Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Redman, 2020 4* TE, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

“I’ve told people this, but I love pass-blocking and run-blocking some plays, because I just want to take my anger out,” Redman told The Times on Sunday night. “But on other plays you’re 1-v-1 with a linebacker or a DB and you just want to make a quick stick and catch the ball and get up field and get a touchdown.

“I like to call it the most versatile position on the field, and that’s why I like it so much. You can pretty much do everything.”

This kid is such a fucking savage.

“You always hear funky stuff about some schools, but honestly I haven’t heard one bad thing about UW. That really goes to show that you’ll have a great program and a great staff behind you as well.”

Redman — who is ranked as the No. 10 tight end in the 2020 class by 247Sports — will have those things … eventually.

Until then, he has to work — and not just on his routes.

“Both my brothers worked there before,” Redman said of his nearly two-year stint at Ace Hardware. “It’s kind of a family trend, we call it. It’s awesome, because it just shows what actual life is like. You’re not just going to get everything your way. You’ve got to work for stuff.

“You’re not always going to have mom and dad to back you up. You’ve got to get your own money, and you have to deal with people in real-life situations. It’s taught me a lot.”

It’s taught him how to build a grill, for example. It’s taught him how to operate a cash register. It’s taught him that even a highly touted tight end has to clock in at 10 a.m. two days after announcing his verbal commitment to Washington.

With his senior season looming, Redman still has a lot to learn. But he knew enough to end his college recruitment eight months early.

“It’s definitely a relief (to be committed),” Redman said. “Don’t get me wrong, the recruiting process is very fun and interesting. But there’s a time when you have to say, ‘OK, I’m done. I know the school I want to go to.’

“That time was right now. So that’s why I picked UW.”

OKG

Shoutout Mike Vorel btw, keep killing it.
    Working at fucking Ace teaches you about life? JFC.

That was painful to read and Mike Vorel sucks.
    Working a cash register and knowing your place are critical life skills in capitalist society.
    "I put together a grill, I'm adulting!!"

White people are really the worst.
    Hahahhahahahhaha
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

“I’ve told people this, but I love pass-blocking and run-blocking some plays, because I just want to take my anger out,” Redman told The Times on Sunday night. “But on other plays you’re 1-v-1 with a linebacker or a DB and you just want to make a quick stick and catch the ball and get up field and get a touchdown.

“I like to call it the most versatile position on the field, and that’s why I like it so much. You can pretty much do everything.”

“You always hear funky stuff about some schools, but honestly I haven’t heard one bad thing about UW. That really goes to show that you’ll have a great program and a great staff behind you as well.”

Redman — who is ranked as the No. 10 tight end in the 2020 class by 247Sports — will have those things … eventually.

“Both my brothers worked there before,” Redman said of his nearly two-year stint at Ace Hardware. “It’s kind of a family trend, we call it. It’s awesome, because it just shows what actual life is like. You’re not just going to get everything your way. You’ve got to work for stuff.

“You’re not always going to have mom and dad to back you up. You’ve got to get your own money, and you have to deal with people in real-life situations. It’s taught me a lot.”

It’s taught him how to build a grill, for example. It’s taught him how to operate a cash register. It’s taught him that even a highly touted tight end has to clock in at 10 a.m. two days after announcing his verbal commitment to Washington.

With his senior season looming, Redman still has a lot to learn. But he knew enough to end his college recruitment eight months early.

“It’s definitely a relief (to be committed),” Redman said. “Don’t get me wrong, the recruiting process is very fun and interesting. But there’s a time when you have to say, ‘OK, I’m done. I know the school I want to go to.’

OKG

I guess u miss jewed that much? He is killing it relative to jewed who was lazy as fuck
    #ducks
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

OKG

I guess u miss jewed that much? He is killing it relative to jewed who was lazy as fuck
    #ducks
    S>TPOTD
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Best Redman on campus in decades

If Huard loses an eye before enrolling we might be on to something.
    One eye on the Rose Bowl?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

OKG

I worked at a grocery store for a few years in high school and college. Definitely had some good "life takeaways" from that experience.
    I worked some truly shitty jobs in high school but what really did it was working a summer as a roofer in Southern California. Wearing coveralls in 110+ degree heat and still coming home covered in tar. It taught me I'd rather hate my job and be rich than hate my job and be a pour. I transferred to UW the next year.
    Damn bruh, should have transferred to ND for their prestigious education
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes