished I'd grabbed my balls and gone to Penn but it's irrelevant now.

Yeah you can create some programs. I'm not stopping you. But I don't think it'll be a differentiator. If having your school jump up in the rankings were helpful for football Cal would rule the conference with Stanford and UCLA. Cal is the most well respected public institution in the world. They practically invented chemistry there.

The kids who play at Bama DRGAF about all that.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

haie said:

haie said:

Applied math.

Jesus dude. Did you take a breath there typing all that?

I didn't once trash a UW or a UW degree. I know you're a proud alumnus but calm the fuck down. It's like you can't have a rational discussion about it unless it's 1000% go team. Come on. I told you Iwasn't flaming.

Nothing is wrong with Applied math. At. All. It's a bad fit for Divison 1 DB players. Period. It's too hard. I don't think you realize how far down we? To get talent in the door. NCAA minimums are what we are looking at and they are LOW. And amongst those who have ok grades, many of them are built on shit with zero rigor. A good friend of mine is a professor there and he laments to me all the time how often he encounters kids (regular non-athletes) who aren't prepared to be there but built the requiaite 3.7 GPA on a HS garbage curricula. They, the serious athletes, for the most part, are not there to do what you were there to do. Different crowd, different priorities and much different schedule than you or I had.

Your comment about me getting my JD at Oregon makes no sense. I'm proud of what I accomplished and where. There are times I wished I'd grabbed my balls and gone to Penn but it's irrelevant now.

Yeah you can create some programs. I'm not stopping you. But I don't think it'll be a differentiator. If having your school jump up in the rankings were helpful for football Cal would rule the conference with Stanford and UCLA. Cal is the most well respected public institution in the world. They practically invented chemistry there.

The kids who play at Bama DRGAF about all that.
    Maff is hard. Story of my life in poverty.

Cal invented the bomb. How ironic is that?
  • Options
    When you really dig down into it, a lot of big shit was a first at Berkeley. It's a pretty historic place.

Still, Cal too high.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

When you really dig down into it, a lot of big shit was a first at Berkeley. It's a pretty historic place.

Still, Cal too high.

Now I am become death, the destroyer of Cal!

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Still, Cal too high.

Nothing special IMO
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I believe he mentioned he wants to get to the league in three years with a degree. What's three more years in Seattle when you become a multimillionaire in Miami or Glendale Arizona?

You will experience being away from home when you traveling with the Dolphins or Browns.

Plus your parents are a short drive from home to watch you play in college.

But UW ain't Clemson. Every week your fans are raving lunatics and your coach likes to have fun.