Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's sad when btp is the voice of reason.

Many people find great clarity right before death.

#BTPMcDanielsDeathWatch
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

#BTPMcDanielsDeathWatch
    Jaden choosing Kentucky is going to send BTP into a tailspin this board has never seen (Dennis's monthly choice of rants notwithstanding).
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

#BTPMcDanielsDeathWatch
    He’s gone.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

As many of you seem like the glory hole types I'm gonna assume you know there's an AIDS vaccine or something now. I really wish I had that before reading through all of this.

I'll fucking repeat myself: no one thinks Petersman is racist. People think his recruiting system may be having an unintentional disparate impact. It's a short leap from that to young black men thinking there is discrimination. Perception > reality.

But what is reality? How many black, not Poly/mixed, players did Washington sign in 2019 and 2018? I'm not going to nitpick people's race based on their picture, but feel free to do so. I can tell you the ratio is way off for a typical P-5 team.

The 'OKG is racist' thing wasn't invented in this thread. It's been around for a while, Oregon fans haven't been shy about spreading it and recruits are aware.

But it's a Poly shift! They aren't white and they are the beneficiaries! Except that doesn't fucking matter. Fortune500 companies spend millions each year to make sure their policies, no matter how well intentioned, aren't having a disparate impact on their hiring and promotion strategies. A public university giving out scholarships is under the same obligation.

As for demographics: you're not building a team based on the demographics of your region. If that was the case then USC and UCLA would have a Los in front of their name. It would also mean that half of Washington's population is Poly.

Exactly. I posted the numbers.

But PGOS wants it both ways:

He wants UW to benefit from the Poly Movement.

and

Pretend that doesn't mean less black players.

He just keeps repeating his unsourced assertion that UW's roster makeup is the same as the rest of the conference even though we are all aware there has been a major shift in the last two classes towards Poly players.

I don't want it both ways...I want UW to get the best players it can. And we just signed the highest ranked classes in our programs history so something seems to be working.

If you can't see how your take is a bad look for the program I can't help you.
    There are trade offs in life. We are now experiencing a potential downside to our recruiting strategy. That doesn't mean that we need to completely abandon OKG, Built For Life, Poly Movement, etc but maybe lets try to keep improving it.

One of the difficulties I've noticed you seem to have in following recruiting is that it is always forward looking.

We signed an awesome class last year- great. Now what are we doing to maintain that level or improve? Because you better believe our rivals noticed and our coming up with new strategies (see the rumors that started this thread.)

Its early but 2020 is not off to a great start.
    Well said
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Pete just needs to do what the youth of America does - have all the FB players identify as black black guys from the ghetto -problem solved?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Y'all need some peer review in your life.

Sensitive sallies up in here.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2019

jecornel said:

Well, smalls read this thread and has decided not to go to Washington. Way to go guys.

I blame the recruiting board unholy white "woke" trinity of DDY, Norwegian, and Troll.
    Yeah, I'm sure if he actually did read this site that his issue would be with the people who agree with him, and not the people like you and Damone who think black people aren't up to Petersen's standards.
    I know they are up to Peterson standards. It’s idiots like you who suggest OKG is racist. You racists prick. Leave!

jecornel said:

Well, smalls read this thread and has decided not to go to Washington. Way to go guys.

I blame the recruiting board unholy white "woke" trinity of DDY, Norwegian, and Troll.
    Yeah, I'm sure if he actually did read this site that his issue would be with the people who agree with him, and not the people like you and Damone who think black people aren't up to Petersen's standards.

Mental illness.
    Fuck off.

Both of you can fucking blow me. You were both in the recruiting thread acting like Smalls doesn't fit the OKG criteria when he does. Drink bleach.
    Do we? think Petersen is going to give up or keep trying. I agree that Smalls is a good fit for UW even if he has been convinced otherwise for now

Recruiting is about not giving up IMO
    Give up Pete.

Because I have a much better idea than Oregon or Washington, both raysiss institutions to the core.

One word: Miami.

There's no OKG shit down Gables my fren. Trust me on that. Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be.

• Options
    TripleRainbowDawgTripleRainbowDawg Member Posts: 76
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    I get that, in theory and in practice, "OKG" as a high-level recruiting strategy/theme has potential downsides and does not have universal appeal to every potential recruit that UW may want. But what possible high-level strategy as practiced at any U would have universal appeal? At least some touted prospects will find the high-level theme/strategy of Bama, Clemson, tOSU etc to be less appealing for whatever combination of personal preferences. There's no accounting for every future recruit's preferences. What we do know is that OKG, for better or worse, has been in effect as UW has been leveling up steadily, culminating in the highest-rated class in UW history (or since the late 80's). Why should UW make a top-down change to OKG just to respond to anonmyously/vaguely reported accounts of a new form of bad-faith negative recruiting that has maybe spoiled its chances with one epic recruit (again, as vaguely/anonymously reported and contrary to his OTR account)?