Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A reminder to hardly clothed

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,597
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited April 2019 in Tug Tavern
Do you know what catapulted Bill Clinton into the conversation as President? His interview with Arsenio Hall and playing saxophone on the show. It wasn't policy or beliefs. George Bush senior was viewed as a stick in the mud. Clinton offered Charisma and a smile.

Obama got into the conversation as a future President from a speech at the Democratic National convention. Had nothing to do with his positions or policy.

George Bush was a guy you could sit down and have a beer with.

Ronald Reagan, do I need to explain?

But yes personality has no impact when running for President.

Comments

• Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I didn’t say it has no impact. I said personality is what dipshits like you care more about over policy. How has that worked out for the modern Democratic party. Zero significant legislation that compares to their mid-century peers and an electoral wipeout 2.5 years ago.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

I didn’t say it has no impact. I said personality is what dipshits like you care more about over policy. How has that worked out for the modern Democratic party. Zero significant legislation that compares to their mid-century peers and an electoral wipeout 2.5 years ago.

You sound angry.
    You’re the guy creating threads about me
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,597
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

So Pete is a white Obama without community organizing experience. Got it.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Pretty much. Smart guy with strong oratory skills but uninspiring moderate politics.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

jecornel said:

Pretty much. Smart guy with strong oratory skills but uninspiring moderate politics.
    Obama wasn’t that great an orator.

Plenty of black preachers with more game than Barry.

Maybe because John Favreau didn't write most of their speeches.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

So you're saying he was articulate.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

jecornel said:

And corrupt as fuck. Refused to prosecute any Wall Street felons, immediately abandoned the public option component of healthcare reform, made the Bush tax cuts permanent and set up unconstitutional Kangaroo Title IX Courts in every public university across the land.

And yes, I voted for him twice, so fuck off.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man.”
    Shitty jump shot.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

jecornel said:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man.”
    Shitty jump shot.

Couldn't throw a baseball worth a shit either. And I'm not even going to mention the bicycle ride. Less manly than the fat ass pussy in there right now that's too scared to throw out the first pitch, even.

Fuck electing a woman. We should figure out how to elect a man first.
    Where is Teddy Swolesvelt when we need him.

This guy.

At least he’s not a lard ass. I guess

And fuck voting for the guy “I’d like to have a beer with”. I don’t give a shit if he’s (or she) is someone I’d despise as a person. I’m never going to be their buddy.
    I"ll buy you a schooner.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

jecornel said:

Shitty jump shot.

Couldn't throw a baseball worth a shit either. And I'm not even going to mention the bicycle ride. Less manly than the fat ass pussy in there right now that's too scared to throw out the first pitch, even.

This guy.

And fuck voting for the guy “I’d like to have a beer with”. I don’t give a shit if he’s (or she) is someone I’d despise as a person. I’m never going to be their buddy.
    And if you ever did have a beer with them they would be a narcissistic sociopath who you would hate instantly
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862

dflea said:

jecornel said:

Shitty jump shot.

This guy.

The lard ass pulls dimes while the former potus wears a helmet and mom jeans.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

jecornel said:

Shitty jump shot.

This guy.

I"ll buy you a schooner.
    Just the first one though.