Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2019

RB has been probably the quietest position group this spring, which is concerning given that Gaskin is no longer back there.

RB is always quiet because we don’t do much live work. I think we have enough to do well, but we shall see. There’s no sure fire guy, but I think if Salvon takes the next step he can be sensational.
    Despite the initial ridicule Dick Newt seems solid, too
    You love to paint the recruiting bored with a broad brush but the main ridicule of Dick came from BallzDeep. Who now loves Dick and pretends he never hated it.

The consensus, if there was one, was "meh" he is a JAG as a recruit. Might end up good but isn't a special or rare human.

Of course it should be noted the RB class out West was incredibly weak in 2018. Dick was the 2nd highest rated RB in the West. The only other top-25 nationally ranked RB, Chris Brown who many on this bored wanted, went to Cal. After Brown and Dick the next highest rated West RBs went to Boise, SDSU, and Oregon State.

USC, Oregon, Stanford, Colorado, and ASU (x3) all went out of region for RBs.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

RB has been probably the quietest position group this spring, which is concerning given that Gaskin is no longer back there.

RB is always quiet because we don’t do much live work. I think we have enough to do well, but we shall see. There’s no sure fire guy, but I think if Salvon takes the next step he can be sensational.
    You love to paint the recruiting bored with a broad brush but the main ridicule of Dick came from BallzDeep. Who now loves Dick and pretends he never hated it.

The consensus, if there was one, was "meh" he is a JAG as a recruit. Might end up good but isn't a special or rare human.

Of course it should be noted the RB class out West was incredibly weak in 2018. Dick was the 2nd highest rated RB in the West. The only other top-25 nationally ranked RB, Chris Brown who many on this bored wanted, went to Cal. After Brown and Dick the next highest rated West RBs went to Boise, SDSU, and Oregon State.

Dennis hated Dick.

Didn't expect to ever write that.

Almost all the lemmings did
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701

Dennis hated Dick.

Meh.

I think they like Pleasant and are trying to be clever in a down year.

He's okay, I guess.

He looks like Kamari Pleasant if Kamari just bounced everything outside.

He’s not a DDY1 like Chin or Nik Little, but he’s a low 2.

If you want to know what a good RB with his frame looks like, go watch Steve Carr’s highlights from last year.

This kid isn’t close to what we need to up the level of our team.

He’s like BBK, it’ll be barely noticeable that he’s not very good vs crappy teams, but once we play legit teams this guy will be nowheresville.

So yeah like I said, meh, JAG, not a rare human but not horrible. With a little DDY performance art sprinkled in there.

DDY and "lemmings" all wanted Treshaun Harrison at RB. There are many reasons that recruitment was fucked up but outside of actually recruiting Treshaun and getting him to play RB there weren't many options in 2018.

Which was a completely legitimate viewpoint but keep on using your PGOS hindsight powers to proclaim everyone to be wrong when you never post any opinions of your own.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Dennis hated Dick.

• Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck Haener, fuck Pete, fuck Bush if he starts this diminutive shrimp with a low ceiling. Kid can’t see over the line and throws another pick six...or he should have if McKinney didn’t have BuddaFingers.
    Founders Club

Dennis hated Dick.

Meh.

He's okay, I guess.

If you want to know what a good RB with his frame looks like, go watch Steve Carr’s highlights from last year.

He’s like BBK, it’ll be barely noticeable that he’s not very good vs crappy teams, but once we play legit teams this guy will be nowheresville.

So yeah like I said, meh, JAG, not a rare human but not horrible. With a little DDY performance art sprinkled in there.

DDY and "lemmings" all wanted Treshaun Harrison at RB. There are many reasons that recruitment was fucked up but outside of actually recruiting Treshaun and getting him to play RB there weren't many options in 2018.

Which was a completely legitimate viewpoint but keep on using your PGOS hindsight powers to proclaim everyone to be wrong when you never post any opinions of your own.

Id go back and cherry pick all the shit people said about Newton if I wasnt lazy. Dont act like people werent saying it was a wasted scholarship and that he sucked and so does our RB coach
    Founders Club

Dennis hated Dick.

Meh.

He's okay, I guess.

Id go back and cherry pick all the shit people said about Newton if I wasnt lazy. Dont act like people werent saying it was a wasted scholarship and that he sucked and so does our RB coach
    It may just be because you are not interested in the intricacies of recruiting that you can’t separate out separate arguments. The primary argument against dick was not that he was terrible, it was just that he was a jag and didn’t look as good as Harrison and other top level recruits.

I am sorry to whomever’s feelings this hurts, but I’m not going to apologize for wanting players like Stephen Carr.
    Getting the 2nd best RB on the west coast isnt a joke, down year or not
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dennis hated Dick.

Meh.

He's okay, I guess.

It may just be because you are not interested in the intricacies of recruiting that you can’t separate out separate arguments. The primary argument against dick was not that he was terrible, it was just that he was a jag and didn’t look as good as Harrison and other top level recruits.

I am sorry to whomever’s feelings this hurts, but I’m not going to apologize for wanting players like Stephen Carr.
    You don’t understand recruiting.
    Founders Club

Dennis hated Dick.

Meh.

He's okay, I guess.

You don’t understand recruiting.

I understand more about it than youd ever give me credit for
  • GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    Newton still sucks until he doesn’t for me. His film was terrible.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If Ahmed can run between the tackles, I think we'll be fine, but he struggled against better defenses last year (Cal, tOSU, Utah, and Utah).

In our 1 game without Gaskin last year, Pleasant had most of our carries and was most effective, but I don't see him being our #1. Maybe Cam Davis?
    Salvon showed extremely high levels of speed and elusiveness last year when running towards our own end zone. If we can teach him to run forwards he will be awesome
    Founders Club

Dennis hated Dick.

I still do.

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

chuck said:

The corners and DL are going to be amazing. Gordon and Hampton seem to be locked in a battle for the one side. I think Gordon is a freak and biund to star on this defense at some point. If Hampton can hold him off, and Taylor is better than both as I'm getting the feeling he is, then holy shit.

The DL is reloaded too...no longer any concern. The redshirt frosh are beasts. They're ready.

I think next year we will have our best DB grouping we’ve ever had. If the young class of LB’s we signed this year is as good as advertised, next year could be the best defense we’ve had in a long time. The talent on all 3 levels is absurd.
    Too early for the true frosh LB's to make a huge impact. 2020 defense will be special. Real talk.
    I meant 2020 when I said next year. LB’s from this class need at least a year. Even if they are so-so, we’ll have an insane D. Gordon, Hampton, Irvin, and Taylor, if he stays (I think he could leave) at CB/S, and Molden at nickel is crazy talent. Cam, McDuffie, and Asa as RS frosh. The line is set with our two previous classes. We just need Calvert, Hammer, and Sirmon to step up and anything less than a top 5 D in the country is a disappointment.
    Isnt Tafisi supposedly a stud too? The LB group is going to be really strong. Gregory is a good coach and a good enough recruiter, I'm a fan. Get the guy away from special teams though
    Strongly disagree.

So our LBs have not been good?