Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW 2019 Spring Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Nigel again, Haener is Uber, Uber competitive.

Haener is Uber x 3 competitive. Eason better have a natty level off season.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like Nigel likes try-hards.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,387
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Eason had a 60% completion percentage, a TD and no INTs.

Not awesome, but certainly not embarrassing.
    Film study will show who the better qb was today. Pretty easy to see. Wasnt Eason. Did you forget the 5 sacks where he stood like a statue while Haener was stepping up, eluding rush and actually moving chains? The pick is of no consequence to the coaches
    Eason has no legs. Eason has no legs.
    Yella, Haener has the biggest trunk, relatively by size, than all the qb's. And can extend plays with legs just like Browning. Brownings strongest suit, and he was really good at it. Haener has total package sans height (who's the #1 pick and 2" shorter than Haener) and pressing with int's trying to win job. He'll settle down, no worries.

But thanks yellow for an objective post at least, although inaccurate. It's what a forum is designed to accomplish...meaningful discussion. Oh, and 3 words longer than that poster formerly known as Baze and his 1-word masterpieces for posts
    I’m not objective in any way shape, Pup. I hate all short people and want only my 6’5” and up bros slinging the pig skin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

GOAT said:

I can’t believe I just watched that shit for two hours

That's how spring games generally go buttfuck. They're not for armchair dinks enjoyment like yours. They're for film study, of which Haener will grade out better. But make no mistake, this team will struggle on offense at least early in year. Spiker was a disappointment. We need him
    So, the offense is going to come out firing on all cylinders right off the bat.

I feel much better about this team's chances now.

Thanks, Arizona123!
    Goddamn ... Haven't heard that name since ...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Myles Rice actually looks good enough to at least give us some snaps. He’s always looked the part, but he does seem to be getting better.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Film study will show who the better qb was today. Pretty easy to see. Wasnt Eason. Did you forget the 5 sacks where he stood like a statue while Haener was stepping up, eluding rush and actually moving chains? The pick is of no consequence to the coaches
    Yella, Haener has the biggest trunk, relatively by size, than all the qb's. And can extend plays with legs just like Browning. Brownings strongest suit, and he was really good at it. Haener has total package sans height (who's the #1 pick and 2" shorter than Haener) and pressing with int's trying to win job. He'll settle down, no worries.

But thanks yellow for an objective post at least, although inaccurate. It's what a forum is designed to accomplish...meaningful discussion. Oh, and 3 words longer than that poster formerly known as Baze and his 1-word masterpieces for posts
    I’m not objective in any way shape, Pup. I hate all short people and want only my 6’5” and up bros slinging the pig skin.
    IFL Randy Newman.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,387
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

Passion said:

IFL Randy Newman.
    IFL LA! WFL it!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Myles Rice actually looks good enough to at least give us some snaps. He’s always looked the part, but he does seem to be getting better.

I think it is break it or make it for him. He is prime prospect for grad transfer
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

You're becoming a parody Pup.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019

For those wondering, Eason could have won job back from Fromm, he was given opportunity. He clearly saw he wouldnt thus transferred to UW where another Jake presents the same problem. He should have stayed at Georgia, he might have started after Fromm goes pro next year.

It's what I recommend to qb's. Stay put, work hard, your time will come. Eason, hit the weight room, learn from Haener...you might start after your grad transfer to Utah. At least you'll have a degree

Fromm couldn't beat Eason out in Fall camp. Eason maintained his starting job. Then Eason injured his knee. There was no opportunity to win the job back after that. Fromm was playing too well when Eason got healthy. No coach is dumb enough to fuck up what's working at the time. Fuck you're an insufferable cunt. Haener is fucking terrible. He's like a JUGS machine pumping out balls to the defense to help them work on their ball skills. You were terribly, terribly wrong and now you're just embarrassing yourself.
    In other words...Fromm was playing better you fucking idget. Fromm ga0ve beast cha0nce to win. Nobody loses job to injury..unless the other guy is better. Now sit your cunt down.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Pete says he is looking for consistency out of the QB position for spring day. We all learned who consistently threw picks. Is that a plus for Pete since it's consistent?

