Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm glad the wokest and most progressive of our fans are perpetuating the myth that our program is somehow excluding black people with 2 black parents. Not mixed black people, not black people with African parents, but only black people from black American families. How long does Ngata or Onwuzerikes or Ulofoshios family have to be in the US for in order to cross into the "black, black" not "african black" subgenre? Or do they have an African last name so it doesnt count? No one knows except the wokest of the woke among us.

The entire premise is so fucking flawed I feel like Im taking crazy pills. We have white coaches, 3 black coaches, 2 poly coaches, and a middle eastern looking coach. We have probably the most diverse roster of players in the country. We had a Chinese all american play safety for us. Our other safety was black and filipino.

This whole thread is a black eye for the program that is based on a fucking lie. It actually pisses me off. We have a player's mom saying youre full of shit. We have black NFL players that love the program and actively recruit for it on twitter.

DDY is entitled to his opinions, but he seems to be someone who only sees color while mocking those who think people should be judged on merit and character....

Nuke this fucking thread

I love the 'black people are all the same so I don't get what's with all the racism accusations' argument. It's amazing.

No one has said anything close to this. Nice try?
    Wait, I thought Nigerians and the decedents of slaves are the same?!?!! NO!?!?! But they ALL HAVE BLACK SKIN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't the one drop rule around any more?!!? What is going on?!?! I'm losing my bearings!!

I love watching white people so confused because they have absolutely no clue about entry-level experiences in black culture and are like 'IT FEELZ LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!'

Yeah, I wonder why! lololol

Keep going guys, you are doing super well.
    Are mixed black people not descendants of slaves, too? You seem to have an issue with mixed players. Im trying to keep up with your logic. You see, almost all descendants of slaves from hundreds of years ago have some white ancestry.

What percentage of white ancestry makes you mixed versus black? Do you just judge by shade of skin? Answer the fucking question.

This can't be a real question, can it? lololololol

Keep firing away your questions on 'ask a black man'! There are no stupid questions. Keep 'em coming and I will gather them all and answer all at once.

You guys will be jiving with the homeboys in no time!
    You're a fucking nutcase.
    It really is nonstop laughs watching white people try to understand this and then get flustered that their perspective is not seen as the defining one.

Sorry man. I do love you. I don't think you're a racist. It's not your fault - I mean that from my heart. But man, it's funny as shit.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,149
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I'm glad the wokest and most progressive of our fans are perpetuating the myth that our program is somehow excluding black people with 2 black parents. Not mixed black people, not black people with African parents, but only black people from black American families. How long does Ngata or Onwuzerikes or Ulofoshios family have to be in the US for in order to cross into the "black, black" not "african black" subgenre? Or do they have an African last name so it doesnt count? No one knows except the wokest of the woke among us.

The entire premise is so fucking flawed I feel like Im taking crazy pills. We have white coaches, 3 black coaches, 2 poly coaches, and a middle eastern looking coach. We have probably the most diverse roster of players in the country. We had a Chinese all american play safety for us. Our other safety was black and filipino.

This whole thread is a black eye for the program that is based on a fucking lie. It actually pisses me off. We have a player's mom saying youre full of shit. We have black NFL players that love the program and actively recruit for it on twitter.

DDY is entitled to his opinions, but he seems to be someone who only sees color while mocking those who think people should be judged on merit and character....

Nuke this fucking thread

I love the 'black people are all the same so I don't get what's with all the racism accusations' argument. It's amazing.

Wait, I thought Nigerians and the decedents of slaves are the same?!?!! NO!?!?! But they ALL HAVE BLACK SKIN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't the one drop rule around any more?!!? What is going on?!?! I'm losing my bearings!!

I love watching white people so confused because they have absolutely no clue about entry-level experiences in black culture and are like 'IT FEELZ LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!'

Are mixed black people not descendants of slaves, too? You seem to have an issue with mixed players. Im trying to keep up with your logic. You see, almost all descendants of slaves from hundreds of years ago have some white ancestry.

What percentage of white ancestry makes you mixed versus black? Do you just judge by shade of skin? Answer the fucking question.

Keep firing away your questions on 'ask a black man'! There are no stupid questions. Keep 'em coming and I will gather them all and answer all at once.

Man, I disagreed when you said that the Sierras were not comparable to the Cascades, but I wholeheartedly agree with you here. I feel like I'm in Psychoville and DDY is the mayor.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

Nuke this fucking thread

It really is nonstop laughs watching white people try to understand this and then get flustered that their perspective is not seen as the defining one.

Sorry man. I do love you. I don't think you're a racist. It's not your fault - I mean that from my heart. But man, it's funny as shit.

Im trying to be as woke as you are, but your arguments haven't made much sense so I'm having trouble buying in. Im really concerned that UW hasnt had an openly gay player yet under coach Pete...why is he running a homophobic program?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    The thread is a bruised eye for Oregon football.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I hate this place
  • Options

Nuke this fucking thread

Im trying to be as woke as you are, but your arguments haven't made much sense so I'm having trouble buying in. Im really concerned that UW hasnt had an openly gay player yet under coach Pete...why is he running a homophobic program?
    Great analogy. Super job. You are killing it with this.