What we do know is who consistently took sacks on key 3rd downs, had zero feel in pocket...big boyd!
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Ngata had both his shoulders in a brace. Not good when it comes to gaining weight.

True, but he also has a lean lower half. Honestly he’s lean all around. He’s ripped, but not jacked. Every pic I see of him he’s cut up, but he’s just so lean.

He’s gained 8 pounds since he got here and his size seems to be the biggest obstacle to playing time. He flashes whenever he’s on the field, just too small to keep him out there other than obvious passing downs at his current position.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

Ones
    LT - Trey Adams
    LG - Luke Wattenberg
    C - Nick Harris
    RG - Jaxson Kirkland
    RT - Jared Hilbers

Twos
    LT - Henry Roberts
    LG - M.J. Ale
    C - Cole Norgaard
    RG - Victor Curne
    RT - Henry Bainivalu

The first-team defense lined up like this for the first scrimmage period:

DL - Benning Potoa'e
    DL - Levi Onwuzurike
    OLB - Joe Tryon
    OLB - Ryan Bowman
    ILB - Kyler Manu
    ILB - M.J. Tafisi
    CB - Keith Taylor
    CB - Kyler Gordon
    Safety - Myles Bryant
    Safety - Cameron Williams
    Nickel - Elijah Molden

When the second-team defense came out, this is how they lined up:

DL - John Clark
    DL - Sam Taimani
    OLB - Ariel Ngata
    OLB - Myles Rice
    ILB - Jackson Sirmon
    ILB - Josh Calvert
    CB - Dominique Hampton
    CB - Dustin Bush
    Safety - Brandon McKinney
    Safety - Alex Cook
    Nickel - Isaiah Gilchrist

-Looks like Taimani passed Tuli for now. Both will play a lot.
    -Cam Williams (w/ Bryant also at S) playing over McKinney.
    -I don’t think Ngata can add any weight. I hope we can find use for for him so he isn’t the next Josh Shirley.
    -Can the Hammer please take Manu’s spot?
    Ngata had both his shoulders in a brace. Not good when it comes to gaining weight.
    True, but he also has a lean lower half. Honestly he’s lean all around. He’s ripped, but not jacked. Every pic I see of him he’s cut up, but he’s just so lean.

He’s gained 8 pounds since he got here and his size seems to be the biggest obstacle to playing time. He flashes whenever he’s on the field, just too small to keep him out there other than obvious passing downs at his current position.
  • Options

Uhhh..No!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    dawgs206 said:

206, Same size as Donald Jones as soph dude...nuff said. Now come back to HH when he's a Jr. Lurk until then youngster
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like Nigel likes try-hards.

There was this horrible rumor that was spread when Nigel was drafted about him cutting the boom box cord on Westcoast Wednesday. That’s the day that the blacks put on all their favorite rap from tone loc, nwa, and sir mix a lot. Then this cracker ass honkey turned on some fucking country music bullshit. Nigel had enough of that white person bullshit and cut the cord to said boom box which made both whites and blacks upset.

Since then Nigel’s been trying to make it up to white try hards because it still weighs heavy on his conscience.

His comments make perfect sense when you know the whole back story.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone know what's up with ZTP or if he has been banged up? I'm thinking he'll have a decent role carved for him this season.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    whuggy said:

Gladstone said:
    Sorry. Not even watching the play. Just looking at the empty seats makes me want to vomit. Is it really that hard to figure out Pete? Embarrassing.
    There were more there earlier ... it was 2.5 hours in at that point and after about an hour of rain. Most people because of the weather seemed to head up to Club Husky to have the opportunity to pay $8-10 for a beer and watch inside. A lot of people left the seats in the lower bowl as the rain started and then left when it didn't stop.