I think you are right PGOS - and like I said - and I want to be completely serious about this even though it sounds like I'm joking...

1. I don't think anyone in this is a racist in the sense of like 'wants bad outcomes for black people and believes them to be inferior based on melanin count'. Let's be clear that there are many people and have been many people in the world like that. None of you guys are like that.

2. You and me disagree a lot, but I enjoy you and I'm not trying to be a dick.

3. You are right when you say the issue is the premises. Imagine if an alien fell to earth and was like 'how the fuck do you have an athletic team that attracts more attention than the educational system it represents?' - you would be like, 'i see that, definitely. but to understand this issue you have to really understand the history and the culture of the US to get why it's like this and why even really reasonable people care so passionately about college sports - which - admittedly doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it' ; This is very similar to this debate. On both sides there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the history and culture that developed it and trying to bridge that without shared premises and understanding is very difficult.

It's still funny to watch though, because white people are so used to having the 'important' perspective that they absolutely go nuts when their perspective isn't valued as the defining one. It's just a subtle aspect of being white in America, but this is why we are here.

You guys are all rad.

I don't know what to tell you. Watch School Daze maybe?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Nuke this fucking thread

I think you are right PGOS - and like I said - and I want to be completely serious about this even though it sounds like I'm joking...

1. I don't think anyone in this is a racist in the sense of like 'wants bad outcomes for black people and believes them to be inferior based on melanin count'. Let's be clear that there are many people and have been many people in the world like that. None of you guys are like that.

3. You are right when you say the issue is the premises. Imagine if an alien fell to earth and was like 'how the fuck do you have an athletic team that attracts more attention than the educational system it represents?' - you would be like, 'i see that, definitely. but to understand this issue you have to really understand the history and the culture of the US to get why it's like this and why even really reasonable people care so passionately about college sports - which - admittedly doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it' ; This is very similar to this debate. On both sides there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the history and culture that developed it and trying to bridge that without shared premises and understanding is very difficult.

It's still funny to watch though, because white people are so used to having the 'important' perspective that they absolutely go nuts when their perspective isn't valued as the defining one. It's just a subtle aspect of being white in America, but this is why we are here.

You guys are all rad.

Listen man, I understand what youre saying. I get you think UW is not embracing certain cultures the way it is embracing, say, Polynesian culture due to our whopping 10 polynesian receuits. You think it is coming at a cost for black players in this program.

I just don't agree with you. I think our recruiting almost exaclty mirrors the demographics of west coast athletes.
  • Options

Nuke this fucking thread

You guys are all rad.

Listen man, I understand what youre saying. I get you think UW is not embracing certain cultures the way it is embracing, say, Polynesian culture due to our whopping 10 polynesian receuits. You think it is coming at a cost for black players in this program.

I just don't agree with you. I think our recruiting almost exaclty mirrors the demographics of west coast athletes.
    Cat, tail, chase.

I wish white people understood, but...
  • Options
    Founders Club

Nuke this fucking thread

You guys are all rad.

Cat, tail, chase.

Can you at least answer why the SEC has more black players that had 2 black parents?
  • Options

Nuke this fucking thread

You guys are all rad.

Cat, tail, chase.

Can you at least answer why the SEC has more black players that had 2 black parents?
    Slavery.
  • Options

White people probably did decide 40 years ago to come up with the lame African American moniker to describe all Black Americans so it is their fault. We are seeing today that Blacks do differentiate between slave ancestry and not. It may seem meaningless to me but who am I to judge? It probably is meaningless from a football standpoint. And that is my area of expertise as we all know.

When I watch the NBA I wonder why we have to off shore our film room gritty gutty coaches sons to play in the league. The best white players are not from America anymore

Maybe our whole culture is too soft for big time sports

I do know UW has a legacy that is easy to recruit against and other schools do. Its a sad day when southern schools are more open that a west coast school. Dabo may look like an idiot in the locker room but watch the players. They respond.

This isn't a fucking clinic, its a game. UW does not look like they have fun. They play tight. They play white. They make it easy for Eugene cock suckers to move in and cause trouble.

Pete hasn't earned enough big wins to get a pass on obvious issues. Fix them

This.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Nuke this fucking thread

You guys are all rad.

Cat, tail, chase.

Slavery.
    Youre right, in a sense. Statistically there are 10 times more black people living in those states.

Don't you think that is a huge factor? Oregon has recruiting ties to the south. UW has none.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

White people probably did decide 40 years ago to come up with the lame African American moniker to describe all Black Americans so it is their fault. We are seeing today that Blacks do differentiate between slave ancestry and not. It may seem meaningless to me but who am I to judge? It probably is meaningless from a football standpoint. And that is my area of expertise as we all know.

When I watch the NBA I wonder why we have to off shore our film room gritty gutty coaches sons to play in the league. The best white players are not from America anymore

Maybe our whole culture is too soft for big time sports

I do know UW has a legacy that is easy to recruit against and other schools do. Its a sad day when southern schools are more open that a west coast school. Dabo may look like an idiot in the locker room but watch the players. They respond.

This isn't a fucking clinic, its a game. UW does not look like they have fun. They play tight. They play white. They make it easy for Eugene cock suckers to move in and cause trouble.

Pete hasn't earned enough big wins to get a pass on obvious issues. Fix them

This.
    Yep.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Nuke this fucking thread

Pressing
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm not sure what's happening here but it sounds like we need a Victory and Ruins Part Deux.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

So to my surprise if you google okg is racist, This fucking thread pops up first. Dumb fucks. These kids know how to use the interwebs.

@DerekJohnson you should have this thread unindexed with google. Call me paranoid.

You are forgetting the fact that Oregon is saying the UW football program is a elitist/racist program.

Don't put your head in the sand.

The most coveted class in state history is upon this program. It will be a blood bath.

Also, Derek scores so many points for the continuation of this discussion.

It's clear many are triggered by the topic.
    I’m not forgetting shit man.

If you’re a teenager and you hear this shit, chances are you either believe it or don’t OR try and see if there’s any truth to it.

So you ask around other recruits, which creates some super negative recruiting, and or you jump on the interwebs to see if you can find anything.

“Oh, HH, seems innocent, let me read this.”

We. fucked.
    Hey dirty south doog. Wake up buddy. This all started at doogman. If you aren't aware their site is dedicated to recruiting. You probably have no idea who Gee Scott is.
    You’re missing much here, buddy.

My contribution was based on the googles showing this thread as numero uno. The premise, though partial satire, was built around that.

Not a doog, just another bi-polar HH poster who has given up on life but enjoys TBSing.

I was at doogman and could only handle so much bullshit and true Stalin like behaviors before i decided to come to the Under belly of udub football.

Gee Scott the car washer or gee Scott the top 5 nationally ranked WR?

Do better.
    Hey bud. This topic has been going pn long before HH. This isn't new. You clearly have an interest in the topic as do many others. Because it comes up on Google isn't going to change anything. No athlete is going to make a decision on going to UW because of a forum. LOL.

The thread is massive at doogman.

Had Scott Jr. been offered he was coming to UW. UW didn't offer and some are butt hurt about it.

Have you noticed UW's class? Some of the stuff on the recruiting board here directly written about a player is RUTHLESS. Look at all the crap written about Puka. Insane shit.
    I do! Though I think we can agree to disagree about the significance, or lack there of, with this thread appearing on da googles. The point of this ranking, kids talking, etc is just additional fuel to the fire OR (another stupid analogy with combustibles) where there’s smoke there’s fire. I’m not so naive as to think a message board would influence a teenager. However, it would be naive to NOT think that a number of contributing factors, potentially including a message board, would not sway a decision. Multiple factors as Jacobs dad(s) states.

I’ll have to take a gander at the doogman thread you mention.

I hate gee as much as the next guy. I also wish peterman would get over himself and quit being so fucking stubborn and offer jr. won’t happen though. I had to block Sr from twitter because my responses to him could’ve potentially got me in trouble. It because I’m an OKG-R but because comparing him to a female dog, my wife, and other single cell organisms would be very easy.

I think for the most part we take a similar stance on things. (See Ballz, that’s a nice way to end a post other than “fuck you you fucking idiot” or my personal favorite, “I’m wrong and your right”)
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I love white people talking about racism. It's amazing to behold.

Go on white people!! Do your thing.

I was told that bias is often conflated as racism, when in fact they are not the same thing. Quit stoking the fires.
    Go white people go!!!

Why do all these black people keep thinking I'm biased?? They just don't get it man. White people don't think I'm racist AT ALL!!!

If black people only understood, then they would really see - but it's really hard to make them understand when they keep telling me I'm racist!!

Oh well, I have lots of black friends.
    I'm pretty sure I read from you or someone parroting this stuff in another thread recently that they are in fact different issues.

Do you want Petersen to get the best players that fit the system, or do you want him to take 25 black kids who are descendant from two black parents for the sake of filling out racial quotas on the roster? For every black recruit who is potentially turned off by the roster composition at UW you could find another recruit of a different race who likes the diversity in the locker room.

If your actual issue here is simply that the OKG culture closes doors to appealing to certain recruits I think that you're correct, and that you're just going to have to get over that and accept that Pete's ideology probably makes it more likely that the kids who fit the OKG stuff come from two parent households or whatever other metric you want to use which is to the detriment of low-income/fast strategy recruits.

If you think that he has put the OKG stuff in place to intentionally accomplish that I think you're fucking insane. Hence my point about bias versus racism, because, no, they are not the same thing